It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC-Peacekeepers abusing children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

BBC-Peacekeepers abusing children

news.bbc.co.uk

Children as young as six are being sexually abused by peacekeepers and aid workers, says a leading UK charity.

Children in post-conflict areas are being abused by the very people drafted into such zones to help look after them, says Save the Children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I read various blogs and MSM reports saying "why don't they let aid workers into Burma." Here is your answer everyone the UN literally exists to make situations worse. They never actually help. Whether its vaccines with aids in them or sterilizing a village or running guns out of the Congo(look it up it was also reported by BBC this year) you will find the UN running the show.

I hope this puts an end to the Myanmar's needs to let them in business. I know that the Junta is probably teaming with pedophiles too but i say that the UN they should be kept out until they do a "cleansing" of the bad elements if its not so systemic that its rampant. No wonder they are so angry that they aren't allowed in they are missing out.

The additional links are also on the same issue and it looks like its rampant

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This has happened before actually, there were plenty of allegations and I think even some charges levelled at UN Peacekeepers in Bosnia during the 1990's who were accused of sexually abusing young girls and even running prostitution rackets over there.

The UN is a hopeless façade, their not United and they don't have authority over any nation, that's the problem right there.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Shameless creatures; how on earth they could do this to starving kids? The kids hardly know anything and they are forced to do this for food; It is food man, with out that there is no survival; I wanna ask this culprits "how would they feel?" if they come to know the same with one of their close relatives. UN must look into this very seriously and take severe action against them. I am really sad to read this news. Help the kids ATS members; instead of making a six page thread on Iran please post on this thread about your opinion; let the authorities know it and take some action.

Thanks for posting it before I do @ Beefcake

Charity: Aid workers raping, abusing children

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Humanitarian aid workers and United Nation peacekeepers are sexually abusing small children in several war-ravaged and food-poor countries, a leading European charity has said.

Children as young as 6 have been forced to have sex with aid workers and peacekeepers in return for food and money, Save the Children UK said in a report released Tuesday.

Source

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

I hope this puts an end to the Myanmar's needs to let them in business.

Its more complicated than that. There is no incentive for the military government of Burma to give aid its desperate and starving population. We simply cannot trust them to give out millions of dollars in food, water and supplies.

Is the UN the solution, not when its these turkeys running the show. But what you seem to be suggesting is that we let the aid pile up on the door step and hope the government does the right thing.

Remember Somalia.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

There was a program on channel 4 last night on somalia.

There are dudes running that place who have nice suburbian homes in the U.K - apparently the guy in charge of their intelligence group used to work in TESCO.

They even had a fun and catchy name for it "The warlords next door" - implying that the guy who lives next to you has secret plans for taking control of a country undergoing civil dispute (like somalia is).

Anyway, let's not beat about the bush here;

There is a serious problem with the way people are acting in a position in which they are relied on as support in times of need.

A crime which in my eyes should probably be worth life imprisionment, or even the death penalty if possible.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is just wonderful, isn't it?

Not only do these regions get severely neglected, but when we do go in to "help" them, we further violate them.

I can only hope those guilty of these crimes are thrown in the worst slum prison on the planet where their cell mates can deny them food for the same damn purpose.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Doesn't surprise me at all.

But I mentioned Somalia because its militant government seized food shipments during one of the biggest reported famines in modern history.

I was drawing parallel between the two governments untrustworthiness.

new topics

top topics

join