It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Requests F-35s & C-130Js

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well it was only a matter of time till the verbal turned into written request. Israel has officially approached the US Government in a request for the C-130Js and F-35A & Bs.

The Israeli government has issued letters of request for the purchase of between three and five Lockheed Martin C-130J-30 tactical transports and an initial 25 Lockheed F-35 Joint Strike Fighters. Robert Trice, the company's senior vice-president for business development, confirmed the developments during a press conference in Tel Aviv on 22 May.

www.flightglobal.com...

I know that there had been concerns over fielding the aircraft to early with the IADF and that at one point the time frame (Israel wanted) was for them to be in Israel before the marines even had them. In the article it states the date for first shipment would be 2013-14, which seems early to me. Especially for a partner who is lower in the tier then the RAAF, CF, RAF and a number of other european countries.

On a side note also mentioned is that Cyclone Aviation and Israel Aerospace Industries are both eyeing an air force requirement for extended range capability, respectively designing new external and conformal fuel tanks. These tanks would be an interesting addition for other countries that need the 35 to have longer legs. Mind you those countries could look into producing tanks themselves as well.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its seemed from the past what Israel wants from us they get.We had no problem with the f-15s so whynot.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

The Why not is intelligence leaks that the US secret service has picked up over the past 5-10 years.

It's widely believed that a lot of technology from the Israeli Lavi program, itself based on the F-16, ended up in China's new J-10 fighter.

Its a big change for a country that has been locked out of the development of said program.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

Israeli defense industry executives are reporting that the U.S. has frozen Israel out of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter development of a program as punishment for its military cooperation with China, including its work on Harpy anti-radar attack UAVs acquired by China from state-owned Israel Aircraft Industries in 1994. Israeli Defense Ministry officials refused to confirm the report, noting only that they were in dialogue and hoped that “within its framework understandings will be reached soon.”

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What i find really odd was that thread on syria and that big order they placed to russia.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
What i find really odd was that thread on syria and that big order they placed to russia.

Care to link? What aircraft are we talking about?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
its in breaking news - and the source is debka - so pinch of salt with that one tbh

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
its in breaking news - and the source is debka - so pinch of salt with that one tbh

Well thats convenient for him since the "experts" on the matter look here for postings for the most part on any of that subject.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If the money is right then Isreal is like a sive for this type of technology.

And this "request" will be payed for by the US for sure.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Yeah I'm not sure how smart of a defense budget plan it is to have you money for it flowing from another nation thats half way around the world.

In no way am I saying they are weak as a military just that this funding of purchases by a country other then your own seems unusual but this would be the first time I was wrong.

I guess you could argue that the vietnam war and Korea migs where given in a similar fashion to this. In return for rotating pilots in for combat experience (illegally mind you).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah, also long range F-35's? No doubt trying to have the capcity to hit Iran.

Im surprised they did not request the F-22 to be honest. It would jive with thier fleet in a big way and serve as a force multiplier for thier F-15's If anybody is going to break the export restrictions its going ot be AIPAC with some $$$$ and some threats in the right ears.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

There has been rumor of the their wanting of the F-22 but personally on a leak point of view I'd rather see them with the 35 then the 22.

And if Japan can't get the 22 why would Israel be allowed too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

Exactly, If ISreal can get the -22 then Australia and Japan as well could should get it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Heres the link credit to dirkboy.Crazy times.

Exclusive: Syria places massive missile, warplane, sub order in Moscow

May 26, 2008, 9:31 AM (GMT+02:00)
Russian tactical surface Iskander-E can operate as cruise missile

Russian tactical surface Iskander-E can operate as cruise missile

DEBKA-Net-Weekly 350 has revealed that Damascus, in the process of peace talks with Israel, sent a large military delegation to Moscow, headed by air force-air defenses commander Gen. Akhmad Ratyb with an Iranian $5 billion check, to buy the latest Russian missiles, warplanes and other military hardware for the Syrian armed forces.

www.debka.com...

I already heard as of last year they been ordering mig 29s and mig 31s in the billions.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What do you mean Australia should get it if they do?
Putting us in with the Israelis and Japanese....
We always have America's back in times of war but we don't deserve the best hey?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Mockmasta]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree with au being the closest ally I got a feeling in the future it will be like the f15.They will produce the raptor more and sell it to au,japan,and israel but once they have a new production fighter in the wings and the f22 stealth will be like yesterdays f117.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The mid-east is where WW3 is going to start.

I'm not sure this thread is the place to post these thoughts. As we come to the end of the Bush (Bushelzebub) regime, the window of opportunity for neocon (Israel's zombie supporters in Washington) hooliganism in the middle east is beginning to close.

Have you weapons geeks noticed any indicators that Israel will definitely, in the waning months of the Bush administration, lower the boom on Iran's nuclear facilities? Any tell tale tip-offs?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well there is a thread devoted to bush going to attack irans nuclear facilities in august.Also israel stated if bush dont they would.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

So both heads of the two headed monster agree. That's reassuring. Of course the problem with being a two headed monster is whatever argument one of your heads gets into, the other head, no matter what it thinks, is at the very least, involved in the discussion.

Just like before WW1 in the Balkans, interlocking alliances could blow the whole thing up. Russia is the key player here.

I was wondering if any weapons watchers had noticed anything really indicative of Israel on the verge of pouncing.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
We wouldn't, Not if its the IDAF. You don't know till after the fact that they have made up their mind but on a side note as far as I'm aware they have everything they would need when it comes to modern equipment and munitions on their F-16 and 15 fleets to carry out the attacks.

top topics

join