It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you ignore so much Symbolism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have seen a few threads here with the topics of illuminatti symbolism in hip hop music.
I, to my great dismay, noticed the symbolism in the album covers and lyrics of the band DEF LEPPARD, many years ago.
The band hails from Sheffield england and have been together since the late 70's.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.defleppard.com...

Many can give an example of one or two satanic verses, or a symbol from a band.
THIS IS A LOT OF SYMBOLISM FOR ONE BAND.

This album cover has bothered me since 9/11. It appears to be seeing the building from the sights of an aircraft, yet it's blowing up from the inside.

This one also coincides with that thought, and this cover and album were the very first, and do not appear on the discography of the official website.

This one reminds me of the 'Blue star kachina" in the third eye position.

The secrets kept in the vault?

Many uses of the pyramid and eye symbols.

This one, resembles a triangle UFO.

Videographies..

Some of the lyrics in question..and they have dozens of songs I could post here, but i have only picked a few.

Beyond The Temple lyrics

Beyond the temple
There lies a tomb with a king from long ago
A traveler from a distant planet
Ten thousand years or so
The legend tells of an agin' man
Whose city he built alone
Till the pirates of our western world
Tore it down stone by stone

The clouds are gettin' heavy
As he points unto the sky
But with the guidance of his finger
He let the lightning fly

So don't turn around, don't turn around
Lightning don't strike twice
Don't turn around, don't turn around
Death is a very high price

He gathered up his people
And he took them underground
To the caves of silvery water
Where they never could be found

The king came to the surface
Could not believe what he had found
The temple left in ruins
His city knocked to the ground

He went back to his people
Sad news he had to tell
The only justice for the king
Was to put these men in hell

His face showing sorrow
His heart full of grief
His life's work in ruins
Destroyed by a thief

His people just sit around
His children just cry
The king's mind is all confused
Just wonderin' why

The temple split in half
And scattered through the desert
The dust had risen in the air
The race of people had to live in devastation
Why wasn't he even there?

Message from the gods to gather up his people
The kingdom couldn't lose them there
That's when all the gods and all are livin' peaceful
Just a galaxy away

The king rose up from underground
To light the darkened sky
Red lights, green lights, blue lights flashing
It seemed a mile high

As it lifted from the ground
And soared into the air
The king looked at what might have been
A world that needed care

A storm had risen quickly
Across the take of hope
Now there's no trace of the king
Just a memory carved in stone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Satellite lyrics

Midnight, bright light, shining from the sky
Circulating round the earth, trying to catch your eye
Lowdown, showdown, trying to break away
Stay on course, feel the force, careful what you say

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah can't you feel that it's real?
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah set your sights on the satellite

Me and you, rendezvous, we've got to take the chance
I'm paralyzed, I'm hypnotized, I'm in some kinda trance
Hazy, crazy, this thing's lost control
It's got the power, it's got the strength to steal away your soul

It's burning up the sky
It's burning up the sky
Yes it's burning, yes it's burning
Can't you see that it's burning

It's burning up the sky

Midnight, bright light, shining from the sky
Circulating round the earth, trying to catch your eye
Lowdown, showdown, trying to break away
Stay on course feel the force, careful what you say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Immortal lyrics

Do you have the will to walk on water
Do you have the strength to part the waves
Do you have the lips to kiss a blood red rose
Before the colors start to fade
But are you tough enough to walk through the fire
Are you suss enough to slip the hangman's noose
Wanna ride, gonna slide, take it over the line
Hit the pin, kick it in
I'm gonna win again

I don't wanna live forever
I just want a slice of the pie to call my own
Do you wanna be, like I wanna be
Immortal

Do you have the bread to feed the hunger
Do you have to choose to turn water to wine
Do you have the tears to cry me a river
Build a bridge to the other side
But are you holding out for the late edition
Gonna read all about it cause it's frontpage news
So high, bone dry, got a thirst for life
Kiss the skin, drink it in
I'm gonna win again

Immortal

Just like the gates of heaven
There's no way back, there's no way back
I'm ten miles high got the keys to the kingdom
I'm back on track
Got a life and I'm living it

Do you have the to the tell me a secret
Or will I read all about it when it's frontpage news

Wanna ride, gonna slide, take it over the line
Hit the pin, kick it in
I'm gonna win again

Do you wanna be, like I wanna be immortal
Cause I wanna be immortal
Do you wanna be immortal
Like I wanna be immortal
Don't you wanna be immortal
Cause I wanna be immortal
Do you wanna be immortal
Like I wanna be immortal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If they are not apart of it, or were a part of it, then they are surely putting it out there that they KNOW about it, or know something that we do not know.
They say it over and over again in various songs.
A simple google search brought up over 400 hits of others that had noticed this about Def Leppard as well.
How much symbolism do we ignore before we stand up and take notice?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I just recognize it for what it is: good marketing. Companies know that people will talk about their products if they insert symbolism, even if it has no real meaning. Companies give people what they want to see. And look, it works...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
I just recognize it for what it is: good marketing. Companies know that people will talk about their products if they insert symbolism, even if it has no real meaning. Companies give people what they want to see. And look, it works...

That is stretching it a bit far methinks. And the band itself writes the lyrics, not the company that produces the album covers.
The band would have final say in everything regardless.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It would be simple for me just to dismiss it as a gimmick.

Infact... yes, that's all i'm going to do.

School Metal is off-bounds for me, sorry - if you want to discuss something like how Kurt Cobain killed the Soul of metal, or how Marilyn Manson did the dance of the sugarplum fairy over Metal's Grave, then sure.

But i will not condone conspiratorial talks to do with the old-school metal.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
It would be simple for me just to dismiss it as a gimmick.

Infact... yes, that's all i'm going to do.

School Metal is off-bounds for me, sorry - if you want to discuss something like how Kurt Cobain killed the Soul of metal, or how Marilyn Manson did the dance of the sugarplum fairy over Metal's Grave, then sure.

But i will not condone conspiratorial talks to do with the old-school metal.

Apparently, intelligently contributing to a thread is not condoned by you either.
BTS is for lighter 'School Metal' subjects.
I take this thread in the most serious of ways.

Considering that conspiracy issues are a recent trend, I DOUBT HIGHLY that they had the insight in the late 70's and early 80's to know that there album covers would be discussed here, and are being dismissed as just good marketing. That is some pretty good insight there, wouldn't you say?
"Let's use these symbols so that 20 years from now people will connect you with the illuminatti".
There is far more to it than that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

The problem with this kind of theory is that there really is some sort of diabolical group out to control the world, exactly why would they be putting symbolism in on music albums? And actually, usually the marketing folks are in on the entire process - they may not have complete creative control, but they can certainly influence the band to put in words or phrases that will make them seem more powerful than they really are.

Its just like rap bands advertising that they can shot whoever they want - its very good for sales, people love sensationalist stuff.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In the first symbolic image you provide, the Pyromania album. I see the glass building on fire and the name of the album Pyromania below with the name of the group above. Fire = pyro. Period. The angle of the cross hairs are from below, not above so I don't understand how you can twist that into a 9/11 connection. That iimage could be a screenshot from anyone of 100 video games. So are video games a conspiracy too, uh oh, I may regret saying that!

I think you are reaching on this one.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yes, I kinda figured I would be the only one to see any of this.

Mods, please close or trash this.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I like the beyond the temple song, I feel it has a lot of meaning behind it. However, I believe it to be a "good" meaning behind it, and nothing conspiracy wise what so ever. I believe it is telling a story of cultures destroyed by materialistic "pirates" that destroyed our past and our cultures. It kind of tells a story of how sad it is our ancestors being forsaken and forgotten in this new cold world we live in.

Then again, I may look to far for meaning in songs, but I always remember that song because of it's meaning that I identify with. I see nothing conspiracy related in the art work. It was kind of reminiscent of the times you know? Unless triangles and eye balls have another meaning I don't know about, I don't see how they can be conspiracy related. I am sure it has a meaning, otherwise why is it there, but you know what I mean.

And I would not expect others to always believe in what you put forth, so a few people disagreed with you, I am sure there are dozens who read it, saw something inciting and probably believe the same as you do but did not post. Either way, I thought it was an interesting thread, the first interesting thread in a while.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
That is some pretty good insight there, wouldn't you say?
"Let's use these symbols so that 20 years from now people will connect you with the illuminatti".
There is far more to it than that.

Okay then smarty-pants, where would you want to go from there?

Don't leave us at a cliff-hanger with your "There is far more to it than that" statement.

How exactly would one use symbology in album covers to influence the masses?

I merely ask because album covers are somewhat notorious for their 'shock images', especially where metal is concerned.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There is none more than blind than people who refuse to see.
The symbols that you see are the signs of the times... we are at the very door.
Satanic symbolisms abound, but people pay no heed.

"Have they not traveled in the land, and have they hearts wherewith to feel and ears wherewith to hear? For indeed it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts, which are within the bosoms, that grow blind. " 22:46 Holy Quran.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Every generation has seen the Signs of the Times. And every generation was at the door step to all hell and armagedon. And every generation awaited salvation. And every generation felt their generation was the hardest times to live by far. And every generation felt divine presence for them and their time on Earth and where quite certain they where to be saved.

Every generation has been wrong.

And so are you.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Thanks so much, my pants really are quite smart.

I not only submitted the symbology of the album covers, which I would be very curious to know why they chose it, but also phrases in their lyrics.
It is my opinion that music has been used to help brainwash the masses for a very long time.
When they see a cover like that, they are attracted to finding the symbology elsewhere.
As for the lyrics , people look for what they can relate to, or answers to questions they have in the music. Especially the younger generations.
Ever think that perhaps right now there is a lot of conspiracy theorists because of what type of music we listened to when we were younger???

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ever think that perhaps right now there is a lot of conspiracy theorists because of what type of music we listened to when we were younger???

No. I think conspiracy theories have exploded in popularity because they expand upon topics that people have a hard time understanding or comprehending to begin with. So instead of looking at world events and understanding the motions of international relations or the science of psychology, it is so much easier to blame imaginary "Illuminati" to explain away the world's ills. Essentially this is no different a thought process to which was employed against Jews and Catholics and other undesirables during WWII under Hitler. It's the exact same way of thinking believe it or not.

Music from the 60's to 80's was very anti-establishment because of the social upheavals of the time.. I don't think it was anything subliminal but just a way to express the way the world was in that era.

But now conspiracies flurish because information is no longer on black and white TV's and nightly radio shows but rather, at the speed of light information, misinformation, and out right lies are posted in blogs, boards, news articles, online magazines and e-mails. Never before has it been easier to hoodwink an entire people, and profit so largely from distraught and paranoid people whom you have just predicted their doom.

It's damn near victimization, these conspiracy theorist who publish their books and articles and sell the "information and research" bringing out the worst of Humanity.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck, truly an eye opening post. Thank you for expanding my knowledge, and that is not meant sarcastically in any way.
You Sir, are wise beyond your years.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thank you AD. Appreciated.

I don't want you to get the impression that I am waving your theory aside with out regard to the question. Is there symbolism in music and art?

I believe it is heavily soaked in symbolism and hidden meanings.. I just don't believe there is a "power that be" that is directing it. Often the musician or the writer of the songs are sending us and the world a message in disguise that we never truly stop to comprehend. Take the Beyond the Temple song.. it is rich in meaning and if properly interpreted should be an eye opening piece of music to which we could stop what we are doing and think about a real down to Earth problem we as Humanity face.

And who knows, maybe there are artist and musicians who believe in a NWO, and will incorporate these symbols into their works as their own method of "spreading the word" so to speak. Of course, it wouldn't be the establishment that puts it there, it would be the believer.. and naturally whether or not you can take that as "truth" or enlightenment, is all up to your personal preferences and studies on the subject.

Like I said, it is a very interesting and deep topic that ATS should expand upon.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would actually argue there are none so blind as those who so desperately want to see. The more we want to look for hidden messages, the more we will find them. It does not mean they exist, it means we want them to exist because we want something to have more meaning than it really has.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Excellent points of view, and I see exactly what you both are saying.
Rockpuck, the symbology that I see could very well be just that they themselves have studied much and are incorporating it into their music and art, but of course yes, a conspiracy theorist may see it just as I did, illuminatti symbols.

Their music today does not reflect much of this anymore, and they seem to have moved away from the more controversial stuff.
Perhaps it truly was just a reflection of their own path of enlightenment.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

The band would have final say in everything regardless.

This is my main problem with any of what you said in this thread. This couldn't be further from the truth. The business of music often leaves nothing more than lyrics up to the band. That is, if they're even writers.

Its all to make money. No more, no less.

The band's opinion matters about as much to the label as the mail boy's does.

[edit on 5/27/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Michael Tsarion seems to be an expert on symbolism. You can find some of his videos on youtube. They're very interesting!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join