It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

191 mpg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
here's a video with a vehicle that supposedly getting 191 mpg . what do you think is it true or even possible ?
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

I'm the person who got the 191mpg average during the weekend. Yes it is possible once you understand the main points of my project are for our nation to become more Nationally Secure by buying less foreign oil, and to reduce the amount of air pollution I make. My car is a Plug-In Hybrid that I built myself. My car can be driven from NY to CA using gas, and it will get around 50mpg, but I also have a large battery pack that gives me a 14 mile electric only range. I use just 4kwh, or 60 cents of Clean Domestic Wind Energy each day to propel my car.
I enjoy gas free weekends while still driving my five passenger car, and taking my family out to eat, or the movies, or even just to do the grocery shopping. The fact is that more people were interested why my car engine accidentally started one weekend and I got only 191mpg instead of not using gas at all.
Think about it, if you could have a new car, truck, or SUV that also had a 30-40 mile electric only range, wouldn’t you like not having to buy so much Dirty Foreign Oil? I convert the Toyota Prius and the Ford Escape Hybrids into Plug-in Hybrids that uses electricity to offset the amount of gas they need to use.
It is now a matter of national security to do what we can to stop our money from going into the hands of people who want to hurt us and our children. Besides that, I don’t thing burning oil in our cars and throwing it in the air for all of us to breathe is the best use of our precious natural resource.
Thanks,
HybridPlugs.com

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a little light on information, seems like anyone could make a screen say 191mpg, right? i have herd a lot of good things about plug in electric cars, this is the first time i have herd of plug-in hybrids though. Seems possible but I would have liked to see more.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What you’re not getting, is that a Plug-in car can stay in all electric and get infinite MPG. That is much better than 191mpg. I enjoy gas free weekends while still driving my five passenger car to take my family out. So now I hope you understand my car can run up fifteen miles per four hour charge that is and easy three round trips on Saturday, and again on Sunday. It is not magic it is just using electricity.

The whole point here is electricity is domestic and gas is sometimes made from foreign oil. I don’t want my hard earned cash going to people who want to hurt us and our children so now I drive a car that helps our country use less foreign oil.

Oh, and yes a screen could be made to say that, but now since you know how it works, I think you know there was no need to make that up.

new topics

top topics

join