It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That which isnt that needs to be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There needs to be taught in school somewhere the difference between art/entertainment and reality, and about how you are responsible for enacting your choices from ideas or from what is or was presented to you, whether it is (or was) taught to you or not.

How many of you agree?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If you are saying that students need to be taught to do research for themselves, to look behinf the scenes and beyond the headlines, then I absolutely agree. From birth, we are trained to accept everything at its face value. This, I believe, plays a huge role in the negative goings-on in our society today. If people realized their civic duties, if they realized their powers as individuals, if they truly understood that there really ARE two sides to each story, and that the 'right' one is not always what CNN, CBC or BBC says, then I think our world as we know it would be different. I think there would be a lot more accountability, etc. So yes, I do think it is a skill that needs to be taught. The amount of potential that goes unrealized and wasted is not healthy for a society.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with both of you. It would improve our society immensely.

But if we tried, would it even work? Does anybody really pay any attention to what they're taught?

join