It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb found in city centre store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Bomb found in city centre store

news.bbc.co.uk

A bomb left at a shop in Belfast city centre partially exploded during the night, police have said.

Army bomb experts were sent to JJB Sports on Royal Avenue on Tuesday morning after the device was discovered.

Chief Inspector Trevor O'Neill said it was still too early to say who was behind the attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Another bomb attack in Northern Ireland, last week a device was discovered in McDonald's and a officer was recently injured in a car bomb attack.

Only positive note is this bomb and the one in McDonald's failed to go off properly.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Looks like somebody has a grudge against McDonalds. I be pissed too based on their quality of fast food. Bomb em all!!!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd say it's just dissident republicans, seeing as none of the bombs went off properly. This is all happening when, in Dublin, members of the r.i.r.a are in court over the Omagh bomb. Perhaps it's just a coincidence? But I would like to say if this was just a partially exploded or unexploded device there was an awful lot of police outside the building today as I passed, I saw 3 police cars and one or two unmarked cars and a lot of officers guarding the outside. Even for our standards that seemed a bit much for one incendery device.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm doing an exam question on the troubles in Northern Ireland tommorow, i could use this to show they are not yet over
. I don't think the troubles will ever really be over until there is a referendum on whether they want to stay in the UK or not...and even then there will still be some hardliners on the Unionist and Nationilist side who would not accept the decision.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Operation Gladio.... need anyone say more...

top topics

join