It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Investigating after pilot claims 'rocket' shot past plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

FAA Investigating after pilot claims 'rocket' shot past plane

www.foxnews.com

HOUSTON —  Federal officials said they are investigating a report from a Continental Airlines pilot who told air-traffic controllers he was startled to see what looked like a model rocket with a flaming tail shoot past his cockpit window shortly after takeoff.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is a couple of things that surprised me about this report.

How come that when a pilot reports the sighting of a small rocket going near his plane is taken all seriously? But if they report a UFO then they must be crazy or all of the sudden they could not properly identified what was what they was seeing? I mean it seems to me that trying to ID a small model rocket would be harder than some of the UFO reports that has been reported by many pilots around the world over the years.

Second, who is in charge of watching our skies? It seems to me that if this can be done without leaving a trace, we are showing some serious vulnerabilities when it comes to protecting our skies.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Bunch]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think because the pilot already gave them an "out", so to speak. By saying it looked like a rocket, you have a lot more terrestrial and therefore man made explanations. Hence, the "model" rocket that flew too high.

If he said "saucer shaped", "triangular shaped", it would be harder to explain.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's incredible to me that model rocketeers have gotten their craft as high as 40,000 feet before. Commercially made small rockets I fired as a kid only made a few hundred feet at best.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
thats some model rocket.if model's rocket can fly that high wouldn't the people who launched it have to take into account plane flight paths ect.....?

new topics

top topics

join