It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God just give up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why has God stopped performing miracles in broad daylight ever since Jesus died? Did God just give up? Did God die with Jesus?

If you want to make a name for yourself then you have to do things that people notice are done by you, and ever since Jesus died, it seems God has either died also or went into exile.

I dont see any miracles with gods name on them because hes not here right now, these miracles that happen are called good fortune, because if they were acts of God, God would actually have to be there to perform the act,

dont you think?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Let us, just for argument sake, agree that the whole "Jesus" came a walking event happened 2000 years ago. 2000 years ago what did Native Americans think of "Jesus"? Hopefully you're dealing in a shared reality and realize that there should have been no way that native americans knew of Jesus 2000 years ago. Mainly because the "Jesus tour" was happening on the other side of the world and there was no broadcasting nor internet back then.

Such stupid questions are only weak fule to suport dull and pointless points. It's no wonder no one is responding to this thread as the average inteligentce quotive for ATS users is much higher then that question requires.

There are things that are going on now that are hidden away from the eyes of mankind.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wondered about that too.

I read the Bible and worshipped God, but I never got any
response from him. Just talk to me, or show me some proof
I'm worshipping correctly, something physical you know.
Then I started thinking, God never told me to read the Bible,
people did, I studied the Bible because other people did and thats
what I was taught.
Also, I dont see anyone performing real miracles, only the shows on
TV where the pastor puts his hands on someone and they fall over, what
a show that is.

So anyway, God talks to many people in the Bible, its very easy for him
to do that and perform miracles for them, why cant he for me.
It wouldnt even require him to lift a pinky to do something like that, why
arent I worthy enough for him.
So I decided to stop worshipping him until he shows up and tells me
what to do.
I think thats better than following people who are confused themselves.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
People are born everyday,in fact i believe thats a miracle.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Miracles" happen every single day of our lives. We just fail to reconize them and say "lucky". Open your eyes and your heart and you will see the miracles. I believe nothing from GOD has changed. People have changed.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

You are assuming God is a single being.. God is more than just this idea that you have in your mind. Prehaps this God that you speak of is only one small part of you as a person. What have you given up on?

And why blame God for OUR problems?

We do not understand God, nor do we know the will of God.

Hence its my own personal feeling that God is not this single being that gave up on anyone.. Your post is a reflection of a part of yourself.

As God is a part of everything that is. But how can I say what God is or isnt when I clearly stated none of us know..

All I do know is that people all have their own ideas of what God is or isnt.
And thats why most people can not hear or speak with God.
Becasue they refuse to face the truth.
And the truth is a personal self reflected idea that you protray with your thoughts and ideas.

Just a thought.

top topics

join