It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your survival skills are worthless!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

You say to not prepare yet, then you say to prepare by buying Silver (and not gold or gems).

In what economy would there be for such valuables to continue to be valuable? Only goods would have value, bartered for other goods.

And since you are being air-lifted out anyways, why would you care for such material things?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It is "the truth" that only "God" will be the shelter that keeps God's chosen Safe. Ironicly, no one will believe it until it is too late. It's a matter of wills. There is eaches "your unchecked free will" and there is the true "Will of God".

The ray of sunshine? Those that are not truly "evil" will be reborn into a world based in truth and light and love.

"Evil" is the denying of God or God's will, and/or the superimposing your own will as the "will of God". That's a big error in the christstain churches.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy
if you think that you can survive the upcoming plagues, famines, wars, and nukes with your family or with a a few friends. You are sorely mistaken. The degree of intensity of the sheer horrors that are upcoming will surely shake the world up completely. I don't care how well you are stocked up even if you have silos of preps and tons of bullets you have little hope of making it through the night.
I have knowledge of the future and I know that many will form survival retreats and end up eating thier families for food. Normal people will become savage like animals.

Here we go, once again... Another self proclaimed "profit".

I think that folks like you are mentioned in the bible (whether or not you be Christian is immaterial). Sorry ... I don't remember the exact quote, but it lets on that there are going to be lots of people flapping their jaws... In so many words.

But thanks for playing.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by sigung86]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliumboy
I knew a real prophet.

the stuff about diseases and whatnot is my prediction.
but he said that someday there will be thousands of people at this place. the place will be divinely protected with angels hovering over. someday they will airlift everybody that is there away. I believed him because before he said that I got a special feeling that this location was very special.

yea sure you'll fare much better than those city folk who have no preps.

I have a thread running about how your guns and food preps will not save you.
I notice that almost all of the survivalists are preparing to live in preindustrial society conditions. i want the ability to create any sort of mechanical or eelctrical device I could dream of and fix anything. Instead of buying food preps I am making a list of barterable items. Every tom,dick, harry and thier dogs are buying the usual stuff of food and ammo. So here is my list

spices(black peppercorns, salt, cinnamon etc)
industrial materials( butyl rubber tape, types of glues, antifriction alloys, potassium ferrocyanide to case harden steel( will stop 50cal bullets)
electrical components( resistors, capacitors, coils, screws, wire, timers, solar cells)
machine equipment( engine lathe and a knee mill. Plus all measuring equipment, and tooling)
refractory materials such as alumina and silicone carbide.usefull for creating high temperature to cast metals.
chemicals( ammonium nitrate, sulfuric acid nitric acid, various catalysts, inert electrodes to do electro-chemistry.
metals( lead, tin, antimony, silver. useful for creating bullets anti friction alloys, solders. You need the ability to fine tune the composition of solders so they will work with iron and steel)
welding rods and flux ( building a welding machine is easy if you can regulate the field voltage on an automotive alternator) welding materials will command a very high premium wtshtf

You notice that everything here cost alot of money and you cannot eat. And requires substantial technical skill to use. but the quality of life that proper use of these technologies will be enormous. Instead of living like cavemen or
in squalor like other survivalist will be doing. you hold the keys to the industrial society. life will be tolerable and even enjoyable.

So you're going to collect a bunch of useless items that are expensive. Because why? Also your machinery and chemicals< One gun. Why would you collect stuff to barter with before you collect the necessities to live. You don't make much sense guy. As a prophet you should work on the sense making part. Seriously even if we believe every word you say. You completely contradict your own damn self.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So you're going to collect a bunch of useless items that are expensive. Because why? Also your machinery and chemicals< One gun. Why would you collect stuff to barter with before you collect the necessities to live. You don't make much sense guy. As a prophet you should work on the sense making part. Seriously even if we believe every word you say. You completely contradict your own damn self.

I am not a prophet. i believe that machinery and chemicals will carry you farther than a silo full of beans and rice. Lathes, mills, and chemicals are the primordial building blocks of modern society. With these you can create guns, fertilizers, farm implements, etc.

Where I am going you cannot leave the premises for several years. I want the retreat to have the ability to build things. others like yourselves will bring the beans and bullets. IT is even conceivable that becuase of the intense radioactivity from fallout eating animals and farming will be too toxic. we will have to resort to hydroponic gardens.

I am only suggesting an almost sure fire investment strategy with silver.
why not put your money into this metal and get rid of it before you enter your retreat the total economic crash will only happen when you are snug and secure at your retreat. I am hoping to have zero ounces of any metal.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have to agree. Even if you have the BEST meds in the world and lots of them, a ER room with doctors and nurses, food, water, and fuel stashed in one hell of a bunker, guarded by your own private army……You might last 2 years tops. Maybe a little longer with lots of luck. You are going to need clothing, seeds, and more ammo and guns that can fit into a 55 foot trailer. Plus parts for generators, tools, and manuals on hand to fix things that break. Batteries and solar sheets stacked to the ceiling as well. Clothing is another thing to consider. You need to buy sizes that will fit when you have lost at least 60 pounds. It just is not worth it…IMHO….Buy what you need for 90 days plus tons of ammo and a few M4s. Steal what you can for as long as you can….When you start to suffer unimaginable pain from some ailment…..Use the M4 on yourself. Have enough RX on hand to make those last couple hours bliss.

PS...I am not going to eat my kids to survive...But, I might eat someone I did not know all that well

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have to agree. Even if you have the BEST meds in the world and lots of them, a ER room with doctors and nurses, food, water, and fuel stashed in one hell of a bunker, guarded by your own private army……You might last 2 years tops. Maybe a little longer with lots of luck. You are going to need clothing, seeds, and more ammo and guns that can fit into a 55 foot trailer. Plus parts for generators, tools, and manuals on hand to fix things that break. Batteries and solar sheets stacked to the ceiling as well. Clothing is another thing to consider. You need to buy sizes that will fit when you have lost at least 60 pounds. It just is not worth it…IMHO….Buy what you need for 90 days plus tons of ammo and a few M4s. Steal what you can for as long as you can….When you start to suffer unimaginable pain from some ailment…..Use the M4 on yourself. Have enough RX on hand to make those last couple hours bliss.

PS...I am not going to eat my kids to survive...But, I might eat someone I did not know all that well

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

you might be a sitting duck. we are not.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My plan for this type of situation would be as follows:

Grab food, water, alcohol and just retard myself with countless hours of being drunk. If I were to go out, that'd be the way I'd do it.

On topic: I don't see any truth to this. Seems like another evangelical christian trying to turn people to his god. Weak attempt by using fear. If anything it shows your god is not just.

[edit on 08528 by Echo3Foxtrot]

MOD EDIT: Removed reference to illegal activity. Please see section 2e in the Terms & Conditions

[edit on 5/28/08/28 by junglejake]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Cannibalism is a lousy survival strategy. Most people in our society are loaded with diseases they do not even know about. Many people have cancer , tumours and aids. You eat those people you will be giving yourself those diseases. Not to mention many people have had chemo therapy. You eat those you will make youself very sick and possibly sterile. Don't even think about eating children because cancer is exploding among children. Then you need to think about how many of the fat slobs you are looking at as cattle eat nothing but GMO foods. I think you will do yourself more harm by eating others than you would by just learning how to forage.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We better enjoy life while we can.. we should still be prepared regardless... I am getting myself ready with a pistol, water distillers, propane, Ham radios ,IDF gas maks(protects you from nuclear fallout) anyone know the best food\source for storing?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If you want a very good representation of what might happen in a truly world-ending pandemic or disaster, you might want to look at what happened after Krakatoa - or one of its cousins (don't remember which - which led to poor crops worldwide due to an extended winter. The shortened growing season then turned into a famine - which led to a rat-borne disease known as The Plague.

The Plague wiped out entire villages, and possibly even civilizations. People really believed the Apocalypse / Ragnarok was upon them.

Connie Willis wrote a great book Doomsday Book, about this. Read it. It captures the level of fear and how micro-societies rallied to try and survive despite being convinced God had condemned them. Even the time-travelling historian succumbs to the utter despair of the times.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ahh yes a time of glory, a time to enbrace all the chaos in the world that has been previous denied buy the so called righteous. well except for the government they have alread embraced the devious tatics used to enslave the world.

BLAH BLAH BLAH,

Come on if you truely believe in this byle and think that the lord will save you, your truely mistaken, God, time, mother earth, the government , nature all kills indescriminatly, no one including your personal savior be it Jesus, vishnu, licifer, allah, or any other belief people use to ignore the world will care about your worthless life. The only savior in this world is the belief in the truth and yourself and to act passionately about humanity.

people are living piggy bank or bullet dolls for wars, sheep are way to valuable to destroy the vast majority unless they are going to be changed to make people less human and more easily manageable. Its all bout control. be glad you have the rights you do now, they wont be around long unless theirs some sorta rich person plague. all the news and propaganda is biased and is truely only more wool to pull over your eyes.

I personal would love to see something on this type of scale at least the world would truely be free again, and Nature would rule. It would be great to be bound only by laws of nature and survival of the strongest.

ohh yea think bout it if some disease kills most of the people except thoes granted amensty in the most secure place ( yea right ) then all the animals would die the ecological systems would die soon enough there would be no plant matter due to no pollenation, in turn no oxygen no food a dry desolate planet, like mars would occur. and thoes people that though they were chosed would slowly die, like animals in a trap, now that sounds like fun doesnt it? Who cares eveyone dies sooner or later dont both trying to prolong starvation YEP sounds like a life for the ignorant chosen.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mlowsley

I don't think it matters what situation x is and how people cope ...its the not going down without a fight..doing something !!..is better that than doing nothing ...just being prepared in whatever you think is right...may give you time...
We all die at sometime..no escaping that..but being prepared may give some choice at a time if your lucky!! and how and where you shuffle off this mortal coil!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
truely the best thing to do in the event of the would to have already been prepared, with frozen storages of seeds like we have in the netherlands in an ice shelf. and if your gonna be trying to aquire a hand gun you might just want to get that befor the election. and just because you have a gun doesnt meant you'll be ok, you will need training practice and knoledge to properly handle your weapon. I personally have already purchased a tried and proven military weapon that has been used since the 1930's it is a browinging High power 9mm made in beligum by frabrique National, one of the most desired pistols and was and still is used by lots of differnt countries as the side arm. If your gonna starts stocking up do some research on the ammo that available world wide so you are able to get shells in the event of a disaster. i would suggest 308 caliber or 9mm used world wide. not to metion a water purifing setup for reverse osmosis, something you can use for chemistry. not to metion as much info as possible about plants and how to extract chemicals so you can make your own medicine. and i hope you dont have a quesy stomach you will have to learn to slaughter your own food sure pealing a carrot is easy, but watch out for contaminating your meat because you accidently ruptured the urine sac of your prey.

so what do you tell people that live in a society that does not have guns a purchase away? get your machette?

personally i dont think that illusions of mass hysteria and famine/death is not condusive to healthy living, kick back and relax and enjoy really enjoy the good times you have, or in your mind the time you have left.

ohh yea wheres the proof?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think some of the many plagues are here already, ready to be evolved. Some may survive it because genes determine what diseases we may get and which ones we wont.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join