It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your survival skills are worthless!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy
Now you're making sense.

I completely agree that anyone who really wants to survive should not be tethered to a specific location. Any fortress can be overrun. While it is meet to defend your home, it is also wise to know when to retreat to elsewhere.

Things can be replaced. Rednecks can't.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i agree with Redneck, to truly survive you must be able to adapt to any situation, if this means leaving your secure location for supplies of any means, could send you across state lines even cross country. knowledge is key, know what you need and where to get it, trust me food and ammo wont be dropped off at your door by the supply fairy!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Helium, as you have dodged the question several times already I will ask you, what knowledge do you have of the future. Also man has undergone many changes and will continue to do so, we are very resourseful creatures. As for religion thats just a man made construct to control the masses and the weak minded, no amount of praying will move a bollide of its course.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Methinks your gonna get Really Thirsty after about 48 hours.

Thats 'without' armageddon.... 'even' being a factor.

If you cant prepare for at least a week on your own, you really dont deserve to make it any longer than that... "on your own". I hope for your sake that someone finds it in their heart to take you under their wing.

I believe you about the Disease and Virus issue though...

Bacteria and Single celled ALGAE ( 20,000 varieties ) at minimum are mutating AS WE SPEAK, and are becoming HIGHLY resistant to Antibiotics, Sanitizers and Oxidizers. Collodial Silver still seems to work by interfering with the DNA of the cell, and not allowing it to "line up equally" on each side of the cell. There is no signal' to the Brain of the cell to go ahead and DIVIDE when this happens. Its kinda the last ditch fix at this point, due to the mutations.
E- coli is doing some pretty interesting thigns now LATELY as well... almost as if it has an "intelligence all its own"..

Shock to everyone... there ARE bacteria that can survive hundreds of degrees of HEAT...( 600 degrees F. PLUS ) WELL over boiling point... They are HERE NOW... at the deepest reaches of the ocean in the 'Black Smokers' that we want to start mining for the Gas and Metals and Minerals that are escaping. How long do you think it will take to accidentally bring up a few Bacteria with the mined gas or minerals?

It might be closer than you think. We are already diving to these depths with Mini Subs and robotic diving rovers to FILM and Collect samples. They turn a glass collection tube upside down over the escaping gas, and capture it for analysis. Plans are for large manifolds collecting all the gas with "tubing" and venting it to a central collection poin for delivery to the surface support ships. I've seen this on "real life" film already.

I've always thought Biological was our enemy... not each other....

I think that the SOONER we all stop fighting each other, and collectively defend against the "Andromeda Strain", the Better off we will all be Physically , Spiritually and Mentally.

The "ostrich syndrome" will only protect you 'inside your own head'.... it leaves your ass totally exposed... but at least we can still hear you speak.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
trust me food and ammo wont be dropped off at your door by the supply fairy!

nooo....you can't that! everytime you do, somewhere, a Rambo-fairy dies!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
sad but so true, sad part is lots of people believe the gov. will be there to rescue them,so they dont even bother thinking about the worst case situations.
edit= spelling

[edit on 27-5-2008 by bamaoutlaw]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm really good at battle screams

But anyway, really the only people to blame are the Illuminati, who got us in this unprepared mess in the first place with their war-making money ways

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes ,you can be totally prepared and still die ,but that doesn't mean you should do nothing. If nothing else these survival forums have helped people take up good hobbies like hunting and gardening. I never gardened at all until I read these forums, although I have neglected many house plants to death. I thought I had a brown thumb. Now I have a garden full of thriving healthy plants all because of the great advice of these survival forums. I have even read posts of people who are learning how to capture their own yeast and grow it so they can make their own beer out of their own home grown hopps. Whichever survivalist figures out how to make beer once the stores stop stocking yeast and beer will become a king in the new world created by the appocalypse. The point is these forums are fun and informative.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
[

[edit on 27-5-2008 by eradown]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
if people want to eat, they had better learn some skills like fishing,hunting,farming. once store run out of food or they are to high to purchase what then will people do?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, wasn't that a nice little reading of doom and gloom. I think the OP was telling us more of what he was hoping for in terms of the end - in other words, a Hollywood like blockbuster apocolypse. That way we can go out with a bang, literally.

I agree that "survival skills" have little value beyond those who enjoy going camping, but thats mostly because no one is ever going to use them unless they live in an area prone to natural disasters - not because the doom and gloom is so bad were all going to die anyways.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

i beleive we indigo's have something to say, oh yeah what was it?

everyone thought we were insane well this guy thinks hes an alien from halo, the elites hehehehe =3

and to be honest your just saying stuff thats been said over and over and over again, you have just changed some facts >.>

dont steal other people visions then pass them over as your own *snip*.
~i dont know why im being so mean to the OP~

also, quote of the day! from ~day of the dead (2008)~
You See A Black Man With A Sharp Stick And Its Supposed To Be A Spear!?!?!

i thought it was fitting

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My, my, my...such a depressing opening post...

So all that time learning how to start fires by rubbing two boyscouts together over some dried moss was for nothing????? Damn!!

We all have knowledge of the future...we all know that there will be trials and tribulations. That's what life is, a series of challenges that must be met and overcome. Some will, of course, be tougher than others. But fortune favors the prepared as well as the brave. So I'll be prepared as I can be with knowledge, if not equipment. A prepared brain is the best survival tool there is, it worked for all of our ancestors, it'll work for us, too.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
So all that time learning how to start fires by rubbing two boyscouts together over some dried moss was for nothing????? Damn!!

what the f!ck kinda camp did you go....together...rubbing children together...

EeEeEeEeEeEeEeWwWwWwWwWw.

SERIOUSLY...that was just wrong....but very amusing

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic– Review This Link.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Richard.M.J.Palmer

I try.

Though I usually fail...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For the Record...I personaly know motorcycle clubs that have said when the "REAL" State of emergency takes place in the State Of California..WHATEVER that State of Emergency IS..They KNOW where the Christians are..and they KNOW they saved FOOD...SO WHAT!!!.
Im not a Biker or a Re-Born Christian.I Believe in Jesus Christ.
I DONT believe that Jesus Christ would deny me to the Kingdom of Heaven,if I did'nt resort to cannabalism to survive by eating my own family instead of putting a bullet in my head.
I'll take my chances.
Pretty lame thread.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow, an interesting read, I would like to know where you got this information? The part where Helium said to leave your belongs and run sounds alot like the bible, also you didn't give us a timeline like when this might happen? Like is it within our lifetime?

Personally I think people are too caught up in living this life, usually when people are revived after having a Near Death Experience they don't really want to come back cause it is so great in the afterlife.

Luke 17:33
Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Heliumboy, we ARE animals. No matter what we think, we are Mammals.

And setting up survivor camps where canabilism keeps us alive is a form of Survival. Not a very appetizing or friendly one, but a means of Survival nonetheless.

There are only a handful of creatures hardy enough to just live. The Cockroach is one. Can't really rid the world of them. They survive every climate. Radiation doesn't even seem to stop them.

Ants are pretty tough. I'm sure a complete submersion of the Earth in Water would kill most land creatures, but maybe even ants and cockroaches would find was to burrow into the land beneath the water. Who knows.

There are fish at the bottom of the ocean that were swimming with the dinosaurs.

Of all the animals to have lived, however, none are as creative and ingenious (and dangerous) as Man. Unless oxygen starved at least a small smattering (maybe a few small smatterings in different locales that have like conditions) will survive. They may be thrown back to Stone Age Times, but they will exist.

Unless the essentials of life (Oxygen, Water, some type of nourishment no matter how small) exists then so will man.

Will you or I be among them? No one knows.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You are probably right about the disaster part, as history clearly shows humans are prone to wars,fermine,pestilence and other disaters.
Its still worth trying to survive though, you make it sound so bleek

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think anyone who thinks of themself as an animal holds a low regard to their own self and is not someone who'd be my first choice of companion out there.

Yeah I know we folk have some similaraties to mammals but part of being on a higher level than animals means to better ourselves and do the right thing.
We can talk, show compassion, emotion, show ingenuity and have lasted at least ten thousand of years. I figure we'll do alright in SitX if we are in the right place at the right time.

I know that no matter how desperate the situation I'd try and keep some vestiges of civilisation alive within me and I'd hope the others I'd be with will do the same too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join