It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spooks Promise Terror Attack For New President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Spooks Promise Terror Attack For New President

www.prisonplanet.com

National intelligence spooks are all but promising that history will be repeated for a third time running, and the new President of the United States - likely Barack Obama or John McCain - will be welcomed into office by a terror attack that will occur within the first year of his tenure.

"When the next president takes office in January, he or she will likely receive an intelligence brief warning that Islamic terrorists will attempt to exploit the transition in power by planning an attack
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The article goes on to say that both the clinton and bush administrations benefitted from the "terror" attacks, as it gave them the opportunity to impose more restrictive laws or to indulge their lust for conquest

By the time Clinton left office, the Patriot movement - which before the OKC bombing had grown in leaps and bounds, spurred on by the atrocities committed by the federal government at Waco - was effectively dead.

Few need reminding of George W. Bush's agenda before he took office. The ideological framework that would shape his presidency - encapsulated by the goals of the Neo-Con Project For a New American Century - required a "new Pearl Harbor" to get things started, which is exactly what they received on September 11, 2001.

Furthermore, the attacks enabled Bush to pursue an invasion of Iraq that he had dreamed of achieving as early as 1999, according to the ghostwriter of Bush's autobiography Mickey Herskowitz.

"One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief. My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it. If I have a chance to invade---if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency," Bush told Herskowitz.

That "chance to invade" arrived on the morning of 9/11, within hours of which Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, "Was telling his aides to come up with plans for striking Iraq — even though there was no evidence linking Saddam Hussein to the attacks."

Of course there remains the possibility that intel agencies "prior knowledge" is something more sinister - but that is far from proven.

In the meantime, we will see the threat levels and scare stries ramped up a few notches, with the attack (if it happens) being blamed on Iran or some other country whose resources are needed.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/5/2008 by budski]

new topics

join