It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Artists and Musicians!! (The Orphan works Bill)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Controversy over this stuff is one of the reasons why I pulled all of my work off of various art sites. I wont be posting anything else until I have it digitally watermarked and I am able register each individual art work with the copyright office, and at 45 usd per picture that is going to run into quite a sum. While it is highly unlikely any of my work would be taken and registered by someone else, why take the risk. I have no intention of working 40+ hours on something to have it stolen by some corporate ad executiive looking to cash in. If you are a digital artist I would very much recommend you keep the files that you use in your final render, wether its Bryce, Daz, Poser, Vue, 3DS max, or whatever.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
They cannot sell their own #, so they're intend to force small people, whose have the talent to make stuffs better then the megacorps, to never create better products then their ones. With this, they don't have to race against the standard, individuals, whose are usually doing quite better products that they're doing it for millions.

Now, as an artist, I can tell you, if this bill is passing, hell will break out. First, if someone is trying to steal my own works, especially these mega-corp assholes, I'm going to take down that person, because no one is going to ruin my life and no one is going to steal what I did. Let's call it legal self-defense.

With this bill, they're intend to control the spirit of the artists. I wouldn't be surprise if on someday if this thief bill is going to pass, someone is going to pick up a sniper rifle, if they're going to steal my work, it will be me and take these zionist mega-lo-man assholes down one by one. We must draw the line for thieves once and for all. What the hell is going to become from the U.S.? The Guild of the Thieves.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And the another bad news, regarding to this. It seems, they're intend to extend this to the European Union too.

www.ip-watch.org...

Meanwhile, the World Intellectual Property Organization and some members of the European Union appear to be taking the orphan works issue into greater consideration as well.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

As of right now, I am removing all Artwork & Illuatrations from the Renderosity Website, that I have posted there.

No bigwig is gunna come along & see my work & think "hey that would look nice on the cover of the next book we publish, I might take over the rights to that image"...!!

I feel so sorry for all the Artists out there who will have to pull their work. As specially if it's on their own Portfolio Websites, because even these will not be protected!!

Artists all over he world will get screwed by this "American", bill & that simply isn't fair at all. Yank suits just think they are soo damn godly...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This is the damned bill of the Zionists and that's the goal to stop all the independent artist to be more successful, then the corporations. They're intend to rule everything, even our own works. But they'll get a bullet instead of my work if they steal from me. We must draw the line for these thief morons.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hmmm... I guess I'm fortunate in that I don't give a rat's a$$ about copy rite protection for my works... I'm not interested in any of that mess, much less trying to make money off of it! (That's in NO WAY meant as an insult or criticism to those who do, or those who have a career in an artistic field-- It is just simply not for me is all... All my music/visual works are not made for profit or credit/recognition, or whatever...)

Another thing I have going for me: None (or very little of) of my "music" and artwork is very "corporate-friendly"... So I'm not concerned!

[edit on 1-6-2008 by the raytownian]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i guess it's time to pull all of my artwork off the internet . . . this is bull, if this gets passed i might have a minor nervous breakdown.

This is truly horrible.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've tracked the progress of this Blasphemy Against Natural Copyright (known asH.R. 5889: Orphan Works Act of 2008) in congress so far, by using GovTrack.

As of this point, the initial debate on it came under the name of S. 2913 & was performed May 15. It is now referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. I've noticed that the initial Sponsor, Sen. Patrick Leahy [D-VT], also happens to be a member of that selfsame Judiciary Committee.

For those who wish to fight this, keep in mind that there are likely to be changes made to it all the way up to the final vote in the House & Senate, so you must read the full text of the measure as it goes through each stage before you put up any complaints. If it still represents a rip-off of the creative labors of American Citizens at this point, I have little doubt Bush will sign it to pass into law, since he's already been a staunch supporter of rip-offs. But at least now, we have a way of tracking who is doing what.

One thing that concerns me is that, in the "search for the originator," the corp doing the search has an opening to perform potentially illegal searches of databases, which might lead to "Invasion of Privacy." In short, those who fight against this measure as a whole must also keep your other Rights in mind while considering alternative procedures to present to the legislators.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
EVERY ARTIST WHO SEES THIS THREAD, THIS IS THE WAY YOU COUNTER THEIR CONTROL....

I HATE TYPING IN ALL CAPS BUT IT MUST BE SEEN.

EVERY ARTIST, NEEDS TO GET THEIR OWN TAX ID AND EIN NUMBER FROM THE IRS IN AMERICA.

IT IS FREE, AND IT CAN BE REGISTERED TO YOU FOR FREE, AND ALL WORK YOU DO WILL BE TIED TO THIS NUMBER.

YOU IN ESSENCE BECOME A CORPORATION, WHICH THEN YOUR CORP GETS COPYRIGHT, RIGHTS TO ANY WORK YOU DO UNDER YOUR DOING BUSINESS AS NAME, OR DBA LINKED WITH YOUR "CORPORATE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER"

THE IRS LINE TO GET YOUR EIN/TAX ID IS FREE TO CALL AND YOUR EIN AND TAX ID IS FREE TO GET.

HERE IT IS CALL IT IMMEADIATELY!!!

1-800-829-4933

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THIS MODS, THIS IS THE THOUGHT CRIME BILL WE ALL HAVE FEARED!!!

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
EVERY ARTIST, NEEDS TO GET THEIR OWN TAX ID AND EIN NUMBER FROM THE IRS IN AMERICA.

Ummm...Letting the IRS get involved could be a serious mistake. Simply because the IRS is not a legally-created agency & hasn't had any jurisdiction within the boundaries of the States (the indicated link is a starting point for your research) since Prohibition was repealed, with the exceptions of US Possessions/Territories & specified Federal Zones within State Boundaries.

(Excerpted from the link above)
1. Is the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury?
Answer: No. The IRS is not an organization within the United States Department of the Treasury.

2. If not an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury, then what exactly is the IRS?
Answer: The IRS appears to be a collection agency working for foreign banks and operating out of Puerto Rico under color of the Federal Alcohol Administration (“FAA”). But the FAA was promptly declared unconstitutional inside the 50 States by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of U.S. v. Constantine, 296 U.S. 287 (1935), because Prohibition had already been repealed.

3. By what legal authority, if any, has the IRS established offices inside the 50 States of the Union?
Answer: After much diligent research, several investigators have concluded that there is no known Act of Congress, nor any Executive Order, giving IRS lawful jurisdiction to operate within any of the 50 States of the Union.

Once you "register" with the IRS, you will automatically waive your Right to the Remedies derived from the Constitutional limitations on taxes. So if you intend to fight against this measure, then you must also consider the point of taxation as well: In a nutshell, the IRS can collect taxes based from the profits of commercial ventures, such as selling your works under copyright, but this may not apply if you've been specifically commissioned to create an artwork...It's the difference between being "hired labor" & "commercial selling of your goods" (ie: create then sell, as opposed to being hired to perform work) that would make the difference between whether you're obligated to pay taxes or not. Check the actual laws & tax codes more thoroughly, but it's my opinion that this would be the case.

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
YOU IN ESSENCE BECOME A CORPORATION, WHICH THEN YOUR CORP GETS COPYRIGHT...

When your parents signed your Birth Certificate, you've already become "property of the state" & are thereafter defined as a "person" which is merely a method of treating you like an "item of inventory." There's more info over at this thread about that, including what you can do to seek "remedy & recourse" against it.

I'd say that there's a lot more required research to do before blindly following any "official" procedures. Yeah, the whole law structure is extremely twisted & we must learn how to "unscrew the inscrutable" before we can safely make any move anymore.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Midnight D, you raise some very good points.

But, Tell The IRS that they are unconstitutional. The government backs them, not it's citizens in the fight against them.

They make the rules now. So know the rules better than they expect.

What in my opinion would need to be done IF this Thought Crime bill passes.

All Artists should get a tax-id, and only work under 1099. A sole-proprietorship, with the intent to do business in creative artistic ways, yet never sell anything that you didn't want to. As far as I know a sole-proprietor, never has to give up their rights to their work if never shared.

This reminds me of some sort of patent law. Patenting creativity is foul, very very foul indeed. Shame on you Senator Hatch and the supporters of this bill, you, right here and now, are destroying natural law. The right to express yourself artistically and uniquely, under life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I am endowed by my creator, with certain inalienable rights. The creator that is spoken of, is not the only creator who has a right to their very personal labors.

This is first amendment unconstitutional.

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree with MidnightD on this, the last thing I want to do is to create another 'legal entity' attached to my name, further entangling me into a system I am still way too ignorant about.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

First off, very cool artwork MidnightDstroyer!!!

And good post! Much of what you have put down in writing I have read much about in Jordan Maxwells books, and videos.

Now onto this bill.. Ive had many days to do much reading and get a better feel for what kind of power this bill has right now in 2008.

I dont think right now we are going to be in that bad of shape. There are many thosands of folks like you and me fighting this tooth and nail!!!
And rightfully so! They are not just going to walk in and take all this work away from us. But we must keep a good eye on this each year!
And in 2009 this Bill will creep its ugly head back into congress.
Each year it has been turned down. But that only allows them more time, and more money to make further tweaks, and smaller print into this bill.

Where sooner or later there is going to be a middle ground where most people agree and allow it to pass.. However I highly doubt that they will get this passed this year.

But that doesnt mean we can just ignore this Bill either. They will become more tricky, and put more work into this as the years go by. Hence our eyes and ears must remain open at all times.

The moment we put our guard down, or the moment we stop talking and fighting these things will be the day that they pass this.. Right under our own noses.

So thank you everyone who has been a part of this thread, and doing what you have done to get the word out!
Even if this bill doesnt pass this year.. It will be back..
And it will keep on fighting us, as hard as we push back.

So keep on pushing! And keep on fighting! We will win this one, becasue it is us who is the bread and butter to this soceity!
Without artists, writters, or musicans, this world would be a very dull place to live in!
And its the artists who have always gone aginst the grain.. Swimming up stream vs the currents life has to throw at us.. And these things makes us stronger, and give us more ideas, and much more passion which we use to create such things!

Keep up the good work! And I will always be here to give my advice and help where I can. As in this world, thats all we can do.. And atleast right now we still have that chance to speak our minds when we feel we need too! Until they come and break down my door, and ship me off to some FEMA camp.. Ill always be raging aginst the machine!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Until they come and break down my door, and ship me off to some FEMA camp.. Ill always be raging aginst the machine!!
Peace

I agree with this sentiment...I'm already doing everything as peacefully as I can to restore our Constitution, but if they decide to "crank up the volume," I'll be prepared. In this vein, I suggest that we also pay attention to our 2nd Amendment Rights so as to make other options very "unpalatable" to their "round-up agents." After all, without our 2nd Amendment Rights we will have no method to defend any of our other Rights.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join