It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Wow, I've never had such a response to any of my threads before! I'm so glad that so many of you feel the same... maybe I shouldn't be glad. I agree that as humans, we are not living the kind of natural life we were intended to live. Life is basic, survival, self preservation, self improvement and empowerment. Yet here we are stuck in a material world where what possessions you own and how much money you have is ususally the most important thing. It is no longer survival of the fittest but survival of the richest.

As for the wait.. all i can do is wait and see.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii"Look at my new Ipod, Look at my new car, Look at my new house, look at all this money i have sitting in the bank"[edit on 27-5-2008 by Hakii]

only stupid people say these things or people that didn't yet start thinking seriously about the lives of theirs and others.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Two Cents, I am glad you put your '2 cents' in, they make such perfect sense to me, I read your post and imediatley thought 'exactly'. Your description is the exact same way I feel, and I too am not depressed, I carry on my regular and sometimes exciting life, I go to karoke and sing my heart out, have a good time, the whole time I am looking out at the cheering crowd though thinking 'do they know?' , and feeling sorry for them if they are ignorant of 'it'.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Because we are waiting.
And so is all the little alien people who live in tunnels underground and have bases under the water.
So they can finally come out and quit living in the shadows.
We're coming to the age of Aquarius which has been shown as the human race ascending to a higher level of consciousness. To be able to live in harmony, everybody will be shown that Love is 'the way'. Not in a bull# prophetic sense, in the way that only once we finally realize that having all this nuclear weaponary and race hatred towards one another, only when we band together in a total hate-free environment, will our spirit ascend higher.

That Roswell crash, and even the Moon Landing were two of of the most startling wake-up calls our race has had, but ofcourse both got covered up.
I'm guessing you all know about the Roswell crash, but some may not know about the 'Santa Claus' and 'Bogey' (intelligence talk for Unidentified Flying Objects) Neil Armstrong and crew had witnessed parked on the moon, in view of where there rocket had landed.
Some members inside the 'bogey' could be seen. Not of Earth descent.

Back to the Age of Aquarius, When Jesus first started causing townfolk to talk was the start of the Age of Pisces, the ages of the cosmos turn once every two thousand years or so, which bring upon sudden and spiritual impact. So, you can tell something big is going to happen. Look at what Jesus left behind him, except we get to be alive when things start to change

The only thing I want to hurry up..
is 2012 and 13. haha

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Its like your waitin for sumthin, but dont know what, I think the world is waking up sub concsiously, There is sumthin about to happin, good or bad i dont know, We'll just have to wait and see..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Yes excactly, I get that also..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have felt like I was waiting ever since I was like nine years old; I guess this is because the natural flow of events has been disallowed and an unnatural, human-made slavery has been imposed upon my life; my life has been decided in large by mass-movements, coz that is what democracy is. We all know that the smartest people are not the masses...still we sheepishly accept the tripe we are fed by the mass-media and the politicians.
Why do we as people accept being forced to do average things and be average? Why do we sheepishly accept modern, useless, entertainment-addicted life? Why do we accept the product-fetishist society we are living in?
Maybe we are just waiting for the aliens to come back and fix what they havent finished before

Maybe we are just waiting for our enlightened DNA to be activated by some sort of crucial natural or artificial event

Maybe we have just been manipulated into docile acceptance and we are too stupid to see. They who wait are mostly too late...or not too early...
Anyway, I keep waiting for the zhit to hit the fan. Maybe that will shake me into action...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A couple of days ago I was about to post a similar question. I also have had this feeling for as long as I can remember. Way before i visited any conspiracy site.

I could never tell what that event would be, but I have allways felt and still do, that it will be something global and massive. It could be good, or it could be bad. I share the feeling that there will be bad, before the good.

A lot of reactions/feelings here are verry similar, and similar to mine. And I was wondering who of you has had the same urge to post about this feeling fenomena. Was this recent, or did you think, like I did; "what's the point. they will probably laugh at me"

Another poster asked when we were born.
I was born in feb 18th 1965 (aquarius)

If there's a patern, there could be more to it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've never felt the need to express this because I thought I might be crazy, or others wouldn't understand. I was actually excited to see that I'm not the only person out there with these thoughts. I'm still young but I find myself challenged with thoughts that people much older than me might experience. I have felt a pretty similar "waiting" feeling. It's like a vague impending doom feeling. I can't say that I feel like something bad or good will happen, since I can only make comparisns to feelings I have had before on a shorter span. I do know that the feeling I have isn't as strong as it used to be, but I still feel it is relevant to my life and probably everyone else's too.

The feelings I have now started about the time I was a senior in highschool. It was at that time I started to really look at the world for what it was. After leaving home and truly experiencing what we consider "life", I began to realize much of life as we know consists of many intricate lies and tricks. Our world is all material and we often fail to see the true joys of life that are shadowed by video games, television, cars, etc. and most of all; money. There are so few things left that are genuine and real. I find myself very lucky in the times that I can experience something "real".

This sense of some impending event of some sort, made me ask myself several things. For no apparent reason I remember picking my brain over why I should put myself through college if my education would be meaningless. Yes, for some reason I had and still do somewhat, a feeling that everything I have done and the knowledge I gained would eventually be useless during my lifetime. While there may be truth to that in the sense of legacies and what not.. This is more like a feeling that all of those things will mean nothing because of some event that would render most of what EVERYONE knows useless. I think perhaps a drastic change in our reality or life on Earth as we know it.

Today though I try to forget about that feeling, live in the moment and experience the "real". I try not to let myself get caught up in the facade that most people live in. If something is going to change that voids everything we currently know.. Then so be it. I'll know I truly "lived" while I could. So, yes I have and still do feel as though I'm "waiting" for something. Whether or not something is going to happen I have no clue, but I do have some words you may find comfort in. I think part of it is just human nature. It is the nature of wanting some clarification as to why we're here and what does this all lead to. Just live your life for what it is and don't get caught up in the material stuff. If a change is coming, I think it is going to deal directly with the way we humans live and function. It will be an awakening of some kind that will change the way we think and percieve our current reality. If it happens in 2012, you'll know that you experienced this life while you could.

The feeling still haunts me from time to time, but I know I have to forget about it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There have been numerous threads about this exact same subject.

This feeling of "waiting" is natural but also dangerous.

It is natural because it is human nature. We are always waiting. Waiting to get home from work, waiting till the weekend, waiting till vacation, etc etc. I think we develop such a high dependency on waiting by the early 20's that when we stop and think for a moment it is still with us.

If your interested in aliens, conspiracy, or any one of the numerous subjects on ATS than this feeling is going to be related to these subjects.

This feeling is dangerous because there is no proof that we are waiting for anything at all. If you spend your whole life waiting to for something to change, chances are you will die that way as well.

If you are unhappy with your life make the changes necessary to turn things around and stop waiting for things to change by themselves.

If you feel trapped in the life that you live and that you cant change your current situation, than you aren't thinking in the right direction. Sometimes making changes does not involve moving to another country, or getting another job.. but just changing the way you look at things and appreciate things.

If you are sick and tired of the way our society works as consumers, than rebel and consume less and give more. Change YOURSELF and then you will realize that what you were waiting for was available to you all along.

2012 will come and go, and those of you that are "waiting" for a miracle to turn your life around will be depressed and waiting for something else.

It is called free will, we are fortunate enough to have it, some of us are unfortunate enough to think we are slaves to it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Yes, I'm waiting too...but for what? I'm not sure either. It's been with me most of my life also. Lately however it's become much stronger. I'm very glad to see that it's not just me feeling this way.
My dogs know "something's up" too. They look up at the sky, almost as if they're searching for something. Bark at nothing I can see, and are frantic to get back inside at times.
I've noticed too on numerous occassions a low hum eminating from above.
Other members of my family hear it too. And no, we live far from any city, and airport. I probably wouldn't even notice it in a city, but it's quiet out here. I'm quite sure my dogs hear it, and maybe that's why the interest in the sky?
I firmly believe something is going to happen. Looks like many of us are apparently aware of it on some level, we just don't know what it is, so we wait...
unfortunately, one of my shortcomings is, impatience.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Wow.. and I thought I was the only one! At least I know Im not crazy now.. ( or at least Im in good company! LOL)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm another one in waiting. It's an odd feeling that comes along with it. Like a fear/exitmenty/tingly feeling. Veh odd and it's only been the last couple of years that i've felt it.

Might be nothing,who knows. *shrugs*

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ello boyz n girlz.

First time poster.
Been connecting dots for a few years though.

Love you guys, very smart,wise and nice.
I've learnt a lot from you guys the last 6 months or so.

Ditto on waiting.

I feel like we should start acting more instead of waiting.
Status quo is an information war.
Sheople seem to be very easy to wake up nowadays, (experience on freinds and family
) as the bad guys have "gone a bit too far" with alot of stuff.
Everybody knows (my favourite song nowadays btw Leonard Cohen) the future can be a scary one.

Roy.

"50% of solving a problem is admitting having a problem"

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Interesting idea for a thread. Heres what I can add.

Maybe you are like me and sometime ago for some reason or another got the idea that things were not always gonna be this way. Now when I refer to be this way im 26 years old and Im guessing "this way" would be around early to mid 90's you know the good ol years

Maybe it was all the RATM or like other threads here have discussed maybe I wanted something to happen. I guess the best way to put it is that I wouldnt have my fair shot at the american dream like everyone did before me you know the One parent works other watches nice big house with big family that sorta thing...

then as I got older I started to see that this just might be the truth and so now that my previous notions have been confirmed I cant help but have the ever present nagging waiting for something to happen feeling you were talking bout.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Since there are planets and star that are 100 times bigger and 1000+ times bigger than earth.

Isnt it possible that this whole universe and everything that we know may just be a bunch of little paritcles on one huge scaled planet or something?

link   
Since there are planets and star that are 100 times bigger and 1000+ times bigger than earth.

Isnt it possible that this whole universe and everything that we know may just be a bunch of little paritcles on one huge scaled planet or something?

link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I didn't read any other posts so I am sorry for any redundance.

But your feeling of "constantly waiting" is a result from your exposure to all the events you see on TV and experience (floods, fires, bombs, shootings) you are mentally bombarded with these events. And now you wonder every day what is next...

Its is one of the most exciting times to live. Sit back and watch. Wait and watch.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join