It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spaceman or Alien?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisbowman1990

Hi chrisbowman1990,

Well I for one have never heard this story before ... but then I don't get out much.
And to my knowledge we don't get too many spacemen passing through the North of England.

At first glance it does look like a toy ... but it's interesting that after all this time it still hasn't been fully debunked. So because I'm in a bit of a silly mood today I'm going to have to go with ... spaceman caught in some kind of interdimensional warp thing ... and he was visible for the split second that the photo was taken !

Ok being serious now, it is an interesting story and I shall keep an eye on this to see where it goes.

Woody

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Apparantly the photo's been checked for all fake possiblities so i'm not too sure about the doll theory etc...

Chris.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by chrisbowman1990

Hi chrisbowman1990,

Well I for one have never heard this story before ... but then I don't get out much.
And to my knowledge we don't get too many spacemen passing through the North of England.

At first glance it does look like a toy ... but it's interesting that after all this time it still hasn't been fully debunked. So because I'm in a bit of a silly mood today I'm going to have to go with ... spaceman caught in some kind of interdimensional warp thing ... and he was visible for the split second that the photo was taken !

Ok being serious now, it is an interesting story and I shall keep an eye on this to see where it goes.

Woody

Hello there. Some more information on this topic is here:

ufologie.net...

Chris.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
how about a bee keeper!???

or is that too obvious??

People have been faking photos for ages...fairies anyone??

Cottingley Fairies

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
actually it looks very similar to a radiation suit. It could be an action figure (doll whatever -_-) where they took the helmet off and flipped it around. then took a picture of the back of the toy (maybe there was something on the front.)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here is another one in 1987.

The case of the Ilkley Moor alien is one of the most controversial cases of alien abduction ever recorded in the U.K. because of the circumstances surrounding the event. At odds is the wide spread disbelief in alien abductions and the two very damning facts purporting it: the Ilkley Moor abductee was a police officer, expected to be an expert eyewitness, and the photograph of what he claims is the entity he encountered. Police officer Alan Godfrey claimed that he came across the being while crossing the Moor, in the county of Yorkshire on the morning of December 1rst, 1987. He described the being as small, humanoid and green. He seemed to have startled the creature, for it took off running before halting at a safe distance and perhaps signaling him by bending it's right arm and raising it. Godfrey was carrying a camera and snapped a photo of the being, which seemed to have caused it to run off again, this time behind a large rock formation

Godfrey gave chase, and as he rounded the rock formation he stopped dead in his tracks amazed at what was before him. A large gleeming silver domed metallic disc shaped craft stood in the clearing before him, and in an instant it shot off at incredible speed into the sky. If this story wasnt strange enough already, it was about to become more so soon. Godfrey was unable to account for two hours after the encounter, a classic sign of what is known as missing time. Secondly, the photograph of the alien was badly blurred, this is often a tactic hoaxers will use when presenting their evidence. Yet both the photo (pictured right) and the negative were examined by Kodak Film, which subsequently declared that the images had not been tampered with. Also, the officer noticed that his compass had switched polarity, it now pointed south instead of north.

The compass was examined by the University of Manchester's Institute of Science and Technology. Their conclusion: there were only two ways that this could have happened. Either the compass was inside a very strong magnetic field from a magnet, or had been subjected to a rapidly applied magnetic field or "pulsed" magnetic field generated by enormous amounts of electricity. As for the second possibility, I can find no data on what or where that type of enviornment might exist, but I gather the University thought it a very low probability. For the first it was determined what kind of magnet could cause that type of effect, however the only models of it were made in Japan and were not commercially available at the time of the encounter. Alan was not having an easy time of it either, he was worried about the missing two hours and was having nightmares that seemed to be connected to his strange meeting.

Godfrey decided to under go hypnotic regression to try and recount the missing time. At this point I would like to point out that skeptics will very often use this type of testimony to debunk an abduction claim for a variety of reasons. Yet this same type of testimony has been used as proof and has sent people to prison. Under hypnosis he was able to recount now that when he had come upon the silver craft in the clearing it had levitated him up inside of it. He described his captors as being about four feet tall "with big pointed ears and large black eyes....with three big fingers, like sausages." After apparently being examined by some type of "illuminating device" Godfrey was shown harrowing images of the earths enviornmental destruction. He was also shown another series of images which he absolutely refused to discuss, saying that he'd been sworn to secrecy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Looks like a Beekeeper on a honey farm to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The original picture is supposedly just some guy with his back turned from the camera, with his hand on his side.. slightly leaning to his right. C'mon you guys never have seen this picture before?!? It's 'older than the internet'!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The original picture is supposedly just some guy with his back turned from the camera, with his hand on his side.. slightly leaning to his right. C'mon you guys never have seen this picture before?!? It's 'older than the internet'!

Yeah that was my conclusion as well! A guy in some white gear on a hill with his back turned. Clearly human not ET.
(Nothing special.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join