It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Read my post. Everything you need to know is there.

Israel has many nukes and is the United States' closest ally in the middle east. We are Israel's puppet or vice versa depending on how you look at it.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
1) Israel has nuclear capability
2)Iran is working toward that end and has precursors...
3)Iran want to get rid of Israel.
4)Bad things happen when you threaten a nuclear -able country.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
ah, so much ignorance, so little time. First off, the majority of the world accepts that isreal has nukes. Its pretty much a given. Secondly, it is ISREAL which has broken every single treaty, not the arabs. Isreal has broken EVERY SINGLE TREATY or peace accord it has made. And you must look at the difference in the isreali arab conflict. The arabs are fighting to hold onto land and to live, the zionists are fighting to TAKE more land. the scale is rediculous, with at least 5 times as many arabs dieing as jews. Thirdly, every single nuclear inspector has stated unequivically that not only does iran NOT have a weaponization program, but that they NEVER HAVE. Keeping in mind that iran has only been at war with 1 country in contemporary history (which we instigated) and that isreal is CONSTANTLY attacking and bombing other countries in its area.
And then theres that moron (sorry for the criticism and name calling) castigating Carter for dealing with our "enemies" and ...how did he put it? seeing them as more valuable than us?? perhaps if we all recognized the humanity in our "enemies" there would be fewer of them about, and indeed i think the main problem of many americans is that they FAIL to see the value in anyone not american. ie, in the news you constantly see about the 4000 americans dead in the war in iraq. WHOOPTIE DOO!!!! thats NOTHING compared to the 1.2 MILLION dead iraqi's ....but then, american lives are apparently worth more than iraqi lives.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
ah, so much ignorance, so little time. First off, the majority of the world accepts that isreal has nukes. Its pretty much a given. Secondly, it is ISREAL which has broken every single treaty, not the arabs. Isreal has broken EVERY SINGLE TREATY or peace accord it has made.

I see this a little different than you do.

Thirdly, every single nuclear inspector has stated unequivically that not only does iran NOT have a weaponization program, but that they NEVER HAVE.

IAEA: Iran may be withholding info in nuke probe

link

but then, american lives are apparently worth more than iraqi lives.

I never said that!!! So I hope your not putting words into my mouth. I have enough without you adding to mine.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Our NIE stated plainly that no weaponization program was found, but the news put it out that iran had stopped their weaponization. This is misleading due to the fact that Iran never HAD a weaponization program. I see your article is from yahoo news which is pretty MSM. I would like to point out that Iran by treaty was never bound by contract to completely expose all their activities and give total access to their facilities...it is something they CHOSE to do voluntarily. However, since 05 i believe, since the EU3 has been pressuring iran on their nuclear power and trying to put roadblocks in their way, iran has decided to UNVOLUNTEER in protest to the EU3 demands that they halt all enrichment. keeping in mind that niether the united states nor isreal allows such inspections of their facilities or weapon production centers, and we certainly keep ourselves out of compliance with the IAEA and the NPT ourselves. And finally, in the news article i read it say iran MAY be witholding info, and that an Unnamed individual (we get alot of those lately) gave evidence which SUGGESTED yada yada yada...i saw that word suggested alot.
I have to say, in all honesty, if i was the leader of any country in the world, especially an arab one, i would be trying my damnedest to get nuclear weapons, and reasonably so. It has been shown as the only thing which can halt direct US aggression and bring us to the negotiating table. especially if i was under threat from the nuclear arsenal from isreal. Keeping in mind that thanks to us isreal has the 5th strongest military in the world.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmajestyk6309

Get a room, you guys would make a great couple

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

your post is really very good *star for you* but the person it was aimed at is actually ignoring it and continues with the `israel does not have nukes as theres no proof` line.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
pretty much. I think shar is just not wanting to face the truth...he/she must have some sort of emotional attachment to isreal.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The Vela Incident

South Africas weapons programme was openly declared and dismantled, and they remain the only actual nuclear power to unilaterally disarm to date.

Israels ties to South Africa's programme are speculative, but it seems that there was a degree of co-operation between the two.

Israel's nuclear programme dates back to the 50's

Israel and Weapons of Mass Destruction

As for Carters comments, he was POTUS, I would imagine he would have been regularly briefed on such matters, so why anyone would want to question his sources I don't know, unless they are dumb enough to believe the office of the President of the USA is not kept up to date by military analysts.

What I can't understand is why people are condeming him for speaking about the worst kept military secret in the world. I guess its just people taking any chance they can to kick the guy.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
pretty much. I think shar is just not wanting to face the truth...he/she must have some sort of emotional attachment to isreal.

I'm a she. No I have no emotional ties to Israel or any other country. Just don't understand why people is not seeing how we keep stirring up trouble for the middle east.

neformore

What I can't understand is why people are condeming him for speaking about the worst kept military secret in the world. I guess its just people taking any chance they can to kick the guy.

What most of everyone on here is not understanding what I am saying. How hard could it be? I have said it post after post. I am saying Carter is Stirring up trouble he is being an Instigator!!!!

Do you not see even when he went over there and talked to them Israel got bombed.

Come'on people surely you can see what I am talking about. I am saying why now? Why is he (carter) constantly stirring the pot?

Oh and your a mod and you are calling names isn't this against the T&C.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I cannot believe your ignorance. Two previous posters have already given you copious amounts of information that Israel has a confirmed Nuclear Arsenal, not to mention the rest of the World AGREES they do and you simply turn your nose up and look away?
Are you afraid of the truth?

Israel HAS Nuclear Weapons. Israel HAS HAD Nuclear Weapons since the 1970's.

Mordechai Vanunu, a former technician at the Negev Nuclear Research Facility spilled the beans on Israel's programme in the 1980's and since then it's generally been consensus the Israelis have a very secretive Nuclear Programme.
Here's about a dozen links that will shed way more light than I possibly can on the scope and history of Israel's programme:
www.democracynow.org...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.wisconsinproject.org...
www.pdfdownload.org...
www.fas.org...

It was actually the UK that helped fund and supply the Israeli Nuclear Programme, NOT the US as commonly believed. Up until the 1970's the Americans had refused to support the Israelis or send them aid, their major allies at the time were France and the UK:
www.newstatesman.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel as AT LEAST, 100 deliverable thermonuclear missiles, bombs and shells with perhaps an even larger non-operational surplus of older weapons (somewhere around 200):
www.accessmylibrary.com...

And Olmert is not the first Israeli President to admit it's Nuclear capabilities; this is a speech former-President Shimon Peres made in the 1998:

"Israel built a nuclear option, not in order to have a Hiroshima but an Oslo."

www.fas.org...

In other words he's saying without it's Nuclear deterrent capability Israel would have stood no chance against it's neighbours aggression in the 60's and 70's.
Definitive enough for you?

If you still don't believe me here are the photos Vanunu showed the world of the covert Dimona Plutonium Enrichment Plant:

What do you think all that equipment is for there? A giant Easy-Bake Oven?
An experimental snow cone maker?

And the final smoking gun of Israel's Nuclear capability as far as I'm concerned is Israel's recent purchase of 3, "Dolphin-Class" Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines from Germany:
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.fas.org...

Quite a fruitless purchase unless a country actually has some Nuclear Missiles wouldn't you say?

Time to take off your blindfold mate and open your eyes, the Israeli Nuclear Programme has been common knowledge for some time now. The die-hard Zionists will still deny it exists but that's of course because they don't want any scrutiny or international focus on their programme like Iran is suffering from right now.
They prefer to keep it dark and under wraps and that's the real problem here because nobody knows exactly how advanced it is and in what scenarios they plan to use them for.
Israel is a bit of a loose cannon in that regard, especially when you consider they've been at war since their inception, so they have a lot more reason and desire to use Nuclear Weapons than say a nation like Iran does.

I'd rather give a handgun to a man I've known all my life than hand it to a complete stranger who could be psychopath.

[edit on 27/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Shar

I cannot believe your ignorance. Two previous posters have already given you copious amounts of information that Israel has a confirmed Nuclear Arsenal, not to mention the rest of the World AGREES they do and you simply turn your nose up and look away?
Are you afraid of the truth?

OH so you are calling me ignorant and copying someone else post for the most part instead of reading what I have said.

Which is from page 1.

I don't know it seems he's trying to start trouble. They can say he won a peace prize. But, it seems like he's looking for trouble. Saying stuff like that and
"One of the greatest human rights crimes on earth is the starvation and imprisonment of 1.6m Palestinians," he said
On top of this he held talks
In April he controversially held talks in the Syrian capital Damascus with Khaled Meshaal, leader of the militant Palestinian movement Hamas. Also, from page 1
The Israelis have never confirmed they have nuclear weapons, but this has been widely assumed since a scientist leaked details in the 1980s. Mr Carter made his comments on Israel's weapons at a press conference at the annual literary Hay Festival in Wales

From page 2 we have this link of his trouble. link

Again, I would like to say that Carter is stirring up trouble for the middle east period!!!! You do not go running your mouth where everyone is on the edge already!!!! Where they are afraid of one another and then you have an ex president who went against everyones advice and went over there and ran his mouth some more then bombs start flying and now he's doing it again!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
ok, lets look at that. Jimmy carter stirring up trouble. I dont think thats the case, i think its Israel that is stirring up trouble. Carter is just pointing out the obvious, that the arab poor in the area need help fending off israels violent aggression. He needs to point this out, as do others because all you hear from the mainstream is about how good israel is, and how sad it is when evil terrorists attack them. The other side needs to be shown. When one group is horribly oppressing, killing, and robbing another, and someone points it out, that is not stirring up trouble, its bringing attention where it is due. Recognize!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

So - let us assume, that you statement, saying that Israel does not and that it never had any nuclear weapons, is correct. Could you please explain the following facts about the notorious Dimona Nuclear Reactor?

Israel's Illegal Dimona Nuclear Facility
Dimona, potential eco-catastrophe
Israeli Nuclear Complex Revealed

I am sure that is not Nuclear Power Plant...

[edit on 27/5/08 by Souljah]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Israel has nukes, I don't think anyone doubts this, but at the same time, since there inception, the arabs have been trying to commit genocide against them and I don't blame them for getting weapons to insure there survival. As for the Palestinians, Israel has offered them peace time and again, but iran, syria, hezbollah, and hamas will not let that happen. Carter needs to address the real reason why Palestine does not exist, and it has nothing to do with Israel and everything to do with the arab states and iran.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU DUDE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT ??

I don't blame them for getting weapons to insure there survival.

THEY ARE ON SOME ONE AS LAND THEY OCCUPIED OTHER LAND ILLEGALLY

Israel has offered them peace time and again, but iran, syria, hezbollah, and hamas will not let that happen.

IF CUBA OCCUPIED HAWI THEN SAY OK WE CAN HAVE PEACE WHAT YOU DO DUDE?BEING AMERICAN MIGHT BE WE BOMB THEIR ASS .......

SO WHY WE USE DOUBLE STANDARD WHY WE ARE PRO ISRAEL WE LICK THEIR BALL EVEN WE KNOW Israelis were behind 9-11

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

OH so you are calling me ignorant and copying someone else post for the most part instead of reading what I have said.

You know you could at least read my post, before accusing me of plagiarism...

Sheesh, how is that copying anyone's post? I gave you reams of information I dug up disproving your stubborn viewpoint and as I predicted you simply ignored it.

As for reading what you said, yeah I read it. You keep repeating the same thing over and over again without any proof yourself... if Israel doesn't have Nuclear Weapons, prove it O Wise one!

Don't simply ignore the facts because you obviously have some kind of die-hard support for Israel or perhaps your a Zionist yourself, I don't know, but don't keep chanting the same stuff without backing it up.

[edit on 27/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Hi soulJah Thanks for the video. I looked at it of course. This is the same info that others have already gave however. Everyone is citing this one man's sources.

I wonder why the IAEA is not trying to get in or do anything about this?

Again though why is no one getting the fact that Carter is saying things to keep things stirred up.

Carter meets with a leading member of Hamas
Carter's office declined to comment on the meeting, saying he does not discuss closed gatherings. Embraces between men are common in Arab culture.

www.iht.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

The IAEA has tried many times - the IDF have openly said they will kill anyone going near dimona - including the IAEA

you stated many times you do not believe that israel has nukes , well this has now been proven with overwhelming evidence they have - please don`t ignore those who are posting extensive posts and change tangent harping on about carter - it is courtesy to acknowledge what has been said directly to you.

link   
I already told you a good analogy i think. you just keep parroting the same thing. What makes you think Carter is stirring things up? Do you think Hamas bombing israel is unwarranted? or that if Carter wasnt there there would be more peace in the middle east? Dont you realize that Hamas and Hizbollah are reactionary forces that were formed in resistance to israeli zionist oppression and aggression? They are popular movements with the support of their people, VOTED into office in fair and legal elections!!

link   
I don't think anyone can provide proof of an Israeli arsenal with any available sources...

i / we suspect that the Dimona nuclear facility serves a similar function as the US facility at Savannah River... a breeder reactor along with facilities to machine these devices cores and triggers.

since there are no unambiguious proof sources, we have to rely on
secondary deductions.
one source might be this site which is the crashed remains of information
about the Israeli nuclear program.

see: www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

I'd venture to say that Mossad hackers are the ones resonsible for wrecking the paper and the dialogue because there was way too much factual information contained in it.... such as the correct number of nuclear devices (172 ea.) that the Israelis had on hand at that particular time in history.

a second probable source is this interesting nugget from a 1998 document...
www.defencejournal.com...

which says in part: All this now makes India the seventh biggest nuclear weapon power, after the five declared nuclear powers ( the US.
Russia, Btitain, France and China).... and Israel,
which though not a declared nuclear power is known to possess
a stockpile of over 20 nuclear weapons, including hydrogen bombs.
[...]

? just who does defencejournal refer to as the source for 'knowing'
Israel has 'over 20' nuclear/thermonuclear devices ?
they do not say...but defencejournal aren't going to risk their credibility on hearsay from an unreliable source, so that eliminates most everyone but Vannanu and the CIA... eh?

aha ! , conspiracy- - weave your way through this moot thread,
as credible sources and data are not available.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by St Udio]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join