It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You are right and there are some people who are too far gone to be able to do anything about it (the severely mentalay insane)... but there are others who have learnt to live with it and control it instead of it controlling them... i should know as i was diagnosed with it 10 years ago.... however as previously stated i believe that we have extra senses and not all of us are mentally insane!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would hate to get into the clutches of one of these institutions.

Psychiatrists tend to be some of the most messed up people there are. It just seems to be one of those professions that attracted whacked out people. Lawyers are also some of the most messed up people I have ever dealt with.

Going to these people for help is like cutting yourself open, and going swimming with sharks.

There are certain people who will use everything and anything you say against you, and once you get diagnosed with some problem, from what I have read and heard, it is worse than a criminal record.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I would hate to get into the clutches of one of these institutions.

Psychiatrists tend to be some of the most messed up people there are. It just seems to be one of those professions that attracted whacked out people. Lawyers are also some of the most messed up people I have ever dealt with.

Going to these people for help is like cutting yourself open, and going swimming with sharks.

There are certain people who will use everything and anything you say against you, and once you get diagnosed with some problem, from what I have read and heard, it is worse than a criminal record.

And yet, i have seen dozens of people get admitted for going crazy after getting arrested for something, only to be let go in a day or two and are never seen again.

The "shrinks" know that there are cases where substance abuse (frequent), drinking, the stress of an illness, or blood sugar issues can cause intermittent psychosis....or a good act to avoid jail for a few days.

Most states are broke right now. They are looking for many ways to cut budgets, and MHMR is a good place to start. Hospitals have had to get to where they turn away patients that NEED inpatient care because they just aren't funded for the beds required to get the job done.

We are not talkinga bout a lucrative, private mental institution. That is something that the affluent do by choice, because they just don't want to behave (affluency and dysfunctional behavior seem to go hand in hand). We are talking about state run mental institutions.

I will be the first to admit, there are abuses. Aide's are given too much opportunity to cause harm to the patients. Without an EXTREMELY robust Patients Rights advocate working cases, and a solid screening process, hospitals are not likely to improve much. The hospital i worked at is nothing like you would expect in a state run mental hospital, to be sure (even though the buildings are 1940's era, and carry the ghosts of horrendous treatment regimens in days gone by).

The hospital of today is more about allowing the patientt to execute his/her psychosis while only intervening to maintain safety. Medications are given, to be sure, but often they are in place of physical restraint when done on a PRN basis. Something like 5 or 10 mg Haldol, or some Ativan, to quell violent behavior only.

Groups like the ACLU, while reviled (rightly, in many cases) have done a great job of improving the care given to the mentally infirm. At least, in Texas.

Regardless, when you only are budgeted to pay doctors 200k/yr, you are going to get the talent you can afford. And they usually come with their own "baggage", as you mention.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
This seems to be what my girlfriend thinks, she is the eternal skeptic--although, she does admit that we made non-verbal contact 800 miles apart once. What do you think? Are telepathic individuals just crazies talking to themselves?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by telepath]

No. I personally can read at times what my wife is saying and it's almost always right i also know what others are thinking.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I would say you are right on for the states, but jk197x is in Australia, or was it Europe, so the situation is probably very different. I imagine having parents with good insurance would also be a dangerous factor, especially if they wanted you committed.

Did you ever see the Movie about Francis Farmer?

Just think if they treated cancer patients like they treat people with mental illnesses.

I think it could be very possible that people who suffer from mental illness could in fact be overly sensitive to telepathy, and that is where the voices come from. Notably, a lot of people who suffer from mental illnesses like psychosis and schizophrenia are highly intelligent.

I think Bandler put most correctly into perspective, the difference between sane people and insane people is our ability to recognize the things we perceive that belong to the real world, and those things that do not. Er, something like that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You are right and there are some people who are too far gone to be able to do anything about it (the severely mentalay insane)... but there are others who have learnt to live with it and control it instead of it controlling them... i should know as i was diagnosed with it 10 years ago.... however as previously stated i believe that we have extra senses and not all of us are mentally insane!!!

FurryTexan, i owe you a public apology. I was jk197x, who ranted so much against you about meds and stuff..

But i've entered another sleep-deprivation period, and have been able to pull myself out of it thanks to:
- help from my parent's (i'm doing a holiday at their place, and they are my mentors and tutors now)
- plenty of walks and bike-rides out in nature (rather than unjust lockup with other psychotics)

- *SNIP*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

this helps my telepathic skills a lot, and allows me to function normally without too much "problems"..

So you were right about "take your meds dude". And i must apologize for grilling you so much. I was venting my frustration about "the wrong meds for me" which i had to try for several months each in order to find out that "hey, this aint it either yet"..

Please accept my humble apologies.
I'll rant much less against psychiatery and the practices it must perform to keep the general public safe from the demonicily possessed.

For more info see:
- forums.catholic.com...
- facebook.com/rene7705

[edit on 19-4-2010 by rene7705]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by rene7705]
edit on 2/9/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Having been to a mental hospital for "psychosis" my telepathy, I have to say i agree with the anti-meds. Meds cause depression, apathy, boredom and were the worst three months of my life. That being said I heard the doctors thoughts such as after recieving a blood test with 30 seconds I heard the doctors thoughts "he's still not depressed" doctors try to make you depressed. And secondly I heard one doctor out of the three I had come up to me and said bye but stood there for a solid 5 seconds afterwards and thought Nick have a good one I spoke and said you too.

I was forced to stay in the hospital because they said I was a threat to other people and myself, when I have never been so, it goes against my religion. Doctors do not care about the patients all what they care about is prescribing drugs (I wouldnt call them meds). The meds also go against my religion but I was literally dragged to the mental hospital by my father, my lawyer told me if you want to get out of here make sure you take your meds, and lastly my parents have threatened to kick me out if I dont take them. But im going off them anyway.

To the OP i have to say schiziophrenia is telepathy people are communicationing with other people, dead people, and other beings (aliens or demons whichever you prefer). Theres propaganda going on to say telepathy is impossible when Joan of Arc, Moses, and even Ghandi communication telepathically (Adam and Eve did as well: origin). This is all to push an atheist agenda, and to profit the pharmaceuticals. No one has a mental illness, (studying philosophy in university), everyone has a different perception of reality. People labelled with mental illness commit suicide because of the medication and the social isolation one feels when diagnosed with this. TO ANYONE READING THIS WHO THINKS THEY MIGHT HAVE A MENTAL ILLNESS STAY AWAY FROM THE MENTAL "HOSPITAL" ALL WHAY LIES THERE IS STIGMA, TORTURE, AND CAPITALISM!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This seems to be what my girlfriend thinks, she is the eternal skeptic--although, she does admit that we made non-verbal contact 800 miles apart once. What do you think? Are telepathic individuals just crazies talking to themselves?

Yes and no...

Telepathy is real.
The chemical imbalance that produces schizophrenia is real.

Some telepaths are schizophrenic.
Some schizophrenics are telepaths.

You cannot get diagnosed with telepathy.
You can get diagnosed and labelled schizophrenic.

If you are not schizophrenic, and confirmed telepathy happens...?!
If you are schizophrenic, and telepathy happens...it is most likely a combination of the two...confusing for the person with schizophrenia!

A99

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

If our brains are capable of telepathy. And I think, to some degree they are.

Then maybe schizophrenia is result of the same function that allows that telepathy among other things?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Aside from research done in thousands of universities over decades and signifcant findings that most people don't hear about where the average response for left hemisphered science students was 8% above the norm expected for random, and that is a huge stat when aspirin is considered to lower chance of heart failure, by a very real repeatable amount in various studies, but that amount is less than 1%. When you switch the focus onto right hemisphered students or base, such as twins, artists or anyone who has experienced some psi , such as knowing the phone would ring, that stat went up to over 45% above norm. Huge findings.

But another thing to ask. Are animals schizophrenic?

Does the actual successes discovered in the stuides indicate illness. Ie. the experiment showed more than the random chance odds, and had a positive result, does that result therefore mean, success therefore crazy.

Well that would be a cool way to be crazy then!

Telepathic Animal Communicator Dexter Del Monte

I Know What You're Thinking! Animal Telepathy Studies with Dr. Rupert Sheldrake (1/3)

"Science and the taboo of psi" with Dean Radin

And relating to this last video. Don' shoot the messager. I don't care if he's a cross dresser, or what he does in his spare time. Listen to the message, which is all about congressional hearings and findings on the results of much research.

And describes the research that has been done. And very well put too.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I understand some will think me out in left field on this, but I think schizophrenia is just a different frequency. Schizos see what "the normal" can't.

I find the illness fascinating. The ramblings of schizos are some of the most interesting things I've read.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Possibly. But none the less withstanding, there are things relating to OCD invovled in some of it, various distortions and lack of functioning, horrific input being picked up, and therefore its more of a malfunctioning.

But telepathy has been studied and only in a few weird cases, that the media pounce on where the study was done in a way that doesnt relate to the broad base of findings on how it works in humans, did they fail to get the results. The procedures done in the right way give good results repeatedly. So if they want to design a faulty experiment and publish it to suppress this, that people accept those findings over the thousands of positive experiments done and repeated, shows asleep at the wheel mentality, that to me is not only a touch insane, but dangerous. Its dangerous to live in a world with people enslaved by those who don't want us to wake up.

Telepathy, is not a malfunctioning brain, as shizophrenia is. Its an enhancement.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I know a schizo. She sees things on a different level and in doing so draws my attention to alternate ways of looking at the world.

I like talking to her. She makes me think harder about reality. I'd equate it to a form of altered consciousness without mind-altering substances.

I believe there is definitely something to telepathy, but I don't think it's related to schizophrenia.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

There is a difference between higher functioning, but still on a range, accute, and lower functioning, which is very sad to witness, chronic, schizophrenia.

The difference is this, text book: if one goes in and out of the phase, but its something that when in is severe and causes loss of job, and lack of life skills. And yet, meds work best for accute. And if one doesn't take the meds, then Vit C and Niacin and other nutrients in large doses have been known to put this into remission like in Margo Kidder's case.

You may not know someone is affected unless they share it with you.

Chronic is much more severe, they never leave the state, meds manage the condition to some extent but do not stop it, same with the other method. They seem like stuck in a rut like OCD, repeating behavior and here is thing, if thats not hallunciantion, then the reality around us is insane. Giant spiders, insects of all kinds, and often gods, of old, angels, witches, many many tortures and things that are not logical, even if one could see this as access to another realm, it still distorted massively, comes out of physical conditions in the brain. There are centers that relate to OCD and anxiety, and there is the pineal that can become really calcified, like a huge lump, that is associated with many mental illnesses, which you can research if you want.

The point is, while the receiver might be open, they may be a natural shaman to some extent, there is so much distortion and fear and pain, that it seems to me, if that is true, then someone is manipulating them and feeding them some terrible wrong things.

When I was younger was thinking of becoming a psychiatric nurse for a short while but realized didn't have the ability to handle a ruly crowd, or do that kind of thing physically. Its a hard job.

I've met several people with a range of those conditions, and yes, they can be wise in their own way, but you're still aware of the illness or condition. The chronic schizophrenic I knew had her life change, her writing changed to become hard to read even for herself, her logic disappeared, her beliefs became rigid, everything was angels and gods of old, and torture, and she could see thousands of projections of each person. She couldn't watch news or tv without having people brought to her, and was physically tormented. Every time she ate, weapons were put in her throat and mouth and she would gag and gag She repeated movements like OCD and long convoluted prayers to get rid of them, word for word as if in a groove.

Its not what I call shamanism or psi. Though it may contain portions of the brain that are psi, but if so, then its more like them being distorted physically and then hijacked.

edit on 8-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I'm very familiar with schizophrenia, but thanks for your opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
www.netdoctor.co.uk...

www.abct.org/docs/Members/FactSheets/Schizophrenia%200907.pdf

www.fightingdepression.co.uk...
(this is more text book)

The statistics

• 25% of people diagnosed with schizophrenia will go on to make a full and complete recovery
• 50% of people diagnosed with schizophrenia will manage their schizophrenia with appropriate treatment and support and have periods of remission where they appear quite well. Many of these can lead full and satisfying lives
• 25% of people diagnosed with schizophrenia will need constant treatment and a high level of support with no periods of remission

The latter is chronic. But the 50% accute also have full swing symptoms, not mild ones, often but its more treatable or shorter term, at times.

Through my observation of that woman with chronic condition, I thought she seemed like she also had OCD. So I researched and sure enough:

www.schizophrenia.com...
OCD & Schizophrenia Overlap

There is a lot of fluff in articles about halluciinations and stuff, overlapping narcotics and shock and elderly and schizophrenic, but the medical type articles are the best. I almost linked a pdf, but had to change my mind for they had to include one graphic picture of an arm cut up deeply by an attack with a scapel it looked like. And that makes it out of the question.

Other illnesses/disorders do this too like Bipolar.

Now this is very interesting: blogs.discovermagazine.com... ychosis/#.URWKLxKUwpA

For those who can overcome and astrally project, they may gain skills and strenght over their condition if its accute probably more frequently.

That suggests to me there is some element of pineal and areas affected that are gateway, and perhaps why in indigenous cultures they did not have schizophrenia diagnosed as we do.

I read something along the lines of, if this developed in someone, they would tend to them and give them light chores, and often they would grow out of it, and if they did not, they needed training to become shamans.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Also if anyone has any questions about my telepathy feel free to ask? such experiences, why anyting, and just to add a point it wasn't even me who called myself a telepath to begin with it was people in my university residence who did.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

given that a form of schizophrenic episode makes the person think (for example) a newscaster on t.v. is talking DIRECTLY to them (a loop in the information processing department), i'd say it's plausible that this form could combine with auditory hallucinations, then the brain of the individual associates the voice with a person and thinks it's telepathy.

most cases, if not all cases, are people deluding themselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Read this and tell me people are deluding themselves:mikemcclaughry.wordpress.com... Once you have finished reading this rethink the word delude and who's "deluding" themselves.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglesflames

most cases ARE people deluding themselves. an eeg has literally nothing to do with telepathy. you can't use it to verbally communicate. the british didn't lose every time, it was actually the french navy that backed us in the end and allowed us to win. not very fair. (the author is all over the place)

schizophrenia is well documented. "telepathy" isn't a symptom, but with schizophrenia the affected person can easily think they are receiving outside thoughts from others and sending others back. the person in question was never telepathic, they just mis-described their episodes as telepathy.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join