It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side Of Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hi
I found this interesting video about google, it centres around googles funding of 23andme.com, a company who will offer cheap genetic kits to "shed new light on your distant ancestors"
www.23andme.com...
Potentially Google has the power to store and share this data, they run massive mainframe computers making Home Office database's look like calculators
Video also clams Googles co-operation with the CIA and FBI, and its collection of user data from g-mail emails.

link to the video
www.youtube.com...
and the site the video is taken from
www.masterplanthemovie.com...

related news articles
"Why Google Whats Your Genes"
www.telegraph.co.uk.../connected/2007/10/06/dlgoogle06.xml

www.techcrunch.com...

"Google accused of bio-piracy"
news.zdnet.co.uk...

Thanks

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Great find, I will definately be reading these and coming back to comment. I have always been suspicious of schools drug testing our children myself. I mean, to me it clearly is about data storage, dna collection, and for what? I always refused to allow them to violate my childrens privacy in these ways. People are such lemmings and sheeple I can see those with money to burn doing this for bragging rights on poker night, not even thinking just a layer deeper to who will now access to this information, and how it could potentially be used against you.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beefeater

very interesting. Is there any proof that google does own the genetics web site? The domain name is registered by Network Solutions, so unless there's a link between the companies I don't see any link to google.

On a related note, Google just built a huge data storage center in my hometown, so they most definitely have the ability to store plenty of DNA info (we're talking acres of servers).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It could be tied into this:

Google ventures into health records

Google Inc. will begin storing the medical records of a few thousand people as it tests a long-awaited health service that's likely to raise more concerns about the volume of sensitive information entrusted to the Internet search leader.

The pilot project to be announced Thursday will involve 1,500 to 10,000 patients at the Cleveland Clinic who volunteered to an electronic transfer of their personal health records so they can be retrieved through Google's new service, which won't be open to the general public.

I have to say Google will be the next Umbrella corporation. (Resident Evil)

I wonder what else Google Labs is up to?

Google Labs

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beefeater

Thanks for sharing that.. Now let me share this with you..
The word google implies baby speak.. or something a small child would say.. There for we get a cozy comfy feeling that this site is harmless.
Like a baby! Its part of the mind set to make us feel safe when you use google.
Google is a great tool! It can be used for good, and it can be used for evil. Like everything in this world.

However babies are not evil.. And they are pure.. But the word google when processed by the mind, makes us feel as if its pure, and harmless.

As you know, its far from either being pure, or harmless..

new topics

top topics

join