It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Science - Earth is in fact growing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Conspiracy of Science - Earth is in fact growing

youtube.com

The Earth Is Growing
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Can someone explain this theory to me? It makes total sense especially since most of the movie is an animation of the earth doubling in size but where does the new earth come from? Is it that the internal earth is condensed and is expanding? Please shed some light on this theory?

youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe it is growing.....but I doubt it.

The official explanation for the odd way land masses fits together is that..........the oceans grow along central ridges like the mid-Atlantic ridge and the land masses move apart as a result of plate tectonics.

So, were does the extra ocean floor go?

It subducts (sinks) underneath a land mass and re-melts ..... a kind of re-cycling.

Much more info here:- youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint, but this has been discussed in past threads, such as here (in January) and here (in February).

Type "expanding earth" or something similar into the ATS search facility for these and other, related threads.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What in the heck kind of news story is that? This isn't even a news story it's just a youtube video? You probably should have posted this elsewhere..

That being said, we have discussed this a few times including the theory that the earth is flat. The Diameter of the earth can grow in size if the angular momentum of the earth's rotation is increased a few hundred times what it currently is. The earth would slightly flatten and expand outward. But what you are implying is something completely different. If size expanded outward with relation to mass staying the same then the gravity would be much different. We would be noticeably lighter..put it to you that way. This just because the extent of gravity's influence directly depends on mass and the size of the area which that mass fills. This is the entire premise behind how black holes form and neutron stars and blah blah blah. etc..

You probably still wouldn't be able to jump skyward like in the old moon videos from apollo, but it would be noticeable. My wife thinks she's losing weight right now so I hope it's not the earth expanding!!

-ChriS

[edit on 26-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hmm...
Looks logical, but where did all the water in the oceans come from?

-Jimmy

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Apparently about 50% came from volcano's and 50% meteorites or there abouts.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

I was unaware that water came from volcanos, I thought lava/magma came from volcanos.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I`m looking to start an open uni degree in geology next year and have been reading loads of stuff but, can not remember were i read this at the moment.

I remember thinking that all the earths water came from meteorites and being surprised to hear different.

If I remember......I`ll come back.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

That doesn't make much sense, there would have to be billiions of huge meteorites to give earth all the water it has.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If the Earth was truly growing, then logically mass would have to increase along with the volume increase.

With an increase in mass, comes an increase in gravitational pull.

If that were to happen, the Earth's orbit would be thrown all out of whack. The moon would crash into Earth were the pull sufficiently strong enough. I haven't seen any of that happening

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I wanted to propose a couple of theories
1) The earth is moving from a very condensed state to a less condensed state.
2) The water may have been trapped inside the earth.
3) Water is just H2O, if you want to know where the water came from for the oceans I wonder how any planet gets any water at all. Perhaps water was generated inside the core much like oil. Nobody knows where oil comes from but they are finding instances where oil seems to regenerate.

new topics

top topics

join