It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

passions my a**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
did the release of "the passions of the christ" come out to rally the christian community into a hatred for the general muslim community. all of a sudden, i have noticed these "born agains" all around my, and if i even hint towards the idea that the whole movie was a joke, they tell me i am going to go to hell. if im wrong, please tell me, otherwise, rally the troops.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't really like muslims.

Their religion seems like a joke to me. Full of needless violence. I certainly wouldn't want to believe in a religion with all this unneccessary violence and hatred.

Then again, I think the Mormon religion is a joke too... but I won't go into details why so I won't piss someone off.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What's the big deal?
Have you actually seen the film, blade-of-vengence?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I saw the film.

Quite graphic, it was.

I found it to be quite boring actually...

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
yeah, i saw it the opening day, and needless to say, it didnt "touch" me like everyone else. this self-gloification makes me sick. you never hear about allah, confusius, buhdah; just jesus. on top of that, we are in a conflict with a country that is primarily muslim. the general public have this idea that muslims are bloodthirsty hetians. has everyone forgot the witch trials, the crusades, slavery in the us. must have. this whole "we're right, you're wrong s***" really gets too me.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is.. it's a brutal film in that regard.

How does the film rally Christians against Muslims, blade?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
man the hate just don't end.

if someone says you are going to hell, then they will be judged harder than you, for judging someone they don't know.

peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The reason you hear so mych about Jesus is that 90% of the US is of the Christian faith. If we were a largely populated muslim country I am sure it would be the other way around. Just be glad that in our country you can freely talk about various religions.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
have any of these terrorist that have attacked the us been christian or muslim parrhesia. with this little pep talk given by mel, one can not help but to think of the religious subject when validating this conflict.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm wondering, blade, because I've seen the film, and don't recall any mention of muslims in there.

While I do understand what you're trying to say, I don't see how The Passion of the Christ is rallying people against muslims, because it dealt with Jews, not muslims.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
They were muslim and so is OBL and most of the other terrorist groups stated as terrorists by the state department. What exactly does a film about Jesus in the worlds largest movie market have anything to do with that situation? Please explain.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
no,no,no. i may have beared more witness to my statements than you have. its not like the film actually says muslims are bad, what im saying is that this film reminds christians what their religon is. with this in mind, they go home and watch the news. and if a person is a terrorist, the media tries to remind you that the person is of the muslim faith. plus, in iraq, the media will always talk about certain pockets of muslim radicals killing us troops. and one way to turn a population against another is to distinguish the differences in the two. in this case, religon is the difference.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would like to think even if the film does inspire more people to become actively involved in christianity, the largest portion of them do have common sense and can tell the difference between good and bad muslims. I think eventually this will turn into a full fledged holy war, but this film will have nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm well aware that the movie says nothing about Muslims being bad.
So does what you just described apply to those of Jewish faith as well? Since we're speaking of the implication of the movie and all....

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
to my knowledge, no, we are not currently at war or in conflict with any jewish nations. besides, one of our strongest allies is Israil.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Certainly. But if you're talking about implications that are indirectly brought about by viewing the film, what about possible direct implications, such as the film showing the Jewish people having Jesus crucified.
You know, all those cries about potential anti-semitism stemming from the film.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
Their religion seems like a joke to me. Full of needless violence. I certainly wouldn't want to believe in a religion with all this unneccessary violence and hatred.

Come on. Dont even get me started. ALL RELIGIONS ARE FULL OF HATRED AND VIOLENCE. Just look at the history of every religion. The Catholics are the last ones who should be talking # about muslims.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
youre not looking deep enough, its doesnt have to do entirly with what was up on the screen. its how the ppl react once they hear about these "horrible" muslims. and how they deal with it. and to answer your question, those rumors were started in hollywood before the release by ppl who hadnt seen it.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
I don't really like muslims.

Then again, I think the Mormon religion is a joke too... but I won't go into details why so I won't piss someone off.

You need to be banned due to your stupidity and ignorance.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, but there are indirect implications (such as the one you speak of) and direct implications (such as a supposed fear of an increase in anti-semitism). I think you should address both, not just one, even if one proves to be unsubstantiated at present.

Anyway, I don't think this film is going to have a large impact on peoples image of Muslims. Nor do I think there will be a backlash against Jewish people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join