It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your survival skills are worthless!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

you are a jerk.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have been thinking. It was wrong of me to alienate various members here on
ATS. this sort of topic would be better for a site that begins with the letter G. You guys are obviously more evolved.

I would like to now take the view that nothing will happen except survivalists will live outside society in the future. most will become luddites and reject technology or become some sort of ruby ridge or waco type of event.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy
.. most will become luddites and reject technology or become some sort of ruby ridge or waco type of event.

Oh really? You mean because we're too clever to buy your snake oil you've admitted defeat..

Oh yeah.. Survivalists at Waco??? but they're ermmm... DEAD aren't they.. Kinda the opposite to surviving..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

Your view and you are entitled to it!! ...long live differences of opinion!..

If humans didn't prepare ..we would never have got this far!!

Even the family think my partner are nuts....its not their view that counts.. and to the those that look ahead and see !... heliumboy your view is unimportant!!!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
you also do realize that no the whole world belive in GOD. So is the gonna be some sota religous justice leauge? you do relized also that the chatholic religon was predated by other religons way before people were duped into beliving in some all mighty GOD. what a joke, i do believe there is a place for unproven belief and that my friend is FICTION.

and since you believe in your god and the rules thereof, if you believe in the do onto other stuff than you just condemed all the people that dont share your belief which in turn condems yourself. I dont think god would appreicate you position concering this fable. and If there was an all powerful god and were all his children do you really think he would pick and choos the elite? Nope were all equal.

the only devine power/magik to stop any disese is all in the innoculations that would be givin by the governement and you would be just to stupid to realize the truth. Not to mention that in the past the government has tested many deadly virus's on its own people, so dont think the trust you have in the govenment will save you.

if divine angels have not come by now to save the millions of infected dying people with aids and other virus's by now there is no safe place.

i can only wish that an accident happens to the people behind the creation of such terrible disese's and soon the makers feel the wrath of which they created. it would only be fair.

and to all thoes people praying, i would suggest a new method to prey such as kneeling down with a rifle prepared to shoot, because they way you go about it now your just setting yourself up to donkey punched or shot in back of the head. no one will be there to air lift you to a safe place, in less the airlifting is your soul to the heavens if you believe that stuff.

i say bring this load of crap on.

i have seen both places of such bueaty and of destruction in this world and come to believe you make the world you live in and need to take advantage while you can.

Perverting common wisdom, is a mark of all great conspiracies ~ Dune

belief's are only subject to the enviroment you are born in to, theres a fine line between a fanitic and martyr.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!

FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER ~ DUNE

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am not admitting defeat. I think that people are very paranoid. You have no idea what you are preparing for. you are hoping for a nuke war or an economic collapse or situation x

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've kinda resisted posting in this thread. Mostly, because I didn't feel that I had anything worthwhile to add to it. Well, I've had time on my hands this afternoon, and read the whole thread and replies.

Here's the thing, and I may do a thread of my own on it....... when someone makes a statement, posed as a FACT or, even worse TRUTH, then that obligates them to either back up the facts or provide evidence toward their particular "truth". It's much more pure and sensible to pose things as ideas, invite questions or feedback. Listen, if you express things as your opinion, then there's really little to debate, but it can encourage a healthy discussion.

I don't get the sense that you sense any additional information about the future than the most of us. I'm not racking on you here, just expressing MY opinion.

My survival skills have been tested. Many times. Most were not situations that I chose, but some were. Some were somewhat extended situations. I kind of feel like you posed your topic as an attention-grabber, and that's fine. It worked, if so. It's one thing to speak about skills that you feel yourself are inadequate to adress turbulent situations. It's quite another to paint with a broad and dripping brush to try to coat everyone with a layer of worthlessness. MY TRUTH is...... we don't know the full extent of what we'll be facing in the future; the variables and possibilities are legion. What I do know is that the alternative is to stand in front of the speeding bus intentionally and say "bring it on", and h*ll, that's no way to live.

I understand your feeling of helplessness, if that's what it is. Believe me, I've been there too. The more you learn and process on your own, the more you are able to meet the challenges of the future. Survival skills aren't always about hunting, surveillance, foraging, evading capture, catastrophic sheltering, etc. Sometimes, they're about how to talk to people, how to find a middle ground, and how to identify threats that come at you with open arms and big smiles.

Maybe governments and secret societies are contriving to vanquish everyone but themselves, but if so, what a stupid thing to do..... I mean, what good is a warlord without their minions?

I take this time to provoke a shift in your thinking. Maybe, just maybe, many of us can survive. I'll tell you this much: Even if we're all toast, I'll be damned if I'll bow my head voluntarily for the axe. I will go to the next world with a clear conscience that I did all I could to protect and nurture the well-being of those I care about, and along the way..... helped out some folks who needed it. I think that's the best of who we are as a species, and I think it's what makes us shine.

Cheers

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy
..I think that people are very paranoid. ...
you are hoping for a nuke war or an economic collapse or situation x

"Just coz you're paranoid that people are out to get you doesn't mean they aren't"

NO-ONE in their right mind would hope for a Nuke War or Economic collapse..or a Tsunami..or a hurricane..

You really think that people would wish that on millions just so they could go practice setting up a camp or find 1001 uses for rabbit poo..?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
p.s. Maybe your calling is to turn this thread around, now that you've got us all thinking. Now that the blood is coursing through our veins and our fire is up, maybe you could explore the various ideas that can augment the survival of our species.

* do you make a stand or stay on the move? Is one or the other always a better choice, and why?

* How much do we REALLY need nutrition-wise to maintain life?

* What do YOU believe will occur in the future, and is that vision static, or do you think it's a probability, rather than a done deal?

Just some ideas.

As you were.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Survival skills aren't always about hunting, surveillance, foraging, evading capture, catastrophic sheltering, etc. Sometimes, they're about how to talk to people, how to find a middle ground, and how to identify threats that come at you with open arms and big smiles.

Cheers

Thanks..Starred.
I'm glad someone gets it.

A true survivalist wouldn't go LOOKING for trouble because you wouldn't SURVIVE for very long..
Unless you're Chuck Norris... I heard that he doesn't even chop his way through trees..they move out the way for him..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This topic is rather headache-inducing. What's with the name-calling, derfred33? What did your post add to the topic other than to piss off not just the OP, but the other people who are trying to have a decent conversation?

I agree a little bit with the OP's post, but his presentation of it is what turns so many people away from these types of things.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
p.s. #2 and then I'll quit pestering you HeliumBoy.

For what i'ts worth, I concur that we can't rely upon our governments to protect us. We never could, IMO. I think that was an illusion perpetrated long ago. I mean, how could they protect us? It's not the job of government anyway, much as we'd like it to be so. No, much better to strive for autonomy and create your own systems and subsystems to balance the scales in your favor.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had last year with a friend of mine. We were discussing the hurricane season, and the ramifications of preparedness and he said that I mu'st trust in the Lord. I agree, but wanted to quantify exactly what that meant. His view was that in all things, we trust God to protect us and guide us.

ME: "So, let's say a hurricane is bearing down on us, a nasty Cat 5, say, and just crawling, maybe 4 mph forward speed. Are you going to stand on the shore, unprotected and say "Save me Lord", like a leaf on the wind? Do you think that's what He wants of you?"

HIM: "ummmmm, well, no, that'd be tempting Him, don't you think? I'd go to shelter like everyone else."

ME: "So you're trusting in the Lord to do His will.... but maybe that's not consistent with what YOU want?"

HIM: "Y'know I think that's why I enjoy our conversations, you challenge me. I guess it's not so far of a leap of faith to take along a little bit of provisons, is it?"

ME:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Somebodies been watching to many zombie movies!!!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with more than 1 billion adults overweight

The good news is that as long as people keep eating french fries and burgers we'll have decades of meat left.

Just make sure to keep those clowns outta the meat pile because they'll be cracking jokes "Gee this tastes kinda funny"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join