It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jk197x
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

well, if you helped some patients not eat their own feces because that happens to be part of your job, good for you.

but other than that, you are sprouting only the statements that all psychiaterists get from their book..

"take your meds"
"yes, i know about the bad side-effects" - NO YOU DO NOT!
only when you've taken haldol, 5mg/day, for at least 2 months, can you say you know.

and really, the "bad sideeffects" are so bad that it's MUCH better to go without meds.

and noticeably you avoid the issue i raised about the complete betrayal and robbing of human rights of patients by the psychiateric establishment.

and BTW, it's not "religious", it's "spritiual".
"religion" is accepting the beliefs of others without proof.
"spiritual" is keeping an open mind. something that you like many other qualities you claim you have, but in reality haven't got at all.

you are a narrowminded person, easily scared by the unknown.
so you want to block out what does not fit your narrow picture of reality.
and you'll attack anyone who is confused by the things that are not yet taken apart by human science.

you say you didn't hurt anyone, i will say that the system you are part of, and refuse to change, is hurting people. therefore YOU have hurt people, and have made money off doing so.

the life you drive your patients into is enough to qualify as SIGNIFICANT hurt.

so know this: i wish you to a hell of the same intensity and duration as you helped your patients experience on earth.

You have done such a fine job of displaying a behavior that kind of supports my point.

The patients right to not take medication is over ridden by societies right to not have to deal with them being a royal pain in the butt, destroying property and going on verbally assaultive tirades supported by flimsy logic mixed with a healthy dose of vindictive logic.

I will go ahead and rot in hell. If that will make you happy, just believe that is what i am doing. The venomous poison should be quite a nice fertilizer for your dementia.

If anyone wants to know the horrible side effects of Haldol, see Tardi ve Dyskinesia. Yes, it is hardcore, unfortunate, and irreversable. With proper med compliance, there are meds that counteract and prevent it largely, but it will happen and is permanent. You have to change to a different medication.

There are newer meds, but they are very expensive and lose effectiveness once you stop taking them. So they are not an option for most patients, where med compliance is horrible. These meds are not as bad as haldol or thorazine.

But when contrasted with having the public tolerate the antics of someone who is insane and threatening to harm themselves and others with their erratic behavior, there is not another option.

If the OP has a theory that he can work on and present that improves treatment, then he should do so. But telling people who are insane that they should stop taking their meds, if listened to, would cause people to die.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Vanitas

It is an all encompassing intelligence, emotional, observational..his senses are accute which ads to the acumulated knowledge. How many people can discribe the energy that trees give off, or the path that a lightning strike will take just before it strikes. Every day I look at the power our brains are capable of. It is the ill judgements of the world that hold back these minds.

Thats exactly in a sense of what it is, its seeing beyond the normal perception of mankind. PURE ENERGY STATE, the state in which you arrive in yourself and outside at one sigularity of the moment. Your awareness shifts into other things besides yourself.

Yes. Very well put. Though the singularity is Consciousness, there is only one here. However, each vibrates in their own unique energy frequency and can be recognized, both in the one, and the individual,ie. person, or species, form and source.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
reply to post by dgtempe

I think coincidences are more like "co-incidents." In this case a message sent and received. That is a good example of every-day telepathy. These kinds of things happen all the time. It goes on unacknowledged. Like another poster here, I used to call these experiences "vibes" but if you look a little deeper there is more going on.

Like a conversation there is sending and recieving, but the experience is being one, in a shared space. When I reached into two timelines, I was into waves of energy, a field, also with remote sensing. But in telepathy, its like being one in consciousness, and the light within recognizes the light within them. Hard to explain. Though on the sending/receiving I am more of a receiver, with pinging possibly only occurring on my own.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by telepath

Uh, no. Second line.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thx for interesting thread. You mentioned that perhaps the military has electromagnetic 'tools'.

They do. Many military factions are today playing with their toys. I specialize in allowing them to try out their palettes on my mind when I am stationary enough for them to bore through the house and into my mind. Then I get nice cause and effect results which do nothing but make me glad to see where they cannot go.

What the israeli controlled US sector has lately is a sort of virtual 'american idol/humiliation' scenario. I have found that it is as crude and tasteless as the slobbering, monstrous, materialistic APES in the 96% jew owned media which now run our flesh, blood and souls. Forgive me for being blunt, but they have some serious problems to own up to. My life was kidnapped over 17 years ago with a forced eeg
capture, and some sort of juju antenna which was fed in to my flesh through tiny glass syringes spinning long strands. Said strands were visible upon the many hours per day removing what I thought was metal shavings, from a metal working career. They were not. I could pull out a couple hundred glass bits, cylindral, hollow, per juju. The strands were at times over 8 inches long, so fine that only by blood clinging to them were they even visible. In short, this little game makes rape look like mere foreplay. I pray their souls are put in hell Al Gore style in full view of everyone. I am filled only with wrath, and do concentrate only on putting things right. I wish you could understand this scenario, and it helps if you just realize that man is evil, beyond measure. I have watched people sit back and laugh, making suggestions on which stocks to buy, based in opposition to my hatred of the suspect corporations.

I'll stop now, no need to cloud your intentions with my story of rage. I'm just sayin'...there's some bad news on the horizon, because divine judgment is certain.

Have a look at last weeks CNN emergency throwdown featuring a simulated cyber attack. Death head chernoff is bringing us a smart grid, net registration/censorship, and civilian military in one package. The 'smart grid' will make escape all but impossible. If anyone can look at these heads and not be offended beyond speech, they ought to just check out now.

Chile 12.34:18 8.8
[edit on 27-2-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

>"the patients right to not take medication is over ridden by societies right to not have to deal with them being a royal pain in the butt, destroying property and going on verbally assaultive tirades supported by flimsy logic mixed with a healthy dose of vindictive logic."

that is sooo typical of the psychiateric establishment;

exaggeration upon exaggeration upon falsehood, to support your paranoid and oppressive thinking.

it's the core reason i wish you to hell. and i'm probably not the only patient that does so.

"newer meds are better" - not by a long shot. that's another one of those illusions you tell yourself in order to feel justified to "treat" patients the way you do.
it's a repetition from the same pattern of promising that "our latest treatments do help the patient" every 20 to 40 years by psychiatery, since the 1700s/1800s when they still literally drowned their patients (to death, or not, if the patient was lucky) as "medical treatment".

evidence:
www.youtube.com...

and, to get to the point: today, it's the lockup without psychology, the forced taking of horrible pills, and the expulsion out of society by the uselessness of your "treatment", that is the root of the problem.
the psychiateric establishment wants to "do their job" by only forcing depressants + muscle relaxants onto patients, which you dub "medicines", instead of taking the time to provide proper psychological help (also in clinical situations).
it's the very definition of being a quack.

So take that superior attitude of yours and move to a DSM forum, where you'll be talking to likeminded peers.
Every time you post here about the "virtues" of classical psychiatery you'll find me calling you a fool (and worse, with good motivations).

[edit on 27-2-2010 by jk197x]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

My opinion is that being officially diagnosed as Schizophrenic is official recognition of my clarevoyant abilities. Certification that I am a telepathic endowed with potential for potent psychic ability.
The voices are the begining of something that will either destroy one in hell or lift one into heaven. To the ignorant it is insanity. However to those who who have the knowledge it is called the Divine Wind. You should try to communicate with the voices. Respond like as you would if some one was calling you by radio or telephone. Thus the voices are calling to you across the universe.

I have schizo-effective disorder,my disorders has varied since 1999 but since then I didnt think I had a 'disorder' but a special gift and never let the 'bad' voices get to me instead I communicated with them and over time either the bad ones gave up being bad and became my good ones or they just went away allowing good ones to come to me.
I very much believe what you said about they will either destroy you in Hell or lift you in Heaven, but then if one believes they have a 'mental illness' then they wouldnt see it as something spiritual and talk to their voices.
Since the beginning I have been communicating with whoever it is in my mind,maybe few maybe 1 maybe higher beings maybe who knows,I have believed for a few years that Ive been communicating with an alien but I dont try to get messages from him (I named him George) I just talk as does he.
In 2007 I was in hosptial and was talking with George and I cant remember if he told me to look up and stare or I did it on my own back but I did and after a few minutes I saw a bunch of stars that just moved very slowly,after that I laughed at George and said ' ahh so you have stars as a cloak,,clever,,and just carried on talking to him while going back inside.
In 2009 I was there again and did the same thing,looked up,after few mins saw a triangle but just the points were bright and moved very slowly,,it was this year that I began talking in a difference language,,no language anyone heard of,,I was fluently talking and answering back to what they was saying in my mind,at times I found it hard to get back talking english,,,I still find myself now at times talking this language.

I noway believe what Ive just told you that Im crazy,,but everyone has an opinion but no-one has the right to say this isnt true,,its true to me,,everyone creates their own reality I think and so you believe whatever you create.

Also CAELENIUM I enjoyed them videos and the mirror thing looks interesting,I have done something similar before but not as intense as the 7 hours,,loved the shinto shrines to,,beauitful

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I have the condition and it's both i think.... schizophrenia & telepathy... some people are diagnosed as schizophrenic butit could turn out that they are telepathic but still end up in a mental institute because nobody will believe that they can read peoples minds... i don't think it's right to just dismiss it as Telepathy...

I have been in a hospital before and i was in a bad state but i came out of it.... some "schizophrenics" don't seek help before its too late so end up worse than others.... very schizophrenic in other words.... but yeh i believe it's both...

What you need to do is put a "schizophrenic" a Doctor and someone who has no illness in the same room for a while and see if the "schizophrenic" can hear the other persons thoughts... although you have to remember that some people can close their minds to intrusion or their minds are just simply not readable or that part of there brain hasn't been unlocked.

BTW i also believe i have other ESP's such as Clairvoyancy, Precognition, Empathy and Divination but thoughts and images are mix and match when they come and i'm no master of any.... i thought about taking some classes to see if i can master any but i dunno... i'm on a different path so to speak

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jk197x

Ok, if you notice i am providing you information to support my assertion. I am giving specific information. I am not just saying that something is evil and then leaving it at that, as you are doing.

your posts are laced with paranoia and untruth. For example, antipsychotics are not muscle relaxers. We are talking about medication that targets either neurochemicals or neuroreceptors. The effects on these can be seen in CAT scans.

Is the current psychological approach correct? Likely not. But its better than ignoring it and calling it "telepathy".

Like i said, you want to know about telepathy, look up Ingo Swanns website (which i linked in my first post to this thread). That is science, performed by respected researchers.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My statements are based on personal experience and the experiences of fellow patients.
I was a strong guy, before haldol. After 3 weeks on haldol, i couldn't even help my neighbours knock old tiles off the wall with a 3 kg hammer anymore for longer than 10 minutes. Thats how weak it made me.

Your statements are based on the standard dogmas of psychiatery, who as i've said claim to "be valid doctors" while in reality being paranoid lying evildoers.
I'm not surprised to see you try your old games of baseless accusations. You psychiaterists would claim the sky is purple if it suited your purposes.

And for the record: there IS NO "current psychological approach" in psychiatery.
Only paranoid and (at least partially but determanitive) false accusations done behind the back of the patient, in order to lock the patient up, and force those horrible "meds" on them.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
[edit on 3-3-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I don't think so, but there is a well known group of people who accuse others of persecuting them that have a high incidence of schizophrenia!

And the doctor who wrote about them was concerned that it was contagious.

And considering how many folks are PC [ a disease of the mind in my opinion ] it seems as tho the doctor was correct, but only by means of peer pressure for spreading the schizo...constant pressure does effect people.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My gut feeling is that schizophrenia, is more than we think generally. It just doesn't make sense sometimes...

But that is just my intuition.. :\

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jk197x

No doctor wants to see their patient "locked-up." First off, it essentially amounts to them admitting failure. Secondly, as bad as it sounds, they won't get your money while you're "locked-up." Also, if you're going to a psychiatrist then yes they're going to prescribe you a pill. That is what their job is. They are trained as an MD and as such are going to treat a disorder from a physical perspective. If you went to your general practitioner with some malady and they didn't prescribe you a medication you'd wonder what you were paying them for. That's what a psychiatrist does. If you want psychological help without meds then you need to see a clinical psychologist. They either have a PhD. or a Psy D. and therefore cannot prescribe medication. However, in many cases a clinical psychologist will not see a patient suffering from schizophrenia if they are not on meds, due to the fact that it becomes completely impossible to connect with them in a meaningful way.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If telepathy is undiagnosed schizophrenia, then my husband and a guy I dated are both not real people merely figments of my demented mind.

I think I'm going to inform my husband of that.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolois
My gut feeling is that schizophrenia, is more than we think generally. It just doesn't make sense sometimes...

But that is just my intuition.. :\

If something doesn't make sense, then you continue to meditate and ponder it until you can find a framwork with which to support it.

consider this: the brain is nothing but a "modem" (to use an analogy). The real intelligence is elsewhere, say you soul or spirit if that helps. But the intelligence is not contained in the brain.

The personality results from a combination of the underlying intelligence (the "soul") and its ability to operate the human organism via the brain. If the brain malfunctions, then the control is severely effected.

However, consder the "wiring" (aka, neural network) and how it is affected by life experience. For example, a young girl who is abused by men as a child is very skiddish of men as an adult. This is due to the "wiring" dictating behavior due to personal experience. The intelligence behind the person may or may not overcome the "wiring" issue, depending on the ability of the "soul" and the deviation from normal in the wiring of the individual mind.

This neural netowrk is chemical in nature, being made up of chemical producers and chemical recievers, combined with electrical receptors. In a schizophrenic, sometimes during late adolescence the neural network begins to malfunction, due to malfunctioning electrochemical receptors. This malfunctioning brain can actually be viewed on a CAT scan. It functions differently. Therefore, the underlying intelligence has a much more challenging experience controlling the body.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I wanted to add, there is evidence that intelligence has little to do with the brain. For examnple individuals who recieve hemispherectomies (removal of half the brain) do not always suffer cognitive issues. One young man in particular was able to complete college coursework and receive a degree after having half his brain remove.

there is motor function loss, but cognitive function remains high enough to graduate from college.

Also, consider that brain size, both in humans and other animals, has nothing to do with intelligence. Intelligence is controlled more by the types of components that make up the brain. For example, higher reasoning is not coming from the brain stem, or more "reptilian" portion of our brains.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

>No doctor wants to see their patient "locked-up."

I've frequently experienced doctors refusing to help a patient until they could find "legal" grounds to lock said patient up. They make up and/or distort reports of events to get that legality.
If they can't find such legal reasons at all, they'll just send you home with a single sleeping pill (yes, kicking you onto the street, with a sleeping pill in your stomach).

I've tried getting help in summer several times. Psychiateric staff just tells you "we're in the holiday period, call back in 3 weeks to see if someone can help you then".

>Secondly, as bad as it sounds, they won't get your money while you're "locked-up."

I've asked around what is paid for me when i'm locked up (always for at least 3 months);
1200 euro / day.

>If you went to your general practitioner with some malady and they didn't prescribe you a medication you'd wonder what you were paying them for. That's what a psychiatrist does.

If i need physiotherapy, i don't need pills eh..
It's the same for "headproblems", imo.

I think many patients could actually be cured of schizophrenia if instead of pills doctors would provide the "clinical psychology" that you speak of.

Psychosis (the supposed dangerous element in schizophrenia) is defined as a "loss of ability to deal with, or focus on reality, resulting in danger to self or others".
I really think many patients would not be such a big problem to society if they had someone to talk to who
a) would indeed try their best not to lock them up, and certainly not with (partial) lies.
b) would try to make sense of their story and offer advice without pushing that advice.
c) would always offer them tips and reasons to put "the real world" at or near the top of their internal priorities list.

A person in a psychosis is often distracted by issues that while alien to others, are still dealt with with logic. Emotions are logically viewed as priorities and motivations
This way of thinking is essential to all humans, even those in psychosis.
Psychosis can be very blurry, and mentally large and connected, and patients often suddenly accept false dogmas without any evidence of their validity as basis for scarier &/ more elaborate delusions, but that can all be conquered by patience from the listener-advisor.

While it's true a raving nut's story doesn't always make sense, that could be because the listener has a lack of (personal) experience with what is talked about (ghosts, telepathic aliens, government mindcontrol programs, etc, etc).
And for a head-doctor, it shouldn't be much of a problem ever. It's part of their job. The proverbial "heat of the kitchen".
They should simply make private notes (that cannot be used as evidence against the patient), and keep offering reasons to, and tips on how stay connected with normal reality.

But it's labor intensive, doing clinical psychology for all patients. I suspect this is the reason it's not being done atm.
A psychiatrist sees a patient max 30 minutes / week, i'm guessing a real head-doctor would take up to 7 hours a week per patient.

>If you want psychological help without meds then you need to see a clinical psychologist.

The funnels of psychiatery point toward lockup and forcing of pills, atm.

>However, in many cases a clinical psychologist will not see a patient suffering from schizophrenia if they are not on meds, due to the fact that it becomes completely impossible to connect with them in a meaningful way.

That is truely due to the impatience of the psychologist then. It may take a few weeks of sessions before a patient trusts the psychologist enough, or has absorbed enough of his arguments, for the treatment to work.
[continued]

[edit on 4-3-2010 by jk197x]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

[continued from last post]

I'm not saying pills should be abandoned for all patients.
There is the 1-5% of patients who do become violent to others without (much) warning or valid reason.
I'll admit that for those patients, forced taking of pills might be necessary for a while.
But psychiatry as it is now, almost never needs real evidence of violent behaviour, to convict someone.
I've frequently had my court-appointed lawyer sneakily turn on me in "court" (on whether i should remain locked up longer).
It's very hard to detect such sneakiness if one's recovering from a psychosis.

To sum it up; of those 1-5% of violent patients, i suspect at least half would be less violent if they had someone with whom to work out their psychoLOGICAL problems.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by jk197x]

[edit on 4-3-2010 by jk197x]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jk197x

if schizophrenics didn't have the habit of leaving dead, mutilated bodies in their wake (because they think aliens are going to kidnap them, or something), there would be little need to lock them up.

but, if you have acute psychosis presented to you, and you know that you could lose your job, life, liberty....would you not make the decision that was safest?

If you don't understand how the chemicals in pills can alter the minds ability to achieve lucidity, then you need to research the neurochemical and electrochemical processes of the human brain. The entire body communicates with itself via chemicals.

The fact that you live in Europe, and not the US, makes your assessment of the work i did at a State of Texas mental hospital meaningless. You have no idea the processes and policies that we practiced under.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join