It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Teens trained for suicide bombings in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Officials: Teens trained for suicide bombings in Iraq

www.cnn.com

Troops conducting house-to-house searches in Mosul found six teens, ages 15 to 18, who were being trained to perpetrate attacks against Iraqi security forces, said ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Abdul Karim Khalaf.

Insurgents had threatened to kill the boys or their families if they refused to comply with the training, Deputy Interior Minister Kamal Ali Hussein told reporters.

"The Saudi insurgent threatened to rape our mothers and sisters, destroy our houses and kill our fathers if we did not cooperate with him," one of the youths told The Associated Press in Mosul.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well this article pretty well debunks many of the anti Iraq war arguments . Insurgents who threaten kids family's in order recruit suicide bombers are not members of a noble resistance. Also the usual claims of anti Iranian propaganda because in this case the enemy came from Saudi Arabia .

While this doesn't change some of my reservations about the war in Iraq this article does show while the US shouldn't just pack up and leave .
On another note anyone else notice how the media has virtually failed to report the level of violence in Iraq is at its lowest in four years ?

No doubt those who seek to portray the US as being the sole source of evil in the world will some how find some ill rational way to claim that the story is propaganda while taking everything Alex Jones says at face value .

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

The report informs us the 'Troops' reporting this intelligence
are Troops of the Iraqi Interior Ministry... and not American or other UN troops ----> which makes their claims (at the very least) untrustworthy or lacking credibility!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just another reason for me to stay in the Marines. What I would do in order to get my hands on those group of animals. I don't need my M16. I picture my siblings getting forced into a situation like that and my blood boils. I don't want any family to have that burden American, Iraqi, anyone. I would gladly raid a house and obtain these men. We would do the k-bar dance.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
are Troops of the Iraqi Interior Ministry... and not American or other UN troops ----> which makes their claims (at the very least) untrustworthy or lacking credibility!

I understand your point of view and it is not without some merit . While admittedly I have doubted the quality of Iraqi security forces on the boards I don't see any reason to doubt the substance of the story in this case . Historically insurgents or guerillas have forced the local population into sheltering them , providing man power and supplies . The Viet Cong fit this mould well as do the insurgents in Iraq .

Any way that is my 10 cents and even if the report had come from UN or US troops some people would have chosen to disbelieve it . I still think that the article acts as nice counter balance to endless triads against the war that are posted on ATS.

top topics

join