It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tree Morphed into Gravestone(s?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My wife told me about this sometime ago, I finally got out there to see it yesterday....

I'm thinking this is actually two plots versus one. However details are difficult to tell as you can see. The gravemarkers look to be in pretty good condition (with the exception of the overgrowth) as compared to the ones that have been there obviously longer. I'm wondering what the root system might've done to the caskets ?!?!

Otherwise..I thought it looked pretty cool and thought I'd share 'em.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi spikedmilk. Well, that's strange. So did the tree's root system grow up and over the gravemarkers? Where is this?

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is strange.....its in the St Adalberts Cemetary (it might be called Holy Trinity now
) in Milwaukee, WI.
It looks like the root system is just breaching the surface and growing over the stones....

[edit on 27-5-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That looks like a huge tree, but the marker doesn't look that old. So there is no info. regarding who the grave belongs to?

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
none at all... and you are right. That stone is very good looking for the size of that tree. There are very old graves in the cemetary that go at least to the early half of the century and those markers are falling apart and chipping/fading...even the grounds they are on - some of them aren't "kept" as well as this side. However this is right by the street. But still that tree is pretty large.....

But that portion of name you see on the corner, thats all the info thats available.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
From the looks of it the root system has probably completely destroyed the caskets as well. I am sure that the gravestones are virtually unharmed because they are probably grannate. But the coffins themselves being wood would be completely trashed by now. The remeins in the caskets are more than likely part of the tree.

It's a great picture. and kinda a testement to nature.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

thank you
and very well put. I took b/w's too.... everybody appreciates black and white photos (right? lol)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The remeins in the caskets are more than likely part of the tree.

Now that's something to think about. "A testament to nature", well said whatukno.

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry if this is tacky.
But I guess there is life after death, Undeniable proof. In a very different way than most people think.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

From the looks of it the root system has probably completely destroyed the caskets as well. I am sure that the gravestones are virtually unharmed because they are probably grannate. But the coffins themselves being wood would be completely trashed by now. The remeins in the caskets are more than likely part of the tree.

One thing to note is that the caskets themselves are surrounded by a burial vault. A typical burial vault is roughly 3 inches thick and is made out of concrete with steel wire and rebar reinforcement. That may have also helped the caskets. Looks to me like the tree grew between 2 headstones and enveloped both of them. I'm thinking this because of the markings on the front. Normally the markings (in this case the flowers on the front) of the gravestone would be symetrical. I could be mistaken but just my 2 cents worth. Oh as far as my knowlege concerning burial vaults? Well.... I used to make them. (chuckle)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I agree that it looks like 2 different headstones. The length is what got me first, but the point about the visible edges not being symmetrical is also a good point.

Maybe they were husband and wife, and are now joined as one forever

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98
reply to post by Deson

I agree that it looks like 2 different headstones. The length is what got me first, but the point about the visible edges not being symmetrical is also a good point.

Maybe they were husband and wife, and are now joined as one forever

I think you've hit the nail right on the head there. If 2 headstones with a matched styles up front then yep. I could see a younger person (child perhaps?) of the two planting a small tree between the 2 headstones. Rather symbolic.

Could the OP check it out by talking to the caretakers about this? I'm rather curious about it.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson........
Could the OP check it out by talking to the caretakers about this? I'm rather curious about it.

one of my intentions in the next couple weeks
(maybe even this weekend -we'll see). when I was there the other day I didnt see the groundskeeper otherwise I'd have asked then. But I am curious.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A couple of possible sources to keep in mind. I know that some of the larger cemetarys have seperate groundskeeper offices on the grounds. Another possibility check wiht some of the funeral homes in that area. I imagine that they've had people asking about it in the past.

Good hunting!!

Edited for spelling oops

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
**update** kinda.....

alrighty, cuz I got a full weekend coming up (ZOMBIE WALK - YES!!! plus a few other things) I wont be able to make it to the cemetary BUT
I did call them and inquire about the plot.

Oddly enough, the caretaker I talked too was unfamiliar with the history/age of the plot but he is going to look into it (if he took me seriously- I hope) and I will be getting back in touch with him for the scoop.

spikeD.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi, alligator! Thanks for posting these images, they are great! I also want my gravestone to be embedded in a big old tree when I die!

And by the way, so YOU are an alligator, eh?

No, THIS is an alligator. On the MOON!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Whats up Ziggy!
It certainly looks like an alligator doesn't it? Kinda reminds me of those crappy polo shirts my mom made me wear to grade school with the alligator on the chest
........... i hated those shirts
lol

If it weren't for the spark plug shapes , I'd say something other than natural was involved here. (my opinion)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...back on topic

now here we have nature at its finest. Isnt this something else?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
**update** kinda.....

alrighty, cuz I got a full weekend coming up (ZOMBIE WALK - YES!!! plus a few other things) I wont be able to make it to the cemetary BUT
I did call them and inquire about the plot.

Oddly enough, the caretaker I talked too was unfamiliar with the history/age of the plot but he is going to look into it (if he took me seriously- I hope) and I will be getting back in touch with him for the scoop.

spikeD.

I can hardly wait for the results. It should prove interesting to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join