It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tip for newcomers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hi,
I have compiled a list of the generally accepted topics of discussion here for newcomers so they don’t get themselves lost trying to discuss things outside of the everyones safety zone.

In no particular order:

Nibiru /PX
Time Travel
Anti Gravity
Chemtrails
Reptilians
9/11
Global Warming/Cooling
War on Iraq / Terror
Anti Christs
Bush Bashing (The GW type)
Anything you can back up with Youtube
Aliens

The Ultimate thread would be something like:

Annunaki used their time machine to travel back to September 11 2001 and with their antigravity device closely examined the chemtrails in the air from the aircraft before they hit the towers and determined that DNA from GWB was being sprayed to turn the public into reptilians to fight for him in his upcoming war which will be fought to exert his dominance before he is identified as the Anti Christ in 2012 when Earth will freeze over after the pole shift which was caused by the arrival of Nibiru.

This 12.5 second youtube video has all the evidence you need so don’t bother arguing with me.

Did I miss anything?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
For a newcomer yourself you are the expert on what is acceptable and what is not on ATS? So anyone that wants to talk about something other that what you have listed should not, or should come to you for authorization first? No offence, really, but this is one of the most arrogant posts I have seen on ATS in a long time.

WOW. Maybe you should leave it up to the individual members and the mods to determine what their own "comfort levels" are.

Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sorry if I offended with my tongue in cheek observation.
It is just something I personally found amusing as being the main topics of interest. Anyone can (and will) talk freely about anything they want but something I did notice is that often anything much outside these areas are usually glanced at and left alone.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
awww and i wanted to discuss how marshmallows are really tracking devices for santa claus and how the easter bunny allied with the tooth fairy will launch a preemptive strike on the north pole.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You forgot HAARP, and Soviet Mind-control experiments.

P.S: If you noticed something, you need to put some thought into why you've only just noticed it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
P.S: If you noticed something, you need to put some thought into why you've only just noticed it.

Agreed. That idea needs it's own thread.

To the original poster. Those topics are a big part of this board but our members think deeper than the vague titles you gave. And a lot of them overlap with each other. You complied keywords, not ideas from members. Generally accepted topics are more political in my opinion. Suggesting that members have ideas that fall into a list of ideas is fine, but just say that. Don't make a mockery of it. Shame on you.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by Rev_Godslapper]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I like your comedy.

Because that is what the Ultimate Thread would exactly be like! Even though I like to make fun of some topics like the moon conspiracy, all subjects should be taken serious until proven wrong or a hoax.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

You forgot HAARP, and Soviet Mind-control experiments.

Thanks for picking me up on this. Maybe the Ruskies preempted this and controlled my mind to not add it to the list.

Are you talking about for my own benefit or by way of explanation for others?

If I was forced to expand on it, I would say it is something I have noticed for some time now in reading others threads and a few of my own that are outside the realms. They seem to get a lot of attention with S&Fs and even applause in some cases but not much by way of discussion.
Don’t think I dislike the above listed topics. Many of them are why I am here in the first place. I was only having some fun with some of our favorites. Nothing more.

[edit on 26/5/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've been here (not posting, but here) for nearly 7 years now and it's so bloody true!

Classic, truly classic.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Not that i want to incur the wrath that exists within your almighty internet persona, but instead of moaning about it why don't you do something constructive?

Or.... is it that you're afraid to?

You keep saying that "These are the preferred topics" And that they are "generally accepted" - i can't help but wonder... By whom?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Not that i want to incur the wrath that exists within your almighty internet persona, but instead of moaning about it why don't you do something constructive?

Like start a thread of a different nature? Done….
Like bring it to others attention? Done….

Or.... is it that you're afraid to?

What is there to be afraid of? My threads being ignored, ridiculed or shot down? I may as well pack up and go home now.

You keep saying that "These are the preferred topics" And that they are "generally accepted" - i can't help but wonder... By whom?

These are just the first few topics that happened to come to mind at the time as being the most frequently discussed. Need I say it again? It was all in JEST. A light hearted look at ourselves. I think my next thread will be about members taking themselves too seriously…

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
A light hearted look at ourselves. I think my next thread will be about members taking themselves too seriously…

Better to take oneself seriously than hide behind a facade of Frivolity.

And of course, i get to be malevolent at times.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Like start a thread of a different nature? Done….
Like bring it to others attention? Done….

Under the same pretense, yes.

Or did you forget to add "Newcomer orientation" to your list?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thank you Monsterenergy791 & Demandred for having the same sense of humor as I do. I guess some people just don’t get it.
Sometimes things get a bit tense here and the direction of this thread now seems to be making that point quite clearly. I just like to lighten it up a bit. Yes many of the discussion here are quite serious and should be respected as such but if it starts in good humour let it be so I say.

The title maybe should be changed. I had a few others in mind but thought this would be taken less seriously. Could I have been more wrong?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hey, I'm as dense as they come and I got it...

Pretty funny really..

Here are some more to include..

Obama Smashing
McCain old age jokes
Any Cop Bashing

Just to add a few to the list...

Semper

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Although I'm a leafs fan, I still like your posts. But in this instance, I think you are overlooking his atempt at humour here.

I laughed pretty good at this, so thanks for that TS.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here are a few tips that I have for newer members, and older members alike

Ive always found some good advice can go a long ways around here.
Aswell as any bad advice can go much further than any good advice given and not taken.
We all seem to want to jump on the bad, and negtive, and just allow those good and thoughtful things to be swept under the rug.

People like dirty laundry..

Kick um when they are up, kick um when they are down!!!

[edit on 26-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
reply to post by sensfan

Although I'm a leafs fan, I still like your posts. But in this instance, I think you are overlooking his atempt at humour here.

I laughed pretty good at this, so thanks for that TS.

I guess I did miss the humor in it, and to the OP, I apologize for this. And Enrikez? You're a leaf fan? WHY????????

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

I know, I know. I hear it all the time.
I guess I enjoy the pain that comes along with it.

No worries, my grand children may have a chance to see a parade down Bay street somewhere around 2036, although the American Civil war predicted by John Titor will probably make that impossible too. The police state in the US is a direct conspiracy to make sure the Maple Leafs never win another cup.

They are gunning for nuclear war just around that time, and isn't it strange that all of the expert opinions conclude that the next time the Maple Leafs will be good enough to challenge for a championship just happens to be after the # hits the fan according to Titor?

He was definatly not a leafs fan.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
LOL I have been told I have no sense of humor what so ever. That being said I was rolling from the OP. We tend to take our selves way to seriously on ATS, thanks for lighting up the mood again. give that man/girl a star.

you really want to see serious try the ats survival topics forum. you learn lots but don't laugh at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join