It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take "Under God" out of the pledge- a Christian perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am a Christian and I think the words "under God" should be taken out of the pledge. My reasoning is this: my God takes enough crap, and I think it would be better if he were not associated with a country that has a reputation like America's. My God takes enough heat with the "churches brainwash children", and I think it best if he is sepperated from the brainwashing that is the Pledge of Alleigance.

Might as well take "In God We Trust" off of money too. Why associate him with something that causes such greed and hatred amongst man?

This is just my 2 cents. Does anyone agree, or disagree?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to tell you, but religion has been associated with power for hundreds of years now. Power causes more greed and hatred amongst men than money.

Seriously though, the concept of 'God' has been associated with some really bad stuff since long before the US was a sparkle in the British Empire's eye. And as long as there a nutjobs running around claiming to do things in God's name, God will continue to be associated with negative things.

I get what you're saying, and respect the intent, but you're fighting a losing battle. I would focus on a battle that you actually have a chance of winning.

join