It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

It is all about energy..this I was taught by him over the years. He often speaks way over my head but I am learning. He has often spoken of plains of exhistance and makes fun of me when I worry.

I'm happy to have met you here.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

Did you ever obesess over theories of Chaos?

No I didn't need to it was all around me, but I knew at a young age that something just wasn't right with me.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
I'm glad I've found you--thanks. Sending smilies your way.

It takes one to know one, so lets find others.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
All I know is there are a lot of fearful, hateful, narrow-minded people out there who need to be offset. I can't afford to be any of those things. I have seen them from the inside; I've seen our society our streets from the inside. It's ugly. How did we get here?

It's a rhetorical question really but one worth considering. Also, and of more immediate consequence: how do we make it better?

----I'm talking about a quantum leap, bypassing all regular channels.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Things are very right for you now. That was the hardest thing for all of us to deal with..the whole "something is wrong with you". It was the hardest thing for him to overcome but once he did we could all see his true content.

He studied every word ever written on chaos as a young teenager, then suddenly one day he had it all figured out...this life is just a dream we dress up to make it all tangible.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

That's a beautiful place to be Witness! I'm glad he's found a way to plug in. Hope it did not require severing anything.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

That was the trick..to sever nothing and include everything. My heart sinks low for those that find themselves being diagnosed and drugged down...they are forced to sever everything and lose the beauty of who they are.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
This seems to be what my girlfriend thinks, she is the eternal skeptic--although, she does admit that we made non-verbal contact 800 miles apart once. What do you think? Are telepathic individuals just crazies talking to themselves?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by telepath]

are you sure she/you don't actually mean "multiple personality disorder" whereas the perceived "voice" that the telepathic claims to be receiving, is that of a separate personality of theirs interacting with another?

maybe she should get down to the nitty gritty as to which exactpersonality disorder you're distinctly trying to pair to the perceived phenomena of telepathy.

another thing... would not the next step of biologically integrating what we know as "bluetooth" headsets into the brain.. or activating specific areas of the brain that can accomplish such a (fundamentally basic) scientific principle as receiving specific patterns in the electromagnetic radiation in a coherent method as to make sense of them, be exactly what we describe as "telepathic" ?

doesn't seem like such a difficult concept to fathom.
whether the "wiring" is already there.. and is just "activated" in "telepaths"..
or the "wiring" has yet to be implemented.. it wouldn't be that big of a jump from what we see with people talking on their bluetooth headsets.

-

-

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
another thing..

( and this isnt directed at the OP )

but the more and more that technology advances... and the more and more physics theories become more and more expansive..

the further and further skeptics have to reach to disprove phenomena that's been observed for decades

it's going to come to a point eventually...
where skeptics are the ones that are considered insane because of their far reaching wrap-around explanations for things that will be able to be explained in full detail with the new discoveries and inventions coming to fruition.

it's all going to come down to a bunch of old men completely blind to reality, and covering their ears and eyes to the truth unfolding around them... screaming "no no no!! it CAN'T EXIST.!!! I CAN'T be WRONG!!!"
all to the entertainment of all.

we can then put skeptics of reality in zoos and watch them drag around their theories of debunkery in mild yet empathetic amusement.

-

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

prevenge,

Great points as always! I'm no expert in the field of mental health. I suppose it could mean either MPD or Schizophrenia. The disease in question is merely a source, not an effect. I don't feel it necessary to pin this down, it's a metaphor really.

another thing... would not the next step of biologically integrating what we know as "bluetooth" headsets into the brain.. or activating specific areas of the brain that can accomplish such a (fundamentally basic) scientific principle as receiving specific patterns in the electromagnetic radiation in a coherent method as to make sense of them, be exactly what we describe as "telepathic" ?

I am amazed at how far we've come. I recently read about a petri dish filled with a few tens of thousands of rat neurons flying an F-22 flight simulator successfully, actually "learning" how to fly.

As I understand it PR, telepathy takes two people. Two minds. If you hooked wires directly from one brain to another and they were both able to transmit and receive, I suppose you could call that telepathy. Sure you could use antennas and amplifiers to artificially boost what we already have. But that's the point: we already have it. I could see the military employing such a form of telepathy. In fact, I am sure they're doing it right now; remote viewing has been public knowledge for some time now.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Your awareness shifts into other things besides yourself.

Yes.
And then you realise they are not besides yourself.

That everything is one and the same, live and active, substance.

What follows is somewhat off-topic, but I hope to be excused, as some might find it worthy of reading nevertheless.

Somebody mentioned - about you, I think - that it can be difficult or even next-to-impossible to "tune out" of other people's thoughts.

I have the same experience. Only, I always called them "vibrations" myself (although in the past few years I have come to detest the term, because it's so overused).
That's because people in conversation don't usually articulate their thoughts in their mind beforehand but as they are coming out of their mouths. :-)

More importantly, they are not really talking to YOU, but rather to the more or less stable image they have of you. They relate to the vibrations of that image. And however false or off that image of you may be, in time you learn to handle the patterns of thought and verbal exchange that arise from it in each individual case (one friend's image of you - and the corresponding interaction - is not identical to your image in another friend's mind)

Perceiving those "vibrations" is not something I strive to do; I just feel them, in a para-physical way.
And usually it's not a problem at all. After all, I've always had that ability (if that's the right word).

But there were situations when I had to give answers to precise questions, by people I did not know (so I wasn't used to handling their individual "vibrations"), in public.
The questions were of a personal nature - nothing potentially embarrassing, just personal - but my mind was so overwhelmed by the foreign image of me and the corresponding thoughts they were unwittingly pressing onto me that it blocked the train of my thoughts. It happened EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So I just looked away and lied.

(And now I avoid such situations altogether.)

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

A dis-order is not necessarily a disease, you know? :-)
It' just what it says: an infringement of a currently established "order" -
which may or may not be a paragon of "health" in itself...

Mind you: having a mental "disorder", even if it is not a disease, is not necessarily free of pain, of course - but it doesn't automatically follow that the pain should be "treated" by making it go away at whatever cost. After all, pain itself is a very important indicator of a process that is most likely highly relevant to that person's life. It is our friend, not a foe.

"Multiple personality disorder" is just a description of a state or series of states, the causes and process of which are not really well established.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
Had one cow call me an a$$hole once, and others cows agree with him, how I knew was, they were looking dead at me, and awareness helps.

Was having an off day. So the Cow thought.

I should of asked him what they call you guys with no legs, ground beef.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by menguard]

Aw, thats just what cows do. They stand in groups looking at you like you are a complete a-hole. It's why they get tipped.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

A dis-order is not necessarily a disease, you know? :-)
It' just what it says: an infringement of a currently established "order" -
which may or may not be a paragon of "health" in itself...

Mind you: having a mental "disorder", even if it is not a disease, is not necessarily free of pain, of course - but it doesn't automatically follow that the pain should be "treated" by making it go away at whatever cost. After all, pain itself is a very important indicator of a process that is most likely highly relevant to that person's life. It is our friend, not a foe.

"Multiple personality disorder" is just a description of a state or series of states, the causes and process of which are not really well established.

point noted.

starred also

[edit on 27-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

But there were situations when I had to give answers to precise questions, by people I did not know (so I wasn't used to handling their individual "vibrations"), in public.
The questions were of a personal nature - nothing potentially embarrassing, just personal - but my mind was so overwhelmed by the foreign image of me and the corresponding thoughts they were unwittingly pressing onto me that it blocked the train of my thoughts. It happened EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So I just looked away and lied.

(And now I avoid such situations altogether.)

I was with you to a point, but I really lost you with this last paragraph. Are you saying that their thought patterns made you so uncomfortable that you lied to protect yourself? Why are strangers getting personal with you like that, anyway? That may not be relevant to what you are saying...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

As I said, the interference - there is really no other way of putting it - of their thoughts and "vibrations" (i.e. focused energy) was too strong for me to be able to order my own thoughts. It blocked the train of my thoughts.
Had I been familiar with those people - and there were many more than one, which doesn't make it easier - I would have been familiar with the energy and thought patterns they "emitted", if you will, and so they would not have overwhelmed my thought process - my concentration, to put it simply.

But I wasn't, and so I could not concentrate. Their thought energy crowded my mind, leaving no space for my own.

I can see how that could be difficult to understand, but there is no other, simpler way of putting it, without risking such oversimplification that only new misunderstandings would ensue. Semantics is a tricky business!

I ended with that line simply because I wanted to end on a lighter note - to avoid any hint of pomposity.
It is true nevertheless. Since I could not collect my thoughts, I simply blurted something, anything.
(And I don't feel guilty at all!
)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

another thing..

Ha! Star for you. Yes, no doubt; I agree completely! Science-fiction becomes reality--it's proven again and again. I can see the curve of this reality coming back around to bite the skeptics in their arses. Nobody doubts wireless transfer of energy today.

I have no bad wishes for skeptics, though I don't have to like somebody to disagree with them

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

I will give you my take on this. In telepathy, there is a "sender" and a "receiver"- You could be both but generaly speaking, some people are better at one than the other.

Every day without fail, i will think of someone and call them. They always say wow, i was just thinking about you. It happens with everyone, its as if i know, like a message being sent and I suddenly receive it. I call myself a receiver, i cant send anything to anyone, but i receive.

People actually get ^sp00ked^

If no one sends me any alarms, i wont call at all.

I dont beleive in coincidences.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think coincidences are more like "co-incidents." In this case a message sent and received. That is a good example of every-day telepathy. These kinds of things happen all the time. It goes on unacknowledged. Like another poster here, I used to call these experiences "vibes" but if you look a little deeper there is more going on.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If someone can publish a book showing a methodical and full understanding of how mass consciousness work and how to use it, that person is my hero.

I've had psychic "flares" before where more psychic events happen to me than normal, but I can never seem to sustain them. That's why I want someone to explain the whole thing. And give instructions. It's hard to do when you don't even know what you're doing when you're doing it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join