It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell Does 'Keep it Real' Even Mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Raso...

Jimmy's right. "Keeping it real" is telling the truth. Especially about something that might be uncomfortable to hear. Like, "Man, you can't sing! You shouldn't even sing in the shower! Just keeping it real..."

Being true to yourself is just doing what YOU think is right, not what you think everyone else wants you to do. Don't let the peer pressure get to you. Be true to yourself, not others.

Dawg.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's when keeping it real goes wrong... what's wrong with people these days

WARNING graphic fighting and language !!!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigbert81

I think 'get real', or 'be real' simply means, 'don't be fake' or 'don't try to impress people by superficial tricks or fakery'. Let your true self shine through. As Bruce Lee said, 'expressing your honest self' is very difficult to do. It's easier to just be cocky and show off than show your naked soul to the audience, well, here I am.

I have noticed that once I learned to do that, and the heck with 'what might happen', people have responded extremely positively. I recommend it - if you feel like saying a stupid joke, just say it, don't be afraid that it doesn't fit the situation or the boss or bus driver might get mad at you.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AGENT_T

"You know what I'm saying"

Maybe this individual expected you to be telepathic, so you'd just .. KNOW..! what he's saying, so he doesn't have to actually say it. I mean, if you truly did know what he is saying, he would have no reason to actually say anything.

YoUknowwhaddImsayinaight?

<< 1   >>

join