It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection vs. Clairvoyance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For clarity (and brevity!), spiritual topics should be addressed separately when talking about topics such as, telepathy, clairvoyance and other manifestations of the mind.

When one continues to add variables to the equation, the question becomes unclear and answers remain lost.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

I came into your thread thinking you would have an argument as to why astral projection is a joke, but found none. Your thread has nothing to do with the subject. Bad thread.

Anyways. you can't say something is a joke because you haven't experienced it. Maybe you should open your mind more, but I can't do that for you. Only you can.

I guess it would make it easier if you clarified what you consider as a spiritual topic and what you consider as a manifestaton of the mind. Because everything is a manifestation of the mind.
What is a spiritual topic to you?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I have to agree with Mad_Hatter. I don't get the meaning of the thread, it doesn't fit the title.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Okay. I changed the topic. I didn't mean to mislead, just cultivate interest. I think Astral Projection has it's place in it's own thread, not within threads on telepathy or OBE.

Astral Projection assumes the existence of the "Astral Plane."

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

Okay now I understand. I agree, there are different things.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Astral Projection is an out of body experiance(OBE). I don't get what you mean when you say it should be seperate from OBE. Telepathy could also be considered a form of OBE aswell couldn't it, projecting your thoughts to someone elses in a way.
I think they fall into the same catagories, tell me if i've missed the point of your thread and please elaborate what you mean here.

I have experianced OBE in a small way so I know it can be done, i'm justr having a hard time getting back there again.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Astral Projection is OBE but OBE is not necessarily Astral Projection.

See my last post please. Astral Projection assumes an "Astral" plane of existence, exists. Not everyone who believes in OBE or telepathy believes that. I'd say a small minority.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
OK I see what your saying now, Yeah I cannot confirm the existance of the astral plane but alot of others would say it's there.
So are you asking for some proof of it or just saying it doesn't exist?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I used to have several sleep paralysis episodes. My very first experience with it happened about 5 years ago. I had awoken only to realize I could not move....it was kind of hard to breath as well. I was on my side and it felt as if a massive gust of wind was blowing into my ear. I could hear it, feel it and everything. This went on for about 2 minutes when eventually I took control of it and jumped up, screaming and gasping for air. For a week or so after that I was very convinced I had been posessed and was very frightened. lol
Then I started doing research on it via the interweb and discovered it was only a condition sleep paralysis and that I had nothing to worry about. About a week or so later it happened again. I had passed out on the couch and woke up around 3 in the morning only to discover I could not move again. This time I just went with, seeing where it would go. I started to feel very light and heard that gust of wind again. My eyes were closed but I could see everything around me in my living room perfectly. Suddenly the room started spinning faster, and faster and soon it felt as if I were floating. I left my body and could see myself sleeping in 3rd person. There was a strange cord connecting my physical body to my astral body, which I eventually learned all about. The whole experience only lasted a few seconds. I snapped back into my physical body, very flabbergasted by the whole experience. Ever since then all I do when I am online is research astral projection and learn more and more about it every day. I used to have many experiences with sleep paralysis but ever since I started reading up on it and lucid dreaming and such, it seems to happen less and less.
:[
I find this very annoying, now that I have really gotten into it and all.
And the more and more I practice meditation the less and less vivid my experiences are.
It's SO LAME!
LOL
Just thought I'd share all that.

new topics

top topics

join