It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Andromeda Strain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Just got done watching the Andromeda strain. Still not complete yet, as it is concludes tomorrow.

A little background:

A U.S. satellite crash-lands near a small town in Utah, unleashing a deadly plague that kills virtually everyone except two survivors, who may provide clues to immunizing the population. As the military attempts to quarantine the area, a team of highly specialized scientists is assembled to find a cure and stop the spread of the alien pathogen, code-named Andromeda

AETV

It looks like this is a movie remake of the show. Just wondering, if this actually happened, what would the average Joe do about it?

Anybody else out there, watching the show?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Predictive programming, enough said.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I was really HOPING to catch this show tonight.
I ended up taking my kid to see the new Indianna Jones and the Crystal Skulls instead............it was a good show but I liked IRON MAN way better.
I hope A&E will show ANDROMEDA STRAIN again.......

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

It is on repeat all night!!!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
thanks for the post,. i just did a search and found that part one is repeating a few times before part 2 starts. i set them both to record.

again thanks for the headsup

Edit to add: i think imma go see indiana jiones today after work

[edit on 5/27/2008 by keeff]

JbT

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good T.V. so far.

Not like, the best movie ever, but for T.V. its a great break from the typical Family Guy >> Seinfeld >> Robot Chicken repeats.

Would I recommend it for purchase on DVD? No, just watch it when they repeat it.

Just wondering, if this actually happened, what would the average Joe do about it?

I would guess there is nothing to do theoretically [SPOILER WARNING]... We know its not of this planet, or at least not found here before (No DNA or Protien as the Wild Fire team found out, and seems to grow from radiation).

All you could do is hope your far enough away and the government stops it fast enough.

Though, we still have the the baby and the one guy who took alot of meds of a certain type. You could bet that there might be something to that forshadowing in the final part.

Predictive programming, enough said.

I guess so, but its hard to surprise people these days. Evey plot has been used and rehashed a million times. Its not worse than any other movie, IMO.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Parts 1 and 2 are both on tonight.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm curious to find out roughly how close to the book they are following. I found the book pretty decent myself.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't have AandE so I have not been able to watch it. But the original movie I thought was great. It remains on of the most memorable movies I have seen. Hopefully I will be able to see the remake on dvd or perhaps on line some where. If it gets on line please send me a link.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I really enjoyed it, The way that they brought it into modern standards was interesting. I thought that the coke snorting reporter a started out good but his character fizzled out after he snorted. '

If you are into secret ops and coverups, it was thought provoking. Without giving it away I did like the way that it all came together in the end.
'

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I went to see Indiana Jones last night, but caught it on A&E when I got home.
It is good.
Very scary scenario, but I agree with the anon..poster above.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Notice how they kept a strain of it. Protected it. Just like the government still does today.

The show kept some things real. They threw words in there like homeland sec. act and how they can detain you and crap. So they was also making a statement with this movie or trying to open people's eyes up a little.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

A lot of movies these days mention the homeland security act or the patriot act. It seems as though they are trying indirectly to shed some light on these issues.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It was a very good miniseries. Very believable.

- Maban

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just finished watching it now. I had DVR'd both episodes of it and spent some time on the couch going through it today. I thought it was really good and really opens the eyes to some possibilities in the future.

Good writing, good acting for the most part, and a great ending.

That scene where Benjamin Bratt is hurt and trying to stop the countdown was a little overly dramatic and played out for way too long.. but if only a few seconds of a film annoy me then I'm satisfied.

I'd recommend it.

Anyone think the President in the film had a cheap Bill Clinton accent?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL I said that too.

I thought it was awful!!!! I could not figure out why they did that part at all!!!

The only 2 bad parts about the movie was when he threw the thumb up and the guy actually caught it!!!

and the part you said. Other than that is was alright.

Like I said they brought in a lot of what the government is doing today.

Including cameras everywhere!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I just finished watching it.
Overall I did like it. I can't say I will like it as much as the original movie. I did not like the role the reported played in it. I also thought the count down scene was overly done. I like how they tried to show where it came from more in this one then the original. I will say it is worth seeing to those who have not seen it yet.

new topics

top topics

join