It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This seems to be what my girlfriend thinks, she is the eternal skeptic--although, she does admit that we made non-verbal contact 800 miles apart once. What do you think? Are telepathic individuals just crazies talking to themselves?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by telepath]

+7 more 
posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

Maybe it's the exact opposite.

Maybe diagnosed schizophrenia is really some sort of uncontrolled telepathy. Who's to say the voices in a person's head aren't real, or that it's an illness?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If it isn't, give it time...

After all, "schizophrenia" is just a blanket term for a very nebulous array of discrete "symptoms" in people whose experience of "reality" may be different to what is described or implied as "normal", and who are uninhibited enough not to hide it.
(It must be them frontal lobes again...!
)

Needless to say, many of the cases diagnosed as s. are, in fact, mental diseases.

What I am concerned about - and history seems to be giving me right - is the fascist use of the term as a label for anything that escapes the prescribed framework of "normal".

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What do you think? Are telepathic individuals just crazies talking to themselves?

And simultaneously with others, far away, to boot!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Had one cow call me an a$$hole once, and others cows agree with him, how I knew was, they were looking dead at me, and awareness helps.

Was having an off day. So the Cow thought.

I should of asked him what they call you guys with no legs, ground beef.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I don't put any stock into the idea that schizophrenia=telepathy. Though what if there were actually demons bothering the schizophrenic? Demons bothering them? Meh, i dunno. To me, that's more legitimate a theory (as out-there as it is, possibly even offensive) but to be it's as legitimate as skitzo-ness being the cause of telepathy. Unless the girlfriend mentioned wants to admit to being schizophrenic.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Had one cow call me an a$$hole once, and others cows agree with him, how I knew was, they were looking dead at me, and awareness helps.

I am sorry for this non-verbal one-liner below, but I just can't help it...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ah! Excellent point vanitas... thanks. I agree. The mental health system is beyond flawed at this point, it is broken. It seems that these days we are overrun by people who interpret reality in "soundbyte" chunks. They have somehow lost their ability to think critically. I don't know why this is (fluoridation???)... and could be the subject of a new thread.

I tend to agree with Dr. John Breeding author of such books as Necessary Madness and The Wildest Colts make the Best Horses. Although he is somewhat anti-psych, and quoted by followers of Elron Hubbard, he is not as far as I know one of them. Check him out on youtube.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

There is no one definition of schizophrenia - that's just the problem.
(Or is it?)

It's just an erudite and conveniently short word for "I have no idea what this guy is ranting about, but I've never experienced anything like it, so it can't be true. (And my aunt who lives in New Caledonia agrees with me.)".

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I am sorry for this non-verbal one-liner below, but I just can't help it...

Just so I am clear serious as a -heart attack- those cows didn't know I could hear them or did they, the scary thing was how human they were acting. But I assure you this is no alien encounter, just an encounter with beef.

There mannerisms matched ours identically with the eye's rolling and head jestures, pissed me off to no end, really.

Now I can laugh at it, but then it was a travesty.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

They have somehow lost their ability to think critically. I don't know why this is (fluoridation???)

Let me venture another hypothesis: because it is more comfortable and it certainly pays more to provide ever fresh fodder of "symptoms" for the hand that feeds you, so it can go on developing ever new prescription-only "treatments"...? :-)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Just so I am clear serious as a -heart attack

So am I.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Vanitas,

I don't know what you're getting at. Please clarify.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Just so I am clear serious as a -heart attack

So am I.

I know that's the IRONY IN IT.
I take others have had my little experiences.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I assume you mean the one about "the hand that feeds" you?
No wonder you don't understand it!

I read your post with one contact lens only (why do you think it took me three posts to reply? :-), so I overlooked a vital part of what you said: I thought you were referring to the medical practitioners.
And the "hand" that "feeds them" is the pharmaceutical industry, of course.

Sorry about that!

P.S. I am no conspiracy theorist, by the way. :-)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No its not a job to help people, its a job to serve people.

Thanks for kidding, Yes child prodigy, no to mathematical wiz.

But I do have the eye of knowing. Which is really the inner hearing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It is being suggested that schizophrenia is a step in the evolution of the brain. I have a close family member who has this diagnosis. It was decided that it would not be treated with the usual therapy and dumbing down drugs. He is telepathic and exhibits empathic abilities. He is also the most intelligent person I know and it has been documented that he can see energy. I leave a link with further information on the study. www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

It is being suggested that schizophrenia is a step in the evolution of the brain. I have a close family member who has this diagnosis. It was decided that it would not be treated with the usual therapy and dumbing down drugs. He is telepathic and exhibits empathic abilities. He is also the most intelligent person I know and it has been documented that he can see energy. I leave a link with further information on the study. www.news.com.au...

Question, does he find it hard to be gathered at large events with a lot of people, I find it like a shrink in an insane assylume, its too much at times.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It is a corrupt system. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I am no conspiracy theorist either. Fluoridation s a conspiracy, not a theory.

BTW. Yes, I get the IRONY MG. I just wish it came in complete, unambiguous sentences so I wouldn't have to fill in the blanks.. more irony. Sheesh.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
reply to post by Vanitas

It is a corrupt system. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I am no conspiracy theorist either. Fluoridation s a conspiracy, not a theory.

BTW. Yes, I get the IRONY MG. I just wish it came in complete, unambiguous sentences so I wouldn't have to fill in the blanks.. more irony. Sheesh.

Thats the fun part of the ability to fill in the blanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join