It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can i Learn how to contact spirits !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was just wandering if someone could help me with something because i was wondering if theyre was some sort of way that i could contact some of my relatives who have sadly passed away recently and i know that theyre are spirits on the other side even though i have never seen one i dont think.

i just want to know if theyre is some sort of way of contacting spirits without the aid of a psychic or a clairevoyant so if theyre is any psychics or any one who has info on the subject can you please help me out Thank You.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I can't help you contact, but I would like to talk you out of it. If it is possible to talk to people who have passed on, why would you want to disturb them? If you believe you can contact them, then you have belief of some afterlife, so why not wait until you "see" them gain? Truth is, you can't trust most people claiming to be clairvoyant or psychic to be telling you the truth- you may get ripped off and that will make your grief that much worse. You should give yourself time to heal and then approach this when you are not grieving and desperate.
edited for spelling

[edit on 27-5-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Nothing has been demonstrated to work, no matter what anyone might tell you. If you can figure it out, though, James Randi will pay you a cool million bucks.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Buy a ouija board from parker brothers, light a white candle and make a circle of salt, sit in the middle of the circle of salt, grab a friend and good luck.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

With the claims made on ATS, I am surprised not one person has passed this challenge.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There are tons of books on how to conjure spirits etc.. My opinion is the enochian skrying tarot is the easiest way that I found. Here is a link if you are interested.

www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why exactly do you want to conjure spirits anyway?

9 times out of 10 if you're just doing it because you want to see if you can, you'll fail.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Suspicious, huh? It's almost as if everyone's confused about what they're doing and haven't actually done anything, or are deceiving people on purpose.

reply to post by trustnobody

Nope. You might think so, but no-one's bothered to actually demonstrate it to anyone. If you can, you'd win James Randi's $1m. To steal a quote from Carl Sagan - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You've made the extraordinary claim, but where's your extraordinary evidence?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Yes, I have to say if the people that say they can do all of the paranormal stuff, please look into the $1 million reward.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Not just if they can do all of the paranormal stuff - just one single thing (remote drawing, psychic abilities, summoning a 18ft basset hound, whatever) would land them the $1m.

This "paranormal studies" board has descended into a joke, where people who want to be in Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The X-Files hang out and pretend to be mystical and magic. It's terrible.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What's your point, 420?

Do you have a problem with the way things are turning out?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I have a problem with the way this board has changed. I used to visit, anonymously, years back, and it was full of critical analysis. People would post up images, and people would dissect them. I didn't see anyone making outrageous claims they couldn't back up. I saw the scientific method applied to every single thread.

Now look what we have. People saying "ooh of course you can talk to the dead, not that I or anyone else has got any evidence for it", and it's accepted, and people build on such claims hoping to uncover some universal truth. It smacks of kids playing GhostBusters, using all the sciency-sounds they can, with self-appointed "experts" on fields devoid of any evidence to actually be an expert on chiming in with their pseudo-sagelike advice, and no-one is calling this bullcrap out.

No-one can learn anything on this board. As long as the scientific method is passed over in order to let people play GhostBuster, that can not change. I'm in massive favour of the admins creating a "Paranormal Stories" board for all this, which is fine for people wishing to collect anecdotes pertaining to the paranormal, but mainly it would allow those on this board (and those who have yet to visit) who actually want to learn something, do so. If this continues, we're going to have a board full of nonsense stories devoid of evidence, being collectively ooh'd-and-aah'd at by a bunch of folks who care not about the scientific method. ATS will become a joke in the eyes of actual paranormal researchers (who respect the scientific method - the only kind).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well, as a member, there's really very little we can do other than make a note of who said "Aaah" and who said "Oooh".

I agree with you to a point - but i also feel like i might have an explanation for why this is occuring.

It's a simple one, too.

You can blame it on MSM - shows like "Most Haunted" have introduced the mainstream to a whole new world of moronic disciplines, i even recall a show about neo-vampires and suchlike.

Let's face it, the mainstream has cashed in on the paranormal.

Now we have to deal with all the crap that everyone else has had to deal with up until now.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I completely agree! Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters are great examples of pseudoscience being rationalised and presented as being OK to the public. It makes my skin crawl.

The only issue is allowing folks to continue spurting their nonsense on this board seriously diminishes any value this resource has for teaching anyone anything.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

People have believed in spirits as far back as human life has been documented. There are thousand of methods that have been used by different cultures to contact spirts. I don't understand how someone can discredit litterally thousands of years of practice, just because science is slow in proving it. I think this way off the topic maybe another discussion should be started.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

I have a problem with the way this board has changed. I used to visit, anonymously, years back, and it was full of critical analysis. People would post up images, and people would dissect them. I didn't see anyone making outrageous claims they couldn't back up. I saw the scientific method applied to every single thread.

He is right on this...

I am and ATS Elder I guess..

You could come here and look for things and would be accurate. Now its just fighting bickering and what not.. nothing is really solved in the end.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

If you hadn't noticed, i actually agreed with him and expanded on the reasons why this event is occuring.

What you've gone and done is proclaim that somehow i was disagreeing with him, when i wasn't.

Not a very nice thing to do.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No I was agreeing with what you said.. If you want me to add my 2 cents in I will..

You can contact dead people easily.. 1st you can use the all famous ouija board if you would like..

The 2nd way is to try learning meditation and astral projection.. It sounds easy but is very hard to accomplish..

Then there is what Edgar Cacye stated that everyone can do what he does just by following a diet of food and learn self hypnosis..

Altho I have been fascinated with death, I have worked with astral projection and I can tell you its hard to do.. in 3 yrs i have only done it 1 time and it was on accident... and lasted a few seconds.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Well the difficulty of astral projection actually depends on the person and their level of cencentration they must use.
I have a few friends who say that it comes easy to them whereas me and Thickhead have a hard time diong this.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, I don't want to argue the itegrity of research invseted in some of the, very, ridiculous claims made on this site.

So, to not condradict myself at this point by launching in to a two page rambling, if you really want to try this stuff, I don't fully believe in it myself, but just get a ouija board and try that. You can buy them almost anywhere. Wal Mart, not very mystical.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join