It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
You are right that waiting is more of a state of mind than anything else, but for some - such as myself - it is the only thing i am prepared to do, as i've been locked into this rather bizarre conundrum where no one is even prepared to acknowledge that i possess the intelligence to see the truth, and the reasons for why the truth has been hidden.

Perhaps some of us are ready to recieve the understanding that you have gained. I myself would love to go to the next level of understanding and truth.

Please share some of what you speak of.

Yes Please.....maybe thats what I am waiting for ?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We may each be thinking of waiting in a different way.

My sense of waiting doesn't manifest itself as a 'what's the point?' 'the next big heartbreak is on the way' sense at all.

I wait like the pause between the inhale and the exhale. The moment of focus between the yin and the yang (so to speak). I can't define what the next 'thing' is, or what the nature of the 'nexus' is, only that for some time now, the balance is almost perfectly between the 'now' and the 'then'.

Don't get me wrong, I am no prophet, this could be a purely subjective personal thing.

But I can't deny, the 'sense of waiting' is getting very evident.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Is it any wonder?

Since 9/11, its been a constant "they're gonna get us" bombardment by the media, the president, and we've been brainwashed into beleiving the other shoe will drop soon. Its a state of mind we are all experiencing, put there by every single means of news available to us.

We are programmed to feel threatened- and it keeps getting worse, now food, gas, you name it, the "threat" is there.

This is how they manipulate the masses.

Not only that but our own subconscious KNOWS this is all leading up to a very radical change in the world we once knew.

Even the pope
saying ET is our brother...its not terrifying for me, but it does rattle others cages!

You never hear anything positive, and there is never any light at the end of the tunnel...

Of course we feel something is going to happen

Its got to.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

It is a personal problem, but i did point out that there may be some coincidential properties, so i might as well carry out your request out of simple good-natured positivity.

It is my belief that from an early age, i have been earmarked by fellow students who attended my high school at that time as being a stooge - they have never once made this aware to me, and it is my perception that they have masterminded (for lack of a better word) most of the calamities that have befallen me in the years after my high school education.

Nowadays i'm under the perspective that there are individuals involved who are unaware of even this basic truth.

Most probably, It's because i was always so reclusive - a so-called "easy target".

I always found it strange why they would do this, because i didn't harbour any ill-feeling towards them, and i eventually figured they were just a bunch of bored teenagers with nothing better to do.

Anyway, at this moment in time i'm simply waiting for them to either get on with their lives and find something more interesting, which there is many millions of things on this earth which are more interesting than myself, or to get serious and reveal themselves, so at the very least we can have some finality over the issue.

But other than that, life goes on.

I don't let it get to me, but i do acknowledge it's a fairly major part of my social existence, even if i do reject it.

It helps to have a memory capable of remembering remarkably small details when it comes to things like this, because otherwise i'd probably go insane trying to figure out why the world not only seems to be watching me, but messing about with my head.

Of course - At the end of the day i might be wrong, and it's actually just my closest buddy feeding off the entertainment he can provide to others merely because of my calm and complacent nature.

But ultimately, i do feel as if i am waiting for a similar thing to every other person who has posted in this topic.

We are all waiting for finality over a certain issue or subject - there is no NWO or conspiracy-related agenda here, only our own individual problems, and our desire to acheive finality or progress with them.

Of course, an NWO agenda could be seen as an individual problem, if you get my meaning.

Apologies for shoving so much information in your face, i doubt you welcomed it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Apologies for shoving so much information in your face, i doubt you welcomed it.

Absolutely welcomed. We have alot to learn from each other.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I have had this feeling for about a year now. I am not a believer in the NWO, end of the world theories, coming alien invasions or anything like that. If I was I would understand this feeling.

I am an average happy person with a full time job, girlfriend, family, friends, my own flat and nothing to really worry about apart from a few financial issues. So Why do I feel like I am waiting for something on a daily basis?

Is it a psychological thing that needs to be addressed or is something big really about to happen? It is making me feel as though I am working in vain and that I shouldn't be wasting my time.. is this natural?

Is life just a big waiting room?

Just wondered if anyone else had this same feeling and whether they had any opinions on what it may be?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by fiftyfifty]

Every animal on this planet has instincts. Humans, being animals, also have instincts (BTW, I'm not saying humans are ONLY animals, merely that they are ALSO animals. Put another way, a subset of human qualities are animalistic in nature, with pun intended)

Your instincts tell you something is up. The media is soothing and lolling you into complacency, whispering seductively "everything is alright, everything is going to be ok", when everything in you is telling you something is up. You just don't know what.

Now, the other side of this coin is that TPTB WANT you to fear continually. Why? Because if they bombard you with fear, fear, fear, you will not recognize when real fear, instinctual fear, hits you. Fear, in it's proper place, is a most wonderful survival mechanism. You ever hear a lion roar, or a tiger snarl in real life? I've never had to fight off either one, but I can tell you that either one of those sounds makes my skin crawl when heard in real life. That's an instinctual fear. When you hear those sounds, your body goes "Holy Crap! I'd better be on high alert, or I might just be lunch!".

One last thing: Of COURSE you are going to find more people "constantly waiting" for something bad to happen on a conspiracy site. Want to know what's REALLY scary? Start asking people about this fear who AREN'T conspiracy theorists. Ask around, strike up conversations with random people and bring the topic around to this. See what they say. People instinctively know something isn't right, they just don't know what it is.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Heh, i learned what i know through deductive reasoning and abstract thought based on an exceptional memory capability.

It's nothing you couldn't figure out for yourself, if you put your mind to it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I hear ya man- I've been in the waiting club since I first started waiting for whatever it is I'm waiting for. Hurry up and wait! This is a great vid >>>

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When I dream and only when I realize I'm dreaming I can control what happens, I have been this way my entire life. The last few months I have had more dreams that I have no control over, more dreams or nightmares than at any other time in my life. I'm dreaming of very bad things relating to Earth changes, I feel these things are in our near future.

Another thing that has been apart of me is the sense that change is coming, our solar system and even our galaxy seem to be undergoing change, I feel this is apart of the galactic alignment of 2012, and everyday the feeling intensifies.

The feelings I'm feeling IMO are not apart of the msm gloom and doom and the terrorist are going to get you hype we see everyday.

The feeling I'm having are more related to instinct. The dreams and the feeling that change is coming are related, one will happen before the other.

I think humans are going to change in the way we think what we value and the way we look at things, some call it ascension.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I've heard of it being called ascension before, but then - that could mean an awful lot of things.

Kinda like the End of the World.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalKid

We all know somethings not right with the world right now, but we will still sit here and wait for something to make us react , maybe thats what we are suppose to do! until the time is right? maybe what will happen is a positive thing for us humans, as war, teenage killings, ect.. cannot go on, we all need to realize the planet is a living being, and we need to start respecting it before its to late for us. So what will be will be, its better to start living in the now! but gathering as much information as possible just incase we need it at some point in the near future.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've been waiting since '93. Over the last several years it's been getting stronger. I feel like our earthly stuff is all for not. Of course I continue on every day with my earthly duties and routines that seem to fill the time as I wait. I'm not sure if my soul is waiting for an event or just anticipating my next level of existence. The older I get, the more I find myself feeling trapped in this yucky,gooey biological body. I have this sensation that I'm beyond this human existence, bound to the earth by this unseen force, and my soul is reaching for something more. There are times that I feel alien in my own body, I look in the mirror and don't recognize me. I'm 40 yrs old, so I know this isn't that awakening that people have in their 20's. This could be just a regular mid-life crisis. I don't know, but I do know that I will keep looking for answers and learning as much as I can.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I really feel the same way and after all the reading and research i have done lately, it seems that it all has to do with the 2012 galactic realignment we are supposed to encounter. it seems everyday i meet more people "in the know" about what is really going on in the world and that something huge is just around the corner...now all i can do is sit back and wait for it to happen.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So far from this thread we have seen this waiting feeling can have several causes.

Waiting in anticipation. This is not necessarily the expectation of worse events but of a hopeful coming understanding of some greater purpose for mankind as a whole. An enlightenment if you will.

Waiting in confusion. The feeling one gets when he doesn't know how to react because he doesn't know what to expect, or when to expect it. It is the feeling that if only we knew what to expect, then we would know how to feel.

Waiting in fear. This is when we know the worst is coming but don't know when or how it will come. It might be the most appropriate in these days with al the talk of wars to come, economic bust, housing woes, and other social ills striking out at so many people in so many nations around the world.

I feel a waiting as an anticipation of some good coming. And I feel there is still some bad to come before we reach that. Somewhere back around 2000, while I was writing to others about many of the events that had occurred, I wrote to a certain Congressman that change in America was impossible as long as we had a strong economy.

Today, we better be prepared to fight for the precious few rights we have left, and fight for the return of those we've lost, because the day is coming when money will be worth less than the invisible commodity called a carbon credit.

There are many lessons I need to learn but in these days I seem to realize when decisions are made by idiots, we get idiotic decisions.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nope. Just like Dupree the only thing I'm waiting for is my mother ship.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nope. Just like Dupree the only thing I'm waiting for is my mother ship.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've had this feeling since I can remember. To some extent at least, I think it's a natural feeling. As humans we're constantly raising the 'bar' as soon as we reach it. While we may have some finite goals, our aspirations are infinite, as we have no concept of any limitations to what we can accomplish.

Many have associated this feeling to a coming "change". If I examine this particular emotion from this perspective, it seems more like I'm trying to remember something rather than waiting for something. I feel like there's some important information locked away that I'm having trouble getting to.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
something major is going to happen...2011,2012,2013 are not just numbers and all the predictions from around the world from the past are not all BS...

what is going to happen...i'm not sure exactly,but i think a few things will be going on at the same time

i can tell you,but you probably would'nt believe me

edit= it has to do with aliens,the unvirse,nature and governemts and all of us...figure it out

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The reason many people feel like they are waiting is because they know on some level that the world they inhabit is a lie. For many years we have been lied to on all levels by the governing powers of this world. Yes and behind the scenes is an immense struggle going on by positive forces to make the peoples of this planet aware of the level and degree to which they have been lied, and to bring to light the truth of the situation that this planet faces.

The good news is that in the next 4 years a small percentage of what has been hidden from the public will come to light, and it is hoped that that small percentage will be enough to radically alter the perspective of the majority of people. The problem is that the forces that now control this planet and the information on this planet will fight to the last breath to maintain that domination and so it will be the responsibility of the peoples of this world to demand change and to take back the power that they have given away. Nothing is certain and maybe we won't make it in this age.

Thus the promise of the greater destiny of this planet may be reserved for another age of the world. But if that happens and people don't find the courage now to wake up to the degree and level their reality has been manipulated, then the suffering in the future will be much worse than it was in the 20th century. In other words we have a window of about 30 years to respond to the work that the positive forces of this world will do in bringing some of what has been hidden to light, and if the people fail to respond, then the door to the time of a truly liberated and wondrous age will be closed. What is to be lost? All the hidden treasures of the knowledge of this planet and solar system to which the majority are totally blind and the true heritage of the human race to take it's starfaring place amongst the great civilizations scattered throughout this galaxy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join