It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Foundation of Barack Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Barack Obama's 23 year relationship with Rev. Jeremiah Wright offers a deeper perspective into Obama's psychology that many people are unaware of.

It is common knowledge that Wright made politically charged comments ("God Damn America") and that when these surfaced in the media Obama decided to denounce him. Shortly after, Obama wrote and delivered his excellent "A More Perfect Union" speech.

Fortunately for Obama, what has not become common knowledge is the true extent of his relationship with Wright, his "senior spiritual advisor", and what ideologies fueled the sermons Obama sat through for 23 years.

Listen to Ambassador Ken Blackwell. Listen to the quotes from James H. Cone's book that Wright consistantly preached from. And then, make up your own mind if Obama had a genuine change of heart in the months between calling Wright his senior spiritual adviser and his family, to denouncing him as the absolute opposite of the way he views the world.

"Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." Think about that sentiment carefully.

Obama first said that he hadn't ever heard Wright's controversial comments before. Obama later stated, "Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes."

How does Obama pull off his apparent innocence? Listen to Democratic Senator Mike Gravel's take on it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
History continues to teach about civil rights, voting restrictions, and affirmative action, and this sentiment is drilled deeply from within the person. This energy has never been mended, and life has unfolded according to people's ability to ignore the elephant in the room.

Just because someone can relate on a portion of a truth, doesn't mean they are equal in their interpretation. I have had uncles that had beautiful hearts, however when it came to blacks, they would turn their cold chins. And on some occasions, they would rant racial diatribe against all open ears. I still loved them, and looked passed their insecurities.

Obama can relate to racial inequality, because there are reasons, but it doesn't mean he has to endorse Wright's way of relating. Also, they truly have a definition of "community," something that most american whites don't understand.

I look forward to the future to see if your assertions are true. I wouldn't bet on it.
What? I don't gamble.

AAC

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
This energy has never been mended, and life has unfolded according to people's ability to ignore the elephant in the room.

Well pointed out. I'll also note that while life tries to survive, spirit is preoccupied with bringing energies out ultimately for acknowledgement and mending. This is a culmination and manifestation of America's greatest elephant, for good or for bad, it will be a learning process.

...It doesn't mean he has to endorse Wright's way of relating.

I had a feeling this would be invoked. I agree guilt by association is never absolute. Perhaps Obama's Wright problem could be analogous to SteveR's Menguard. No offence intended if he reads the thread, it is about conflicting philosophies and the misinterpretable willingness to relate.

I look forward to the future to see if your assertions are true. I wouldn't bet on it.
What? I don't gamble.

No assertions, only perspectives. You know where rejecting God's love leads you. If he has internalized that under a deceptive innocence, I will say "I told you so."

new topics

join