It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real life magic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

If you really are interested in understanding what you claimed, may I ask how you got independently-verified evidence to support your claims?

Because if you didn't, that's not evidence in the slightest, just more baseless assumptions.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, I beleive in magic. It obviously must be real, because, as i said earlier, if there's no such thing as magic then where does the idea of magic come from?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hehe got you there, someone try and answer that one...

link   

link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

If you really are interested in understanding what you claimed, may I ask how you got independently-verified evidence to support your claims?

Because if you didn't, that's not evidence in the slightest, just more baseless assumptions.

Did I say that I got independently verified evidence? I don't need it, it is a knowing in the heart. Your heart must be open, Dave.

I am not posting on this thread to seek out Randi's 1mil because I am proving something. Magical notions are not to be proved my friend, but experienced. Unless once again you are an initiate in a mystery school, which I haven't claimed to be, and if so it sure wouldn't be available for public consumption to "prove" anything to the skeptics.

Skeptic your life away. It is your choice. Believe in Magic, that is my choice.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Removing my post for purely personal reasons.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
Well, I beleive in magic. It obviously must be real, because, as i said earlier, if there's no such thing as magic then where does the idea of magic come from?

Sshh! Make sure dave420 doesn't hear you!

I agree with you and what is needed is a serious scientific investigation into peoples experience with magic and their claims.

In order to determine if the concept of magic merits time and money as part of a serious investigation it's a good idea to get specific accounts from as many different sources as possible.

Does anybody have any specific experience with magic?

What events in your life do you classify as magic?

Do you know others that also have experienced magic?

etc. etc.

I'm really interested in this and eagerly await responses!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dave, Imean this seriously... In a majority of your flat out accusations, you NEVER have anything to back yourself up, EXCEPT RIDICULE OF OTHERS!

I really think you just get off on trying to be "THAT GUY" and getting the attention. It's a powertrip to you. I've seen you derail a couple other threads, much like you are trying to derail this one, and pulling me into it (I'll admit it!).

Lucid Dreaming... you pretty much ruined that thread. You are no different than the guy yelling 'CONSPIRACY!!!" at ANY gathering. Just STFU for awhile and you may learn something. You are such a loudmouth that is ALL YOU HEAR! You argue invalidly, with claims you can't or fail to back up, and all you seem to do is try to get people into fights with you. You get punched in the face much in real life? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't act like this around others... or you just pick your groups because they allow you to spout off irrationally? Or do you even have any friends at all? I'd be inclined to believe that you don't have friends because of the way you act. Now, go away and let us discuss this with the OTHER skeptics who ARE rational.

EDIT: This is my last reply to dave... I'll let his own ramblings and twists speak for themselves. Sorry, everyone for the little blowup there.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So what you claim is meaningless. Knowing in the heart is the biggest slap in the face to reason and logic as you can get. Your perceptions are sooo flawed it's ridiculous. According to your naive, dangerous logic, there's a wall in a bathroom in amsterdam where you can climb into a forest and dance around with gnomes - I know it's true, because that's what I experienced. However, as I'm a logical person, I know it's not what actually happened.

Thanks for showing me the futility of trying to talk to someone who doesn't understand how important logic is to human development.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

It was used as a idea to explain things that were at that time unexplainable.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Removed my post for purely personal reasons.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Says the guy who said quantum mechanics is magic, and failed to produce a single link.

You want me to back up my assertions? No problem! It's all par for the course when having a discussion. Here we go: The Scientific Method.

That page clearly outlines the necessity for adopting it when studying something.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Of coourse it was...

Oh, i see, you mean unexplainable as in why people like you can live without a brain?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Dave, Imean this seriously... In a majority of your flat out accusations, you NEVER have anything to back yourself up, EXCEPT RIDICULE OF OTHERS!

I really think you just get off on trying to be "THAT GUY" and getting the attention. It's a powertrip to you. I've seen you derail a couple other threads, much like you are trying to derail this one, and pulling me into it (I'll admit it!).

Lucid Dreaming... you pretty much ruined that thread. You are no different than the guy yelling 'CONSPIRACY!!!" at ANY gathering. Just STFU for awhile and you may learn something. You are such a loudmouth that is ALL YOU HEAR! You argue invalidly, with claims you can't or fail to back up, and all you seem to do is try to get people into fights with you. You get punched in the face much in real life? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't act like this around others... or you just pick your groups because they allow you to spout off irrationally? Or do you even have any friends at all? I'd be inclined to believe that you don't have friends because of the way you act. Now, go away and let us discuss this with the OTHER skeptics who ARE rational.

EDIT: This is my last reply to dave... I'll let his own ramblings and twists speak for themselves. Sorry, everyone for the little blowup there.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Earthscum]

Well, I can say that your post is a breath of fresh air.

I myself have also stopped replying to Dave420 unless next time he is truly scientifically constructive in the context of what we are currently talk about.

There is nothing wrong in discussing and sharing these matters at all.

Please! more accounts of magic please!

BTW: What is the defintion of magic?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No, but thanks for making me laugh

I'm talking about how when people see something they don't understand, they attribute it to magic, god, aliens, whatever.

Not to mention how easily-confused people can be, which leads to folks labelling stuff as magic. If you read the fist post I made to this thread, you'll see a great quote that describes this perfectly.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Jinni

Jinni, I shall only say this: if you go and read Franz Bardon's works (preferably in the order they were published), you will find out almost everything that there is to know about it.

You shall also find out why is it that a true magician, as I said before, NEVER reveals himself or herself to others (OK, with very few exceptions...
).

Thanks for that Vanitas!

That's a nice useful gem of information you dropped in all this mess going on.

Thanks again. I'll look it up but I'm still not sure what people mean by 'magic'. I think different people have their own view of it.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Jinni]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

There's a lot wrong with discussing it if the discussion is not objective, which so far it has generally not been.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

There are people who call themselves witches and wizards. So far, not a single one has been able to demonstrate their abilities in a controlled environment. Which is weird, as a few organisations out there offer large amounts of money to people who can do just that.

People also call bumble bees, bumble bees and these bees can fly however our science can't explain why they fly but they do, we know they do because we can see and hear them when they go buzzing by. Your argument about science debunking magic does not hold water, because dave science hasn't been able to explain everything yet.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
synchro

The theory is that events (and thoughts) are connected in other ways than causally. "Causally" meaning by the law of cause and effect. In traditional physics all events have a cause, something that made exactly that event happen ("The clockwork universe"). This would mean that if we had all the existing factors, we could calculate exactly what would happen in any given system. For instance, if somebody kicks a ball up in the air, if we know the weight of the ball, the exact angle of impact by the foot, the force with which the foot hit the ball, the shape of the tip of the shoe, the wind velocity and direction (and all factors about the wind currents), and so on... then we could in theory say exactly where the ball would land.

But as quantum physics proved, this causality (and ORDER) only applies on certain levels. (Remember, all laws of physics are simply statistical.) In the microverse, i.e. on a sub-atomic level, all the laws of physics are out the window. Chaos rules. Particles can be on two places at the same time. Particles can travel back in time. Things happen for no reason, i.e. the effect has no cause. The very particles that make up the physical world as we perceive it, do not follow the laws that they create by their "behavior"! One cannot predict where a particle will go next, or even the behavior of an atom. In fact, also outside of the microverse it is now understood that a given cause does not always produce the same effect, although it might SEEM that way in most instances. (Laws of physics are statistical.)

-----

Quantum Magic - Use the Fourth Force to Transform Your Life

-----

Is there a scientific explanation for magick? | Answerbag.com

Magick is the ability to manipulate things, life, objects, light etc., in such a way that science hasn't explained yet but will do in time (telekinesis, empathy, pyrokinesis etc.). There are theories, like telekinesis is caused by the charged matter in our bodies creating a magnetic field that with enough emotion will strengthen it enough to move objects by their magnetic field. Pyrokineis will occur in a very similar way. Everyone has this magnetic field (aura) and the skin on our limbs can detect changes in magnetic fields, if you were standing next to someone and their magnetic field changed due to change in emotion you will detect it (albeit so slightly that it is dismissed usually). As for telepathy, now this is a long stretch, if someone's empathic skills were srtong enough that they cpould get used to what mixture of emotions correlate to what things go through people's minds then possibly make an educated guess, science hasn't quite figured that one out yet

-----

ATS Thread on part of what we call "magic":

How "the law of attraction" works

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join