It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is that one spider that can live inside you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What is that one spider that can live inside you?

I remember hearing about a spider one time that can crawl inside your body when you are asleep, and it can live inside you. I heard that it feeds off your insides until you die.

What is this spider called? I'm pretty sure I saw it on the Discovery channel once.

Anyone have any info on it?

dz

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i dont know, but i just felt compelled to tell you that because of your link i did download mozilla

i've used linux for years and years, and it never really clicked to me to switch over to mozilla for the tabbing.. that's one of the major things i've missed since using this winxp box

i still have a linux box; i use both computers since i have all my web projects on my linux computer. but windows is a requirement because of certain programs.

anyways, just thought i'd let you know

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sounds creepy and cool in a way, yeah i'd like to know as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is probably just another spider myth, such as that of "daddy-longlegs spiders" being very poisonous but having too small of fangs to penetrate human skin.

spiders.ucr.edu...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here are some more spider myths:
www.washington.edu...

That supposed pet Black Widow spider that killed it's owner - www.abovetopsecret.com... - probably didn't actually die from the bite. He must've died some other way. If the police found him covered and being eaten by creepy crawlies, then there is no way they couldn've determined if he died from a black widow spider (he is after all being eaten by probably hundreds of insects and arachnids). The odds of him dying from a black widow spider bite are very slim. I think (if this story is true, there is no link) he probably just died of natural causes, his creatures escaped from lack of supervision (he's dead after all), and what better place for food then a decomposing body?

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
here is a good site on the myths
www.washington.edu...
up until now i thought those spiders could put their eggs in the skin and then burst out later... Maybe I am just gulible

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dz
i dont know, but i just felt compelled to tell you that because of your link i did download mozilla

i've used linux for years and years, and it never really clicked to me to switch over to mozilla for the tabbing.. that's one of the major things i've missed since using this winxp box

i still have a linux box; i use both computers since i have all my web projects on my linux computer. but windows is a requirement because of certain programs.

anyways, just thought i'd let you know

Well that's just awesome. Mozilla deserves recognition; the Mozilla team has worked hard on it. It's much better than IE isn't it?

No one has info on this spider? I thought it was an australian spider or something.

top topics

join