It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overclocking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Who here does it?

I got my Dual Core AMD from 2.8 to 3.1 without pushing too hard. And I have tweaked my GPU also.

Tried to fiddle with the ram pin timings but ended up just having to reset my BIOS (won't be doing that again).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I over clocked my Pentium D 3.0 to 3.3 the other day, I've read however I shouldn't over clock past 3.5 without uber air cooling and if I want to be crazy and over clock to 4.0 I need water cooling.

To be honest I don't currently need the extra umph with my processor and I noticed the most difference when purchasing a couple of extra Gig of RAM, as I get the extra RAM which on its own is nice but my current graphics card runs at 256MB normally but can use an additional 256MB of on board memory if the computer has over 1GB of RAM.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have my Core 2 Duo E6550 sitting at 3.1 from 2.4.... I also have my gpu OCed as well but I cant remember the clocks of that.
I probably shouldnt push my gpu too hard.... its only a 2600 pro and they seem to overheat really quickly. lol.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by funky monk]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

wouldnt you just be asking for errors? that is if your CPU cant handle it,
more data going in then can be error checked

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

From overclocking? No.

You just need to worry about overheating mostly (and that's easily avoidable).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have an older P4 1.7ghz, got that up to 2ghz. Tweaked my memory a long time ago, have noticed a little speed increase. And have a really old GForce 3 card that I've got pumped to the max, installed a good fan on it, runs like a champ on older games that don't require pixel shader 2.0. Yeah I know, I'm poor. =P

new topics

top topics

join