It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Waiting is all I seem to be doing--the mundane things of life just carry on but something in me knows something wonderful is going to happen and it's all tied in with 2012. I don't have a feeling of dread, rather an anticipation of a world where things feel right and the people will no longer be duped and controlled. I am convinced that we will attain a higher level of consciosness and with this comes a knowing of truth. Lies will not be tolerated and we will finally know why we are here and what our individual contribution will be. Until then, we wait !!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I am not sure if I'm really waiting for something... but rather that I need to try and be ready for 'something'.

I have felt this way all my life, or at least as long as I can go back to childhood memories. I really have this almost insane urge to learn and study everything I can get my hands on. This used to be things like geography and computers when I'm younger... now I'm diving into each bit of spiritual and fringe science material I can get my hands on, trying to pick out the bits of truth in everything.

Even when I'm dead tired I still have to force my self not to pick up another book, listen to an audio book, learn a new language etc.

I think the whole thing can be summarized best with: "This life(time) is important for you".
This even though I'm not really convinced about reincarnation, but the books of Dr. Brian Weiss are awesome! Feels like an opportunity to "graduate" somehow...

And what others said before me, example quoted below, is exactly how I feel. It feels like I'm very close to breaking through some kind of "ceiling". It frustrates me that I feel so close to having a massive breakthrough, yet it still eludes me... like a huge Tantalus Torture. It resonates with movie scenes like e.g. in V. for Vendetta where Evey conclude that "God is in the Rain".

Now if I only could put my finger on what this "something" is....

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Of course I continue on every day with my earthly duties and routines that seem to fill the time as I wait. I'm not sure if my soul is waiting for an event or just anticipating my next level of existence. The older I get, the more I find myself feeling trapped in this yucky,gooey biological body. I have this sensation that I'm beyond this human existence, bound to the earth by this unseen force, and my soul is reaching for something more. There are times that I feel alien in my own body, I look in the mirror and don't recognize me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Great topic. I've been "waiting" for about 7 years now! I'm still getting on with my life, working, enjoying life, etc, but the 'waiting feeling' is there.

On a personal level I'm expecting WW3 to happen soon.

Which is a bit of a bummer.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ask the Native Americans. They have been around a lot longer than us, and they seem to be waiting for something too.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Waiting for India & China to join forces...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Excellent thread. Just to re-introduce myself. I'm not new to ATS, I've been a member for quite some time, maybe around 4 years. My previous name was sdrawkcab, but...posting privileges have been removed. So, here I am again.

And, like the rest of you, I've had this feeling since I was a toddler. I'm 20 now and still feel it. Waiting for something and not living your life is foolish. I don't think that's the case with most folks who feel this way. We go on living our lives, enjoying some of it, disliking and hating other parts of it.

In a nutshell, I think we're waiting for some sort of fulfillment. Maybe fulfillment of knowledge. I love life, but I do not, deeply, inside enjoy it very much. The idea of living to me seems to be lacking something. We grow, learn, educate our selves to have a secure financial future. Make money to mind ourselves and family, produce offspring if we are able to...then die. There are the few things that help us enjoy the lives we live. Things we like doing, to some people love is permanent fulfillment, so is money, family, adrenaline...etc. To me, these things make me happy...to an extent. Music, graphic design, game design...these things bring happiness to me, but I still feel as though something is lacking. I don't know what it is, until I find it, or it finds me.

It is not romantic love, because for some reason, I seem incapable of falling in love anymore. Helping people and music seem to be so close to what I should be feeling...but it's not. I just don't know what I'm waiting for or if I'll ever find it. Most of these things in life satisfy my emotional state periodically and temporarily. My body seems well off...my deep mind and spirit seem to be starving.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have been waiting for the rapture for many years now! I always have that "anxious", waiting type of feeling, sometimes it's very intense. I'm sort of going through the "what does it all mean" kind of thing! Sometimes, I feel like, "What was it all about, anyway?" Sometimes, I think I should move away from the city, start a veggie garden, buy a cave, and learn some survival techniques. Not sure why, it's a feeling that I have. At times, I have an overwhelming ominous feeling that I can't shake, like just before Hurricane Katrina. I just knew that something bad was going to happen, but I wasn't sure what it was!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Read Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" everything will make sense to you.....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have been feeling that I'm waiting for something since around 2003. The feeling gets worse at times and better at other times. Lately it seem to be getting worse again. I'm not sure the cause of the feelings. I don't really discuss these feelings with others since in the past they have dismissed them and felt I was being strange. Oh well, I guess I will just have to "wait" and see.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmantn

Turn off your TV,
Turn off your computer,
Wait 10 days, the "waiting" feeling will go away.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I know what I wait for because I've taken action on most fronts of my life. Could it be your just indulging in the feeling of waiting?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

We are changing and rapidly. All of this will be gone soon for something much better at least thats what I think. It's not a matter of feeling that I'm waiting but more an urgency to be as prepared as I can for the shift. If only to have a chance to have a chance for the Rapture as you call it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

To the person that replied about the THE URANTIA BOOK

I cannot thank you enough. I have only read the first 4 pages, but I feel such a connection to what it is saying. The statement, "God can be realized only in the realms of human experience" explains to me the meaning of human life. I won't bore anyone with the details of how, but this statement has answered so many questions for me and given me a sense of peace deep within. I will of course read further before drawing any further conclusions, and before I recommend it to anyone else. Again, thank you so much, I will post more as I read and learn.THE URANTIA BOOK

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
I have been waiting for the rapture for many years now! I always have that "anxious", waiting type of feeling, sometimes it's very intense. I'm sort of going through the "what does it all mean" kind of thing! Sometimes, I feel like, "What was it all about, anyway?" Sometimes, I think I should move away from the city, start a veggie garden, buy a cave, and learn some survival techniques. Not sure why, it's a feeling that I have. At times, I have an overwhelming ominous feeling that I can't shake, like just before Hurricane Katrina. I just knew that something bad was going to happen, but I wasn't sure what it was!

It does not work. I moved out of the city. You still feel it.

Ama

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
We are all watching and waiting. You can feel it all around you. Even the people in our lives who refuse to discuss anything or refuse to look at facts know something is coming, you can see it in their complacent zomby like additudes.

We are all being drawn slowly to find the answer of what it is we are waiting for.

In a way 9/11 woke many of us up. I was a happy family man married for over 11 years when that day occurred, something just never seemed right about the way it happened and also how we were rushed into the wars. Now I am consumed by it. My wife had enough and doesn't want to know anymore. I find it hard to enjoy everyday life because the more you learn, the more disgusted you become with your own species! It has gotten to the point where I do not discuss what I find with anyone unless it is necessary. So in a way whoever or whatever entity that has manufacturing all these World distractions actually attracted us by creating the very things they use to confuse and distract. They never thought how it could backfire. And with the instant information available to us on the internet, it is very hard for them to cover or hide any these facts from us now. They will somehow find a way to shut the net down. When that happens, whatever they know or whatever they have been planning will be upon us.

There have been a great deal of manufactured distractions created since 9/11. For one, the constant Neocon/Liberal thing and the intentional division bewteen the two party system, the division further weakens our Nation. Then you have entertainment and the constant competition in reality shows as well as the corruption in news and mainstream media.

We are also seeing a massive release of UFO related material and the disclosure is spreading like a wildfire. I don't want to speculate on that but I feel something big is going on there.

There is the obvious clamp down on the United States and the UK, we all see the police state forming and how treasonous laws are being written to override the Constitution. They are tightening their control grid, with that said you have to ask yourself why. What are they planning for? The New World Order? Alien contact? Perhaps they have definite foresight of an all out World changing event. I don't know, but you are right something big is about to happen. Everything seems to be coming to a head and that my friend is not a good thing for humanity, at least in the way we have been seeing everything unfold because 99.9% of that has been negative.

Now like you said, we just watch and wait. Keep an eye on the alternative news and you will be ahead of the curve on survival.

Good luck and remember the 7 P's

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
bout a year here as well waiting ........for what

i have to say i feel we should take action though

our waiting is only allowing THEM to be more empowered

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
my friends, this is a demonstration of how Inner-connected we are, maybe not on this plain of existence but on our root/soul's. We are waiting becuz we are ever-changing beings... evolution whether u believe it or not happens, the mind, the body an the soul.

Many are right, we should of been past this petty material ownership crap long ago, an becuz we havent we r stuck in limbo, not just a economical or physical but a evolutionary limbo, One that is an will continue to proceed just with some extra failsafe mechanisms to jump start it if it stops like it has.

So much more in this world could be understood, enjoyed, and over all experienced by all if we would just keep it simple. Meaning that unless it was born on you its kinda everyones and no ones at the sametime, it can be used but not owned an horded.

Work for what you need, not work for a piece of paper to buy what you need LOL.

Nature will alwaYS BALANCE itself out, it has an will forever.

sit tight, and dont forget your towel.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ive felt like this for 2 years now, I use to work and I even went to collage and both places, work and collage, did not feel right and I didn't feel in place. After I quit work and collage it wasn't long that the sense of waiting and change overwhelmed me. Now heres the wired part I am 22 at the moment young, healthy, single...ladies *winks* (haha joke). When I was 21, not to long ago, I had a anxiety attack, now I have never had one before nor I'm not a man that is easily panic or scared, I am a really calm mellow person. After that I had couple of encounters with chest pains not like a heart attack or anything but a ache, it happened about three times, and those three times I also check in with doctors. They checked me out as fine and couldn't find the cause for any of this stuff and why I should be having them, so far Ive been fine*Knocks on wood*. I was really beginning to think I was paranoid, depressed or even crazy , but I just went on with life still waiting. Gobal warming, terrorism, Gas/oil getting low, Middle class war, Illegal immigrants, I kept these things in mind but what I feel there is much more BIGGER event to come. I have put that sense of waiting in the back of my head for now since my family is having financial problems soon and I will have to work again, life before feelings, right?. So the feeling is neutral for now. I am glad I am not the only person that has this sense. And I also hope that the waiting is not in vain or anything bad to come.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have had the same “waiting” feeling for as long as I can remember. Back in 1995 me and one of my old roommates Ron, and his girlfriend were up late listening to music and talking about stuff and he said to me” do you ever feel like something incredible/ world changing is going to happen in our lifetime?” “That we were born and live during a special time in history?“ As I thought about his question and my own personal “waiting” feeling I told him about how I always had a sense that I was waiting for something and I wasn’t sure what it was. Ron’s girlfriend thought we were both “smoking crack” But the more I thought about it the more I began to identify what I felt with what my old buddy Ron said about living in a special time in history.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hakii

Good post there mate. I dont think human beings even deserve to be here on this beautiful planet the way we act towards eachother and nature in the name of greed and profit.

If there is a large global disaster, I think the other creatures on this planet will only be grateful and happy we are gone. What kind of grade is that for the human race?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join