It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Can honestly say I have felt this way for many years. Perhaps the human senses are slower to pick up the Earth's warning signs as opposed to how animals react to impending disasters, and something big is going to occur.

Given the state of things around the world, and how we've had absolutely no regard for the future for either ourselves as a species, or any other living creature Including the Earth, I don't feel it will be a pleasant event for the human race.

I agree with the person who said "Get on with it!!!!" to be honest.

* edited to include words !

[edit on 27-5-2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yes, I also feel like there is some event that is going to happen in the not to distant future. I really have no clue if this relates to an event happening, but for over a year now, I've been randomly seeing the times 1:11 11:11 and 9:11. I don't sit near the clock and time watch at all. I have better things to do with my time. For example, I have seen 111 on my trip odometer just randomly looking at it, I have seen 1:11 on the track time on my iPod. This happens completely randomly and the numbers I see are exactly 1:11, 11:11 or 9:11. Or I'll turn on the TV and the time left in a sports match will be 1:11 or so on and so forth. It is kind of scary. I can't figure out why I'm seeing these times at completely random moments in my daily life. It is odd. I think I'm going to start a thread about this and see if this happens to anyone else out there.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
from Waking Life:

It's such a strange paradox. I mean, while, technically,
I 'm closer to the end of my life than I've ever been,
I actually feel more than ever that I have all the time in the world.
When I was younger, there was a desperation, a desire for certainty,
Like there was an end to the path, and I had to get there.
I know what you mean because I can remember thinking,
"Oh, someday, like in my mid-thirties maybe,
everything's going to just somehow jell and settle, just end."
It was like there was this plateau, and it was waiting for me,
and I was climbing up it, and when I got to the top,
all growth and change would stop.
Even exhilaration. But that hasn't happened like that, thank goodness.
I think that what we don't take into account when we’re young is our endless curiosity.
That's what's so great about being human.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes! I have had this feeling too. I can't remeber when it started--
It's been a long time.
It's this feeling of being on a runaway locomotive knowing I am headed for a huge wall, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

It's very strange. Sad too...but I don't know WHY.
Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Whoa, I swear, this is exactly how I was all the way from middle school up to even today. The funny thing is, I'm up until 2:00 AM just lying in bed thinking about EVERYTHING.
I'm now graduated, but every day at school I would just sit there, thinking about little things, while listening to the boring lessons given (which I'd learn from, but usually slack off when it came to doing assignments on them). Instead of being a part of the social life going on at school I decided on only a couple friends that I actually liked and who shared respectable interests. Everybody else I never really talked to much (respectable or not), but I'd sit there in class listening to them and how they would act and react around each other, mostly just listening while I was doing whatever had to be done during class. I owe most of this to A.D.D., but it seemed like I was more aware of everything.

All that stuff aside, I too know what I am waiting for, or rather anxious for. It's all pointing to one thing, which is basically what I can accomplish in this life that I can feel good about and learn much from, giving me knowledge for this life and perhaps even knowledge for life after^. And I think that religion and science are good together, just as long as people understand where it all kinda fits together.

And no, I'm not into preaching and stuff, I think it's easier that people discover stuff for themselves. No sense arguing with ignorance, ya know?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BoardsOfCanada

OMG.........in the last few weeks, I have randomly looked at clocks at work and at home and have seen the same times i.e. 23:23 and today 3 times, 14:14, 18:18 and 22:22.

I looked at the mileometer of the car and it actually read 140,000 but I looked at it as it turned to this. Very peculiar.

In reply to the OP, i get an anxious feeling a lot and also this thought that one day soon,m something will happen........although I not what.

Bizarre!

Edited spelling - Doh!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Gregandgemma]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

There is a lot going on right now. As time goes on, every form of energy accelerates faster. We are approaching a great time for all human kind. We are all connected and we are all feeling this restlessness. We should just continue to live our lives and practice love to our fellow humans. Signs and feelings will guide us and we will know what actions to take as we start to become synchronized with the universal laws, reality, and "time".

Thanks to this sight it continues to show me how many people out there, no matter what the difference, have common grounds in some shape or fashion.

I love you guys.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Also Richard C. Hogland has said last night on coast to coast, how in the next 5 months people will feel as if 10 years went by. Another coincidence? I think not.

Also please watch:

video.google.com...=esoteric%20agenda&sitesearch=video.google.com

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You feel like you're in a constant state of waiting because somehow you've conditioned yourself to be in this state on a regular basis. You've probably anchored yourself to several things while you were waiting for something and now these anchors are triggering this waiting state over and over.

Here's how to fix it...

Next time you feel like you're waiting, you need to interrupt your pattern. Jump up and down. Yell out loud. Wave you're arms around. Then get into a state of taking action. Think of a time when you were taking action and NOT waiting. Anchor this state.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Sorry wrong link:

video.google.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I do as well, i have no idea why.
i don't know what i'm waiting for or when it will come but i know it's there
this kinda strange empty feeling inside my stomach which is telling me something is not quite right (although bearing in mind i have just eaten
)
ATS has had a major part as well, this website has led me to learn so much and i think that in turn has led to the feeling.

It's just a matter of time before America fully attacks Iran in my view and that will signal massive massive change in the world in my view.
Then we'll see.

But in the mean, to stop us all feeling morbid about the achey waiting feeling.
Here's a light hearted look at the problems.

Edit; to fix amazingly bad grammar.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by bmiasma]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I too feel like I'm waiting for something to happen,but I don't know what it is.
I'm a happy guy and will always live my life by my rules.Don't get me wrong,I can and do compromise,just not on everything.
Sites like ATS have opened my eyes to many,many things So I feel fortunate.
I'd rather be waiting for something to happen and nothing does,than be clueless and wonder how I ended up not seeing it happen.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am sorry if this has already been mentioned; we are all feeling an energy shift.

I am a believer in God but not religious. It is my feeling that God has removed his veil from off the earth (a protective veil). This is affecting the weather, natural disasters, the animals reacting in more aggressive ways, and mankind feeling like we are in a cage, of sorts.

This is a time when it can be essential to listen to our senses. We cannot afford to wear blinders or go about life - asleep. That does not mean to go about paranoid, but to be awake and to question.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Things are changing already. Something "clicked" in me on May 2. Now everything feels like it's getting quicker and closer together. Deja vu and synchronicities have increased well beyond the point of mere coincidence.

I'm seeing how all these events in our history are repeating and converging at the same time. I'm noticing all these connections and repeating underlying themes throughout movies, literature, and daily life... I've got an understanding of the universe and reality that I've come close to but never completely grasped, until now. It's been a real trip.

Things have definitely been exciting (and weird) for me these past few weeks, and if I'm just one of the first of many, get ready for a rush. It's not so much an information download, but rather a way of perceiving things that connects everything together.

It must have something to do with 2012, or I'm just off my rocker.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Personally, I have had the same sort of feeling. I do think EVERYONE NATURALLY PICKS UP ON THE VIBE when there is a person or a group of people that are exerting a lot of energy toward some secret end or around some secret knowledge. Personally, I do not know what they are up to or what they know, but IT CAN'T BE GOOD, because they feel they have a better chance of having their way if they do not disclose it. There is a natural ability for humans to sense danger just like any other animal, especially when reading the behaviors of those around us. I also think that in the same way animals can sense danger in thier enviornment (ie earthquakes etc...) so can most humans. I think this is a natural adaptive behavior. Some are more sensitive than others. Looking at the number of challenges we have as a species and the lack of controle we have, I think it is totally natural to feel a sense that something big or terrible is going to happen that will nullify all our previous hard work. I think that having more positive, productive, and less selfish world leaders would do a lot to curb the feeling of impending doom.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Exactly the same here... not so much waiting around doing nothing for something but anticipating it and working towards it spiritually.

Each day I feel more and more disconnected from the typical 'sheeple', but in retrospect the more I discuss non conventional matters the more people I find who are interested and well versed (non ATS people by the way)... that is what brings warmth to my heart - the fact that ya average Joe can think outside the square. Most are scared of a reality which is MUCH different to their current one and understandably so... it's change from the programmed and conventional norm

To leave a quote from a song by Twisted called 'L.S.D (World Sheet Of Closed String Mix)' off the Hallucinogen - In Dub album.

"I believe with the advent of acid, we discovered new ways to think and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people are so afraid of it ? What is it about it that scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they are afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control"

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I feel i have been waiting since I was born. Ive always felt i was here for a reason but that reason has always eluded me. I am 50 now and have made major changes to my lifestyle in the last 18 months. Why wait till now? I dont know...but I believe instinctively that the time was right. I have walked away from a job that has seen me put in 27 years of dedication to others because I know the time left is for me and mine.

I have become ever so close to my family, my roots and to natures cycles. Dont ask me why, because i dont know. I do know that I was sick and bored with everything that used to excite me. All the excitement of the trappings, the new car, latest high tech gizzmo and being first to have or own just dissapeared overnight. I was bored and un fullfilled with that life.

Do you remember when as a child, everything had a smell. Christmas, summer holidays, finding a birds nest in your garden bush?, well that has returned. I guess I have gone full circle and maybe thats what everyone is about to do.

Could this be my "ascension", my growth spurt?...I dont know. I do know that i feel more alive than for many years and fear no catastrophe that 2012 may or may not offer.

Inner peace is a powerfull re-charger of the soul. Whatever it is that we "must" go through can only make us stronger, more aware and more responsible for this planet we walk on.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have not read anyones post but your original thread, usually I do not do this but I just wanted to tell you that I too had that same feeling, like I should be doing something or some event must be coming.

I talked to a lot of older people they all told me that it was a normal stage in my life, people usually have these stages when they are going through a lot of thought about where they want there life to be, or if your in a set environment you wonder if it is going to turn out for the best or if you are going to have to give up things about your life.

I let mine ride to the ground, then I got back up and went on cruise mode for about five years, then I continued in a career path I wanted and for right now I do not have that feeling in my life........sometimes it re occurs when I am getting ready to go to a training event or something like that....you know the feeling I dont have to tell you

Just chock it up to growing pains.. This is all I have to say on the matter and will most likely not return to this thread so if you need anything u2u me and I will get back with you.......IT is going to be all good brother no worries

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Kernel is feeling what you are saying. Lately there seems to be a waiting, not just for the next potable. What it is I don't know, good or bad but there is indeed a "waiting" for something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join