It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Very scary movie, indeed

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Okay, I couldn't find anywhere else to put this thread, but just had to get it out. Anyone heard much on the new horror flick 'The Strangers'? I saw an advanced screening of it and almost had to leave. No kidding. It was bloody frightening, not to mention based on true events--which gave it another level of creepiness.

I highly recommend it if you're a fan of horror or just want to see a movie that doesn't suck! I've heard conspiracy theories that it's based on true events. I've heard Manson murders and also the Keddie murders. I am trying to confirm this, but so far, only conspiracy theories. Anyway, here is the trailer:

Here's the trailer: movietrailerlive.com...




posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looks like a good one. I am a huge fan of the horror genre and have been sad to see the decline of horror movies of today.......all gore....no scare. Hopefully this one will bring the genre back from oblivion.



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah, looks like a good movie.

I love horror flicks.

There is a 'movie' section in Below Top Secret, which I'm sure this thread will be moved to soon enough.



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Looks like a good one. I am a huge fan of the horror genre and have been sad to see the decline of horror movies of today.......all gore....no scare. Hopefully this one will bring the genre back from oblivion.


Yeah it was great. I was losing hope there for awhile too. This movie definitely restored my hope. I'm not saying it's the savior of all cinema, but it was quite good.



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Trailer looks creepy, The idea that someone attacks you just because, is a very scary notion.
There are no monsters, Just people, best kind of horror.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Trailer looks creepy, The idea that someone attacks you just because, is a very scary notion.
There are no monsters, Just people, best kind of horror.


I agree with you. In the horror genre, you're already suspending your imagination quite a bit, so the more psychological the better. The Strangers pulled it off well. Just horrifying!



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet, but am anxiously waiting. I've always loved the horror movie monsters that were so far away from people that they weren't scary, just fun characters to watch (like zombies, Jason, Freddy, Pin. etc.) They make for fun make believe.

However, when it comes to freaks who are, or could be real, that's when it gets scary. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes are some of my favorite examples. It's about as real as you can get (twisted individuals killing for no reason but to kill).

Anyway, went on a bit of a rant there, but I think I'll enjoy 'The Strangers'.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm interested in knowing what real events the movie was based on, even loosely. I Googled it and couldn't find anything other than speculation. Definitely a movie I'd like to see.


As far as the Manson murders went, I'm not sure there was a lot of psychological torture involved as seems to be the case with the events in this movie, so far as I could tell from the commercial.

Peace


[edit on 27-5-2008 by Dr Love]



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe this is the source they loosely got their idea for the movie from.

Movie Source

Of course, as always, Hollywood has changed a few things......actually a lot of things



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I haven't seen it yet, but am anxiously waiting. I've always loved the horror movie monsters that were so far away from people that they weren't scary, just fun characters to watch (like zombies, Jason, Freddy, Pin. etc.) They make for fun make believe.

However, when it comes to freaks who are, or could be real, that's when it gets scary. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes are some of my favorite examples. It's about as real as you can get (twisted individuals killing for no reason but to kill).

Anyway, went on a bit of a rant there, but I think I'll enjoy 'The Strangers'.


Yeah I like monster movies too, as a kid they scared me like freddy kruger gave me nightmares for ages, but now you know it's all make up, special effects and/or CGI, it does become funny, freddy kruger especially.
I see him as a comedy horror.
The movies that do creep me out are the ones with people and what we as a species are capable of.

I will be looking for this movie but I don't think it's out here yet, (UK).



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yeah....

I'm still scared of some things. I know I won't go driving through Texas desert roads any time soon.

As a matter of fact, to this day I annoy my girlfriend by asking. "Babe.... Can you check under my bed for Texas?"



posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
After doing some research, I found this out about THE STRANGERS

The plot was loosely based on a real life triple murder story.


The murders happened at Keddie Resort, a small resort in hilly northern California. The date was April 11, 1981. It was discovered by Sheila Sharp, who had stayed overnight at a neighboring house. She returned to her holiday cabin to find 3 people killed. Her Mom Sue, brother John, 16, and his friend, Dana Wingate, 17, were murdered in the same fashion. Their hands and feet were tied, then they were stabbed and hammered. The entire cabin was splattered in blood.

Sheila Sharp’s 2 younger brothers and their friend were in a back bedroom and they were safe. Tina Sharp, a younger sister, was missing. There was damage to the walls and furniture but no one heard anything on that fateful night. The case grew cold due to lack of leads.

The movie had a plot on a holidaying couple, at a remote cabin, who was visited by 3 strangers. The strangers then proceeded to wreck the couple’s lives.




top topics



 
0

log in

join