It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Abuse of Children by Aid Workers Widespread in War Zones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sex Abuse of Children by Aid Workers Widespread in War Zones

www.foxnews.com

ave the Children UK says in a report released Tuesday that it has uncovered evidence of widespread sexual abuse of children at the hands of peacekeepers and international aid workers in war zones and disaster areas.

The report said more than half the children interviewed knew of cases of coerced sex and improper sexual touching and that in many instances children knew of 10 or more such incidents carried out by aid workers or peacekeepers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me. Peoples sexual desires cannot stay at home. Little children at that, how can one go to sleep at night.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This story was broadcast on BBC news tonight. They were interviewing a poor little thirteen old girl. She'd been raped by ten Pakistani Aid workers, another little boy from the village had witnessed the brutal rape. He'd gone back to the village and reported the attack to the village elders. They in turn then reported the rape to the relevant people.

"They grabbed me and threw me to the ground and they forced themselves on me... I tried to escape but there were 10 of them and I could do nothing," she said.

No action has been taken against the soldiers.

A UN spokesman, Nick Birnback, said that it was impossible to ensure "zero incidents" within an organisation that has up to 200,000 personnel serving around the world.

Disgusting.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27uTuesday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this is sick. how can this happen and how can someone who dedicates their lives to helping people do that at the same time. thats why there is no god

new topics

top topics

join