It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

passions my a**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This film was made over a period of 12 years. It just so happened that it came out while we're in conflict with muslims.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i agree with you on the fact that it isnt going to throw the country into an uproar. but what small percentage will fall for this subliminal crap, is too much. what it boils down to is the biest in the american media.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
well, twelve years ago, the gulf war was winding down or maybe already ended by the time the movie came into production.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't really like muslims.

Their religion seems like a joke to me. Full of needless violence. I certainly wouldn't want to believe in a religion with all this unneccessary violence and hatred.

Then again, I think the Mormon religion is a joke too... but I won't go into details why so I won't piss someone off.

I generally don't like muslims either. Nor do I like many christians for that matter. They are very simular in many ways - they kill in the name of god, they try and ram their beliefs down your throat, they tell you you'll go to hell for not believing what they believe. I'm sick of people doing rash things in the name of god. I'm also sick of people distorting the true teachings of jesus and muhammed, and twisting them for their own gain.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Slayer]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Slayer, you shouldnt generalize everyone in that catagory. I believe in god, but by no means do I push anything down peoples throat. In matter of fact, I cant stand that either. I think your focusing to much on hard core believers than your average everyday person.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer

I generally don't like muslims either. Nor do I like many christians for that matter. They are very simular in many ways - they kill in the name of god, they try and ram their beliefs down your throat, they tell you you'll go to hell for not believing what they believe. I'm sick of people doing rash things in the name of god. I'm also sick of people distorting the true teachings of jesus and muhammed, and twisting them for their own gain.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Slayer]

Hmmm, okay.

Muslims don't try to ram Islam down people's throat.

Have you ever met one who has?

Now, there is a difference between educating someone about Islam and raming it down their throat.

Muslims tend to educate people on Islam and most of the time it's because they are asked to.

That happens with me all the time.

Hmmm.

Islam doesn't say you have to be a Muslim to go to heaven.

It doesn't say you'll go to hell if your not a Muslim.

That is Christianity.

In the Qur'an it says Jews, Christians, and Muslims will have their reward with God in Judgment Day.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In the koran it says.

"" all who believe in God and the last day will go to paradise ""

and the rest will go to hell, which is mentioned in the kora for infidels.

(we) are the infidels illmatic.

I could give you passages claiming christians to be infidels oer and over in the koran, so how can we have a reward when we are idolators?

you cant have it both ways.

you cant say hell exist for infidels which the koran does, yet say infidels have a reward which we are.

How can muslim, jew, and crisian have a reward when we all don't believe the same doctrine?

God is one, his belief is one, and he has one saviour and one sacrafice, so if this is true then is God divided?

I also agree that noone should be hated or have teir religion forced on anybody. if someone asks sincerely, then you reveal.

peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

In the koran it says.

"" all who believe in God and the last day will go to paradise ""

and the rest will go to hell, which is mentioned in the kora for infidels.

(we) are the infidels illmatic.

I could give you passages claiming christians to be infidels oer and over in the koran, so how can we have a reward when we are idolators?

you cant have it both ways.

you cant say hell exist for infidels which the koran does, yet say infidels have a reward which we are.

How can muslim, jew, and crisian have a reward when we all don't believe the same doctrine?

God is one, his belief is one, and he has one saviour and one sacrafice, so if this is true then is God divided?

I also agree that noone should be hated or have teir religion forced on anybody. if someone asks sincerely, then you reveal.

peace.

Truth, everything you know about Islam is taken striaght from those anti-Islamic websites.

That is the difference between you and I.

Me, I used to be a Christian so I know exactly what I'm talking about and my info does not come from anti-Christian websites.

Truth, have you ever read the Qur'an? And I mean the true Qur'an, not the American version of it. I think not.

Because if you have you'd know what the Qur'an says when it reads Jews, Christians, and Muslims have their reward with God.

We all believe in the same doctrine, it's Christianity that has screwed up.

Please get it straight.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Their religion seems like a joke to me. Full of needless violence. I certainly wouldn't want to believe in a religion with all this unneccessary violence and hatred.

Then again, I think the Mormon religion is a joke too... but I won't go into details why so I won't piss someone off.

That's every religion pal...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
what does the (real) koran say about their reward, tell me?

"" we all believe in the same doctrine ""

Ok. How come jews don't take jesus as a prophet? ask any rabbi and they will tell you they do not consider jesus a prophet, this is why he was crucified because he was a false prophet.

Yet, muslims do accept him as a prophet.

this is a major difference that God canno be the head of two spereate beliefs.

peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows, Islam didn't exactly exist when Jesus was around.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I can't wait for the muslims to make a Crusades movie. I think that one will be as much of a hoot...

Seriously, folks I saw this movie today. It did not live up to it's hype. This was not a truly great film. This will not rank up there with the true classics such as Citizen Kane or even a cult smash Chasing Amy. This movie is good...maybe even better than most of what is out there, currently. This movie really is not great.

From a film critics perspective, I somewhat disliked it. It showed plenty of indy roots. It was not a conventional film like Mel's previous one. The music, face it, was not appropriate for the film. Just the natural movement of it did not reflect what type of emotion was trying to get through. Jim Caviziel did not do a great job playing the man JC. He was alright. Monica Belluci seemed somewhat lost in her character. The only stand out acting was, IMO, the man who played Pontius. He did a wonderful job.

The small religious side of me hates this movie. What did this film accomplish? Did all the gore and violence of this film really get anything done? No. This movie did nothing to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and what he did before he was crucified and died for our sins. This movie is promoting the same thing that Catholicism is about. It shows the bloody grit and sacrifice before it even begins to talk about the good things of Christ. Yes, I know this is a Passion Play, but dammit, why don't people care about what he taught and believed, instead of a sacrifice. Or how about how he treated the lepers like people too. Oh well, lost myself in the rant. Yes, I know Christianity is all about the love that he had for people and that love allowed him to die for our sins. It's like talking about all of Gandhi's hardships and not talking about all the good he did. I know this is a debateable subject, which is more important, but I think we focus too much on this small portion of an incredible's man life instead of his true compassion towards humanity other than the whole crucifixion.

I think I lost myself in that one...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I agree with your rant. I just wish he'd chose something different. I wish he chose the life of Christ--or at least put his death in historical context. This movie has no context is just BOOM in ya face. There is nothing there to learn or teach. Doesn't matter how you die--it's how you live.

Don't be afraid of this movie. It isn't going to change one thing for folk that aren't christian. I saw it with my momz and she loved it she's penacostal, and like the catholics, they love the death of christ...they talk about it all the time. They use it to scare you into submission, and I believe this is why folk are dragging their kids into see it. It gets a big fat
for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Salaams All,

I went to see the movie not long ago, and i think that the greatest part about Jesus is not when he died(We Muslims dont believe he died), but more when he lived and the things that he tought, and how nice and kind the man was, this movie didnt at all move me in any way, and its not because i am Muslim, its because all it did was make angry at the Jewish Rabbis, anyone else had this feeling??
i have seen alot of Jesus(pbuh) films and some were good, they showed you how he lived and what he tought, but at the end they showed the same thing as The Passion, just not in reat Detail.
But really, i know why now as a Muslim why it is bad to potray the Image of Christ, this only causes more problems. Here in Australia i heard that in one cinema, there was a brawl between 2 Church groups about the movie, And this is a good thing to anyone??

I was talking to my manager at work the other day, and she asked me what i thought about the movie, and i tolled her what i thought, then i went on and saying that we shouldnt potray the image of any Prophet, then she asked me, How else can they do a movie without showing there faces, i asked her if she wanted to see "The Message"-The story of Islam, she asked is it about Muhammad, is said yes, then straight away she said "No". I was thinking, "Man this sux", there is no open mindness of other religions anymore, this also aplys to some Muslims that i have met in my days, they are also following false teachings Mixed with Traditions about Islam, and its so hard to tell them otherwise.

To the people that say that Religion is the cause for war etc etc....
I wish to ask something:
Do you honestly believe that if there was no Religion, there wouldnt be any wars at all??

I mean comon guys let be real here, if there was no religions, we would still be makeing up our own Gods and Tribes as the Arabs did before Islam came to them, they would still be burying there daughters alive in the desart.

You see in the Noble Quran it does tell us about war, BUT there are strick Rules on how we fight the enemy.

So how can you compare a "Muslim Terrorist" as the Media call them, how can you say they are followers of the Noble Quran?

It would be silly of me to blame Christianity for what Pinochet(Satan) did, he kill and persicuted many of my people, friends of my father and mother.
Hes for sure, not a follower of Christ, infact he probly didnt even pick a Bible in his life!!

Thanks

Sebs

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blade-of-vengence
did the release of "the passions of the christ" come out to rally the christian community into a hatred for the general muslim community.

I dont see how this is possible

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You want violence and strife? Read what Jesus had to say in this hidden gnostic text.

"I was not brought here to bring peace, but to bring the way of fire and the sword and war amongst the nations".

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This is sad, but you are not to blame... I only ask that you go outside of Western press, and try to learn what Muslims actually are like.

The majority of them, are very nice, and peaceful people, but they are hardly the newsworthy ones. No, instead you see the 10% or so minority, that preach hatred... This is the exception, not the rule.. I know, I lived over there, as an American, for years.

Learn about someone's religion before you bash it... Note: I am not a Muslim, nor a Christian.

I also fail to see how this has anything to do with the Passions of the Christ. It was the Jewish clergy, not Muslims, who wanted him crucified....

This was certainly a gory, and disturbing movie...powerful to many, but a little over the top, as any man suffering that kind of punishment, would have bled to death before ever carrying a cross....

The most interesting additions, being the tormentors of Judas, and the enigmatic Satan....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard. You must of for got the Crusades. And VIOLENCE!!!! the "Holy" Roman catholic church had an Army!!!! They killed more people that "terrorist" ever will. Get you facts straight.

P.S. I think Mel Gibson should donate the proceeds to charity. That is if he really follows the teachings of Jesus. But EliteXizer you disgust me with your baseless comments. looks at the history of your own religions before you go around judging others

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You do know there were no Muslims around when Jesus is said to have lived, right?
Jesus, dead at 33 AD.
The Muslim religion began over 600 years later.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

what does the (real) koran say about their reward, tell me?

"" we all believe in the same doctrine ""

Ok. How come jews don't take jesus as a prophet? ask any rabbi and they will tell you they do not consider jesus a prophet, this is why he was crucified because he was a false prophet.

Yet, muslims do accept him as a prophet.

this is a major difference that God canno be the head of two spereate beliefs.

peace.

There you go again!!! You really need to change your name from truth to opinion. I have read the Koran and not once has the word infidels came across my eyes. Can you say miss translation. It does not call Jews and Christians infidels. It says that they don't except Islam. Not practicing it but accepting it as a viable religion. In fact it say the evil doers will received everlasting torment. It doesn�t even mention hell as a place.

Jew accept "Jesus" as a prophet but not the savior. There is a difference. Moses was a prophet too but not the Savior. They believe that the savior hasn't came yet. I hope you will stop talking about things you know nothing about. Please do some type of research before you post. You make your self look like a closed minded zealot

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join