It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parting of the Red Sea- possible if not probable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I did a search, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

Clicky

Feb. 2, 2004 � The parting of the Red Sea and the subsequent escape of thousands of Jewish slaves, which is described in the Bible's book of Exodus, can be explained by science, according to two Russian researchers.

The study, published in the Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, is one of the first to examine the event using oceanography, weather patterns, and mathematical calculations.

Naum Volzinger, senior researcher at the St. Petersburg Institute of Oceanology, and colleague Alexei Androsov of Hamburg, determined that a reef runs from Egypt to the north side of the Red Sea. They believe the reef used to be much closer to the surface during Biblical times at approximately 1500 B.C.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
just a thought... have you ever wondered if it were symbolic of Moses to split the sea of his detirmination to free the slaves and lead them to saftey.

awsome artical by the way.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I caution everyone here, there are several problems. Some people say that the coral would be too ahrd to naviagt,e or the widns too high to travel. However, these same people have not actually provided any sort of evidence for their claims (see sig for details), so I'm up in the air as to my opinion on this. Interesting, but far from conclusive.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
wow that is a hell of a find. If that is correct then it would be compelling evidence that the biblical wrightings should infact be viewed as symbolic and not literal

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
wow that is a hell of a find. If that is correct then it would be compelling evidence that the biblical wrightings should infact be viewed as symbolic and not literal

yes but then there is the fact that the water rushed back onto the men in chase, right? How did that sudden change occur...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The Parting of the Red Sea has been discussed many times and quite extensively, as per an ATS search (using: parting of the Red Sea).

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (The best discussed one)

Hope these help with further discussion on this topic.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just wonder if something like this isn't more probable, and may have existed at the time.....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The rational, sane world will continue to present

Pausable or is it Plausable...explainations.

Without reading the previous threads, i;m pretty
confident that the GROUP WILL Phenomena was
not addressed too well.

Consider the group of Israelites (a sizeable % of
the regions' population) frantic & desperate to excape
the horror that was sure to be exacted on them
by the Egyptian Charioteers & foot soldiers=
One could imagine that 2/3 of the fleeing slaves
would be massacred...as an object lesson to the survivors.

This frantic Group, energized as it were, focused the
Group mind or consciousness, possibly akin to prayer,
for 'a way outta this mess'....
Heres' where the esorteric kicks in-->
by thinking excape, by this critical mass of intelligences,
the Quantum entanglements were re-arranged in the
H2O atoms-->which affected the greater sub-atomic
particles-->which affected the atoms-->which affected the molecular chains-->all the way up the scale of
structure to where the coral reef strata was exposed as a pathway/avenue on which to excape...

when the last...or sufficient # of individuals were out of danger--> the group mind relaxed-->the altered timeline
world reality SPRANG back to the original position...

--> i consider this a credible perspective of a Super-Natural event

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Interesting that they didn't then use this little mind trick in Nazi Germany eh?

Just a little reality check....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm assuming it was a CORAL reef... I don't think there's any other kind, but anyone who has experience with coral could tell you that if you were walking along the top of it without good shoes, you wouldn't get very far.

Coral will chew up your skin and flesh in a hurry and leave you with a nasty infection almost immediately.

I don't know, though, you know those Jews were about as hard as woodpecker lips by that time, so maybe they just sucked it up and moved out!

DC?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Moses never parted the Red Sea it was a mistranslation. It was a sea of Reeds.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
Moses never parted the Red Sea it was a mistranslation. It was a sea of Reeds.

I've read that the word used at the time, while it meant "Red Sea" doesn't necessarily mean the body of water we know today. The "Red Sea" back then included basically all of the water from the Mediterranean to the Persian Gulf, with the "Minor Red Sea" being what we know as today.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting that they didn't then use this little mind trick in Nazi Germany eh?

Just a little reality check....

only if 'they' had the Tabernacle AND the Ark of Covenant going before 'them'...like the Hebrews/Israelites had when starting the
EXODUS and the Red Sea encounter...

it says somewhere that 'Faith moves Mountains'
i & others propose that this 'faith' is really
based on Quantum Mechanics
A Quirk...in your Reality Model

PS; didn't hitler in his occult quests actually search
for the Ark?? perhaps even he feared failure
without the power of focus the Ark was purported
to have...

the distractions of fear, and fragmentation of the
groups into self-egos is what caused the power of group mind to never have been implemented at all.

i suspect the classical music by fellow jews also lead to
the surreal deception of the horrid events taking place.

don't mind me...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think IMO that Moses was instructed to lead the Isrealites to that spot to cross knowing the tide would soon rush in. There probably was a sand bar across that stretch that might have later turned into the coral reef. Moses instructed them to cross while there was water across their toes and as the mass exodus was crossing the chariots and soldiers began following them and at the mid point the current started to flow and started to take up the chariots and carry them into the bay. Allowing the exodus party to safely exit on the other side of the sand bar without their attackers behind them

top topics

join