It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

passions my a**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
However, the crusades were a response to Muslims pressing and forcing westward. A number of them actually reached Spain and started to take over. Now, I doubt the crusaders didn't do anything wrong, but they were making sure the Muslim forces didn't completely take over. Obviously they were successful.

Sorry buddy you got your facts wrong here. To totally different time periods. The muslins did conquer Spain and most of the Mediterranean for 800 Years. The crusades came way later. But they don't tell you that in the history books. How do you think people in Mediterranean Europe got "olive" skin. Let's just say it took 800 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
[Also, there are some accounts that aren't in the bible, because they were never meant to be, for one reason or another. there are various reasons of credibility and such. the books that are actually in the bible are the most credible and pertinent out of all the documents of the various time periods.

That's because they chose not to put them in!!!!!. What don't they want you to see!?!?! The book of Mary Magdalene was a very important book. She was one of Jesus closest complains/disciples. He reveled his most complex teaching to her because he felt the other disciples wouldn't understand as well as her.

What did the catholic church do?!?!? Painted her as a prostitute and left her book of the �bible�. In their eyes and world there was no place for a woman.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The Muslims conquered Spain and brought forth 800 years of knowledge, peace, and prosperity between all three Abrahamic religions... so what was so negative about the Muslims pressing westward?

Islam brought Europe out of the Dark Ages. If you forgot, it was Christianity that put Europe into the Dark Ages.

Please tell me what was so negative about the Muslims moving to Europe?

BOOM hit another one on the head. Islam brought Math and science to Europe.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Muhammad didn't even exist until six centuries after Jesus.

Mu�ham�mad ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-hmd, -h�md) also Mo�ham�med (m-, m-), 570?-632 A.D.

Arab prophet of Islam. At the age of 40 he began to preach as God's prophet of the true religion. Muhammad established a theocratic state at Medina after 622 and began to convert Arabia to Islam.

So if Muhammad is known as the forefather of Islam, then how could have Islam existed in Jesus' time?

Because he claims that what he was preaching was the religion of Abraham. It might have been lost for a while but I see what your saying. It just wasn�t on the forefront but it still existed. Even way before Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join