It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi memorabilia at country market

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Nazi memorabilia at country market

www.news.com.au

NAZI memorabilia has been removed from a market in regional Victoria following a complaint from the Jewish community.

Swastikas, an arm band, stamps and Nazi documentation from World War II were removed from sale at Daylesford's Mill Markets yesterday.

A member of the Jewish community spotted the memorabilia and complained to the B'nai B'rith Anti-defamation Commission (ADC), which contacted the market manager.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How much longer will we, as a planet, have to keep apologising to Jews and pandering to their whims?

The NAZI party, whether good or evil, is a part of history. Why should there be a ban on selling some trinkets at a weekend flea market?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
The NAZI party, whether good or evil, is a part of history. Why should there be a ban on selling some trinkets at a weekend flea market?

True. The war is over. The Nazi Party is over. Some people just don't know how to let go of their hate and paranoia. We should all remember that era, its negatives and its positives, rather than trying to blacklist those years from history.

Good post.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Youre crazy, the Nazis were never shut down they just regrouped to the states.

What do you call project paperclip?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The Nazis may be gone but there is no reason to throw it in faces of the Jewish community. The memorabilia can be sold through many different venues (internet, specialty shops, mail order), where people can choose to patronize or not. They don't need to be in a public market where anyone walking by would view it by accident. Jews aren't the only ones that can be offended.
I think this is the right decision in this case.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
The Nazis may be gone but there is no reason to throw it in faces of the Jewish community. The memorabilia can be sold through many different venues (internet, specialty shops, mail order), where people can choose to patronize or not. They don't need to be in a public market where anyone walking by would view it by accident. Jews aren't the only ones that can be offended.

Ban all Gay parades too. There's no reason to throw that in the faces of the Christian community.

See how flawed that sort of thinking is?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Ban all Gay parades too. There's no reason to throw that in the faces of the Christian community.

See how flawed that sort of thinking is?

It is your thinking that is flawed. The Gays didn't incinerate 6 million Christians at any time in their history, if I am not mistaken. If anything it is the Christians who have persecuted the gays. See the difference?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by TheComte]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

The point I was making is that it's too easy these days to force you opinions, wishes on someone else - especially where the Jewish community is concerned.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

The Gays didn't incinerate 6 million Christians at any time in their history, if I am not mistaken.

Some facts:

WW2 has been over for 63 years. Very few of the Jews who lived through the experience are still alive. Very few of the Germans who persecuted them are still alive. There is no more NAZI party. Carrying grudges and predjudices forever is ridiculous.

The memorabilia was removed from a flea market in the sleepy, tranquil, artistic, country town called Daylesford (which has an abundant gay population). Daylesford is about as far away as you can get from war time Europe! No one in Daylesford would be a NAZI sympathiser. They would be more likely to view the stuff as 'pop-art'.

Given that - it took ONE Jew to see the stuff, pick up the phone and complain to have it removed - and it was. Pathetic.

Take a look at how many threads appear in this breaking news forum about censorship, loss of rights, no more freedom of speech, etc... It's frightening that a person at a market stall can't sell some WW2 items without being shut down by ONE offended Jew! It's NUTS.

By your logic, every Japanese person should utterly reject and complain about every American icon on their soil. Why? The USA fried tens of thousands of innocent civillians with the H-Bombs, right? The USA persecuted those people, equally as horrific as the Germans did to the Jews, yet do we see Japanese people complain about the USA flag still flying over the embassy or on their military bases? No!

The attitude of SOME modern day Jews is disgusting. Life's tough - get over it. Current generations can't hold ancient grudges and carry on bitterness forever. SOME Jews have to be the most weak spirited of people to call for censorship at the sight of a Swastika on a back-water Victorian market stall.

Yeah, I'm angry.

(Edit to soften the post a little. I don't want the Mossad hunting me down.)

[edit on 27-5-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Sorry, I don't see your analogy with the Japanese. These were two belligerent forces. Yes, I don't agree with bombing civilian populations, but it is very different than what the Nazis did to the Jews. The Jews weren't at war, there wasn't a Jewish army in the way that there was a Japanese army.

You really can't compare what the Nazis did with anything else in history. It was an organized, systematic mass extermination using modern technology. I don't know why you can't see the difference. Maybe you would feel different if it was your relatives that were gassed and then shoveled into the ovens. (No, I'm not Jewish.)

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You really can't compare what the Nazis did with anything else in history. It was an organized, systematic mass extermination using modern technology. I don't know why you can't see the difference.

What about the American Indians?They haven't raised outrage at their items being sold on the Antique Road Show, or complained about Americans buying guns,flags,pictures from the period.
I could pull similar analogies from what the Spanish did,what the English did and so on.
Humans have been slaughtered by other humans for personal gain and the Jewish people are no exception.
I believe that we should remember so we don't forget.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You really can't compare what the Nazis did with anything else in history. It was an organized, systematic mass extermination using modern technology.

Had not the Japanese surrendered, then surely the USA would have continued their systematic mass extermination using modern H-Bombs.

I think we'll have to disagree.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw and post by citizen truth

Ya, that Jewish army was really taking it to the Germans, weren't they.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by TheComte]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

So, I can go around to every market and stop them from selling Indian arrowheads?

BTW, the genocide of the American Indians far outweighs the jews struggle.

12 million to 6.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It's just another case of censorship.If everything that offended someone was taken off the market we would have little to shop for.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You really can't compare what the Nazis did with anything else in history. It was an organized, systematic mass extermination using modern technology.

Really?

What about the organized, systematic mass extermination of the American Indian people in the US?

Can't compare eh?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I had expected a better reply from you.You are entitled to your opinion but I see there is no room for discussion with you.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

But it's not really censorship if there are innumerable places where you can still buy the stuff. Inside a store, on the internet, mail order, you can browse and buy if you want. Just not on public display. You have to give people a choice whether or not they want to view the items in question.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

The US only had two hydrogen bombs to begin with.It would have taken some time to build more.The bomb drop was nothing more than high handed bluff on the part of the US.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I just want it understood that I do understand why it would offend someone.

I actually own a nazi flag, armband and bayonette (sp?) that my grandfather stole from a nazi that he killed.

I had these items displayed in my room for a bit. As a memorial to my grandfather, not as a nazi sympathizer.

Until my other grandfather, whos brother died in WWII, took a fit. I took them down out of respect for him.

Edit: But, I still own them. Do they get a good price these days?

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Griff]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join