It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Illuminati Style Eye Symbols in Subway Station beneath former World Trade Center

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This is in the subway stop formerly named "World Trade Center."
It still connects directly to the site, but the part of the station closer has been re-built.
A viewing platform has been set up in the closer area to view the "Big Lie Hole."
It appears that the mosaic below was not destroyed or damaged and it dates from before the attack.

All over the walls there, single Eyes peer out at you.
The mosaic below is an example.

Every subway station, or most in Manhattan, have a theme. The theme under the former Trade Towers are these Illuminati-style eyes.

These particular mosaics were recovered and remounted back into the walls,
since they were also the symbols of that subway station before the attacks of September 11, 2001.

This Artwork is built into the floor. It is surrounded by a guard rail so you can't walk onto it. It shows a map of the globe with an all-seeing eye at the center. Someone walked on it to get this picture.

www.blockbush.org...

Think/post what you want, I thought they were interesting pictures.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think its just coincidence, throughtout history the eye has been a symbol of intelligence and power, so I think its just coincidence that its there.
And of course there will be some kind of station for a place as big as the WTC.

My two pennies

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BBTBE

Wow, that is creepy. EVERYTHING happens for a reason though, and this isn't throughout history because it is possible to find out who did it and why. We are not talking about a nice artwork of some flowers here!. It is just like you said "it's a sign of intelligence and power". Power over who?, and intelligence is highly subjective. My guess is this is a Rosicrucian type symbol in meaning and dating back to the Egyptian pyramids type of teachings. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i can't decide if it really is just a coincidence or if it was put there on purpose.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's called 'Oculus', by Kristin Jones and Andrew Ginzel, in collaboration with mosaicist Rinaldo Piras.

(Click for complete image)

There's a web site with more pictures:

Kristin Jones - Andrew Ginzel - Oculus

Oculus is a constellation of stone and glass mosaics in the underground labyrinth of interconnected subway stations of lower Manhattan. Over three hundred mosaic eyes, drawn from a photographic study of more than twelve hundred young New Yorkers, are set into the white tile walls of the World Trade Center/Park Place/Chamber Street Stations. The work’s centerpiece is a large exquisitely detailed, elliptical glass and stone mosaic floor (38’8” x 20’8”) at the heart of the Park Place Station. The continents of the earth, interwoven with the City of New York amidst an ultramarine pool, surround a large eye in the middle of the mosaic. The mosaic is at once a vision of the world, a reflecting pool of water and a representation New York City in its proper geographical orientation.

The work’s detailed renderings of the eye – the most telling, fragile and vulnerable human feature – offer a profound sense of intimacy within a public place. Together, the images create a sense of unity and flow: animating, orienting and humanizing the station. Oculus invites a dialogue between the site and those who move through it.

Good artwork, but kind of creepy.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Looks like your typical eye of Ra with your planetary orbits around it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Good artwork, but kind of creepy.

Let me respond to myself and retract that "good artwork" opinion. It's "good artwork" only in the sense that anything that creates controversy and makes people think is good artwork -- which I don't think I really agree with, that's more 'shock' art. I'll now label it "good craftsmanship, bad artwork". Look at this statement from the authors:

Together, the images create a sense of unity and flow: animating, orienting and humanizing the station. Oculus invites a dialogue between the site and those who move through it.

That is so bogusly wrong. "Invites a dialog"?? The exact opposite! A hundred larger-than-life eyes starting at you as you walk does not "invite a dialog"! It's creepy and intimidating! Sure, some of the pieces might express a certain emotion, but where's the dialog there? Unmoving, unblinking, made from fragments of broken stone -- that's not "humanizing" at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oculus, Satan’s Eye Buried in the NYC Subway… Under Ground Zero:

salvationrevelation.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
anyone who lives in NYC ..
someone should take a FULL extremely high res image of the entire image on the floor there..
and see if any of the mosaic interruptions in the ring formations make up any type of binary code akin to that which would be burned into a CD or DVD.

many of you may chuckle at the idea.
someone may find it interesting to do, and just actually find something.

same type of idea that was done here..

just sayin...
might be worthwhile..
at least attempt to count a few of the dots/bits in consecutive order in the images presented here in these images on this thread, then see if there are any cohesive lettering in any languages.

also..

what the hell is up with the different topology.. new continents/land masses?
is that a foreboding forecast of what the world should look like after a massive global flood / tribulation?

things that make you go hmmmm
(things that make you go hmmm hmm hmmm...)

-

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
you really think the aliens are gonna leave us a message in ASCII ?! Thats ridiculous. If they were gonna encode a message, in the english language.....id assume they'd use our alphabet, and not a binary representation of our ascii alphabet.

IMHO the alien face crop cirle is the most obvious human made crop "circle" ever. The mere fact that humans can make such crop circles leaves me with no doubt that most if not all crop circles are human made.

Oh yeah, and the full "translation" is:

Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. (Damaged Word). There is GOOD out there.We OPpose DECEPTION. Conduit CLOSING (BELL SOUND)".

hahahhaha

[edit on 1-6-2008 by The Dispatcherator]

[edit on 1-6-2008 by The Dispatcherator]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Very kewl artwork, I get the symbolism for the New Yorkers, I think anything more than that which it was said to be intended would be a stretch. But I did enjoy the laugh I got when reading the article about it being Satan's eye!

I think it is harmless art. That's all.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dispatcherator

IMHO the alien face crop cirle is the most obvious human made crop "circle" ever. The mere fact that humans can make such crop circles leaves me with no doubt that most if not all crop circles are human made.

could you please find me absolute documented proof that something as complex as the alien face crop glyph can be made by humans in under 12 hours?
Because I don't know if it is humans or aliens or humans pretending to be aliens that did it.
Either way.. it spells out a message using binary.
hop to it and go do that for me now please.
Thanks.

k so anyway.. yeah i think someone should look into the dots and dashes in the rings in the circle... and see if ..when translated from binary.. if they form words.

-

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
inspecting a picture from that eye i came to a conclusion that there is a binary code to be seen in the iris of that eye... (the black area most definitely).

i have not got sharp enough image yet to decipher the binary but as soon as i have it i shall post if there is a logical message or is it just a random blob.

until then...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBTBE
I think its just coincidence, throughtout history the eye has been a symbol of intelligence and power, so I think its just coincidence that its there.
And of course there will be some kind of station for a place as big as the WTC.

My two pennies

i agree...sometimes an eye is just an eye, if it had been a foot, someone might have said that this is where someone got stepped on. the human mind can percieve anything to be symbolic in some way.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The only alien threat is the Illuminati.

Their art and everything they touch is creepy.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Speaks volumes. Terrific art, literally. Terrifying implications.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is a ltitle off topic but since it is in a discussion about the TWIN Towers I think it is as good a place as any.. but I have always wondered what the significance to the Illuminati is with twins. Joseph Mengele was also preoccupied with producing twins. I have read about the Illuminati informant Svaldi talking aobut twins too.

Does this also have something to do with the number 11? September 11th? Maybe the 2012 prophecy is also about the 11 not the 12... I believe the US government is also rumored to have instigated a coup to take control of the Panama Canal on Sept 11th too.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
it didnt worked here

the images

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Yes, this is an old thread, here's a more recent image link:
www.nycsubway.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have never heard of this, how come I am finding out about these weird symbols/artwork all these years later. This stuff is creepy!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join