It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
So you know this to be a fact!!!! Where is the article or evidence that tells us this?

A picture can tell a thousand words...here's some of the pics by Vanunu that he took inside Dimona...

Image/Text Source: MY PHOTOS OF DIMONA - 1985

Looking inside a glove box for tooling nuclear materials

Looking inside a glove box at lathe for turning precision shaped pieces of plutonium or other components.

Plutonium separation plant control room

Production model of nuclear weapons core

There are more images from that source in case you're not convinced

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

been a while since we had someone who denies a jewish bomb - look at the link above - the photo`s of the leaking reactor and bomb making factory at dimona have allready been published to the world.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

The confirmation of an Israeli nuclear weapon would seem to present them with a major PR problem. How could they lobby against an Iranian or Syrian nuclear program, for example, if they admitted having nuclear weapons of their own? They'd look like hypocrites.

It seems to me that their best play is to keep their own nuclear program under wraps and continue to try to play the victim on the international stage. Its a lot harder to do that when you have 250 nuclear weapons and the capacity to wipe out every major city and military installation in the Middle East if a conflict arises.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Isn't this a nuclear power plant? If so they are two different things. Am I right?

People can assume and gossip and hold signs up but, that doesn't make it a fact.

I don't know though all I am saying is that Carter is running his mouth stirring up trouble for us all.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

The confirmation of an Israeli nuclear weapon would seem to present them with a major PR problem. How could they lobby against an Iranian or Syrian nuclear program, for example, if they admitted having nuclear weapons of their own?

Yeah -- that is a great answer! Of course that is right.

It is weird, but it never occurred to me, and is obviously a possible rational. Thanks, Vor.

Edit: Maybe I'm so use to the hypocrisy of the USA, the main possessor of nuclear weapons, demanding the rest of the world forego nuclear weapons research – it didn't come to mind that this might be a reason for Israel's secrecy. The USA doesn't dwell on PR -- that's pretty obvious.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

We are very close with Israel. Israel wouldn't necessarily even need the real-estate to test a nuclear device. All they would need to do is base their weapons designs on ours and make a version of their own based on that design. This idea that a nuclear weapon is only effective if tested is a fallacy anyway. The technology over the years has become extremely sophisticated and refined. Israel wouldn't have to start from square one.

-ChriS

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by princeofpeace

they don`t have the space at dimona to store 500

as allready linked the man who blew the whistle on teh entire `jewish bomb` is likely the most hounded jew on teh planet and will be till he dies - he has no freedom and never will do.

a shame since he brought the photos of the inside of dimona to the world.

Um....they dont have to be stored at Dimona LOL. That is where the Uranium comes from. Heck, they probably arent even ASSEMBLED at Dimona much less stored there. Do you think the US stores all its nukes at its reactor sites? I dont think so and neither does Israel.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

We are very close with Israel. Israel wouldn't necessarily even need the real-estate to test a nuclear device. All they would need to do is base their weapons designs on ours and make a version of their own based on that design. This idea that a nuclear weapon is only effective if tested is a fallacy anyway. The technology over the years has become extremely sophisticated and refined. Israel wouldn't have to start from square one.

-ChriS

Just google "Israeli and South African Nuclear test" and you will see there is more evidence than can be processed that they did indeed test a device several decades ago.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Mordechai Vanunu

the question is , do you believe him or not?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
Carter once again talking out of his ass. He was one of the absolute worst POTUS the US ever had, now he is living up to his rep by being one of the worst former POTUS ever.

Israel has nukes, I don't think anyone doubts this, but at the same time, since there inception, the arabs have been trying to commit genocide against them and I don't blame them for getting weapons to insure there survival. As for the Palestinians, Israel has offered them peace time and again, but iran, syria, hezbollah, and hamas will not let that happen. Carter needs to address the real reason why Palestine does not exist, and it has nothing to do with Israel and everything to do with the arab states and iran.

And that justifies Israel's attack on innocent civilians? Tearing down homes in neighborhoods that have been there for decades and giving them a phony reason that they had no right to build there?

There are Israeli citizens risking their lives helping Palestinians get back on their feet after the government throws them out into the streets without any remorse and tears down their homes. Every time some Iran-backed terrorist act occurs in Israel, the military is sent in to take down entire neighborhoods and leave dozens of families homeless. What do you think those kids will think of Israel when they grow up? I'll tell you what, they'll gladly take money from Iran to support their families and then blow themselves up. Do you see that this cycle will never end? Israel is acting like a complete bully over the Palestinians, I think that much is clear.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Impreza]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Well Carter is quite right, Israel does have nuclear weapons.

really? Again, does he or even you have the proof to this!!! Carter is a trouble maker. Period!!! He won the noble peace prize, for what? Pretending to be a peace maker while starting trouble, all at the same time. He is instigating them over there and he and everyone else knows it!!!

If I was the leader in Israel I would never, ever talk to such a man that talks out of two mouths the way Carter does. However, let me say Carter is not the only one in our government (or had been in government) that stirs up trouble over there.

It’s as if we want to keep conflict going on over there. Like we truly don’t want peace. We just say we do. I feel sorry for all those people over there.

Its too bad that the leaders of those countries can’t come together and realize that the reason they are still fighting is because WE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN keeps stirring it up for them!!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that Israel had nuclear weapons. I guess not.

They have not signed the nuclear proliferation treaty however. A common misconception is that countries who haven't signed the NPT don't have nuclear weapons. That's simply not true.

From wikipedia:

Three states—India, Israel, and Pakistan—have declined to sign the treaty. India and Pakistan are confirmed nuclear powers, and Israel has a long-standing policy of deliberate ambiguity (see List of countries with nuclear weapons). These countries argue that the NPT creates a club of "nuclear haves" and a larger group of "nuclear have-nots" by restricting the legal possession of nuclear weapons to those states that tested them before 1967, but the treaty never explains on what ethical grounds such a distinction is valid.

Source

Continued:

According to leaked intelligence, Israel has been developing nuclear weapons at its Dimona site in the Negev since 1958, and many nonproliferation analysts like David Albright estimate that Israel may have stockpiled between 100 to 200 warheads using the plutonium reprocessed from Dimona. The Israeli government refuses to confirm or deny possession of nuclear weapons, although this is now regarded as an open secret after Israeli low level nuclear technician Mordechai Vanunu—later abducted and jailed by Israel—revealed the program to the British Sunday Times in 1986.

List of countries with nuclear weapons

Guess who's on that list? Israel.

Israel and WMDs

Incoming U.S. Defense Secretary tells Senate panel Israel has nuclear weapons

James C Moore: Why shouldn't Iran have nuclear weapons? Israel has American warheads ready to fire

Israel's nuclear weapons

And here's the kicker:

Olmert admits Israel has nuclear weapons

Mirrored story with commentary

"Iran openly, explicitly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map.

"Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as France, America, Russia and Israel?"

Nice mistranslation there buddy. Ahmadinejad said he wants to wipe the Zionist regime occupying Israel off the map, which is completely different than the state of Israel.

I love the political translations. Why can't you tell the truth?

And as soon as he said it, his office responds with a vehement denial.

PMO denies that Olmert disclosed Israel's nuclear hand

Israel's nuclear weapons program

Mock up of an Israeli bomb from Vanunu:

Jericho-2 Shavit space launch vehicle:

Jericho-2 development is indigenous, and started soon after the Jericho-1 was deployed. Test launches began in 1986 and the first two had ranges of 465 km (1986) and 820 km (1987). The Jericho-2 shares the first two stages of the civilian Shavit (Comet) space launch vehicle, which has launched Israel's four satellites, the Offeq-1, 2, and 3 reconnaissance satellites, and the Amos communications satellite.

The Jericho-2 can reach any part of Syria or Iraq, and as far as Teheran, and Benghazi, Libya. The Jericho-2B will be able to reach any part of Libya or Iran, and as far as southern Russia. The short range of the Lance limits it mainly to battlefield use, although the Syrian capital of Damascus is in range from much of northern Israel. According to Jane's World Air Forces, Israel has three Jericho-equipped missile squadrons.

THE THIRD TEMPLE'S HOLY OF HOLIES: ISRAEL'S NUCLEAR WEAPONS

Israel's WMDs

You know what the funny part of this story is? Back in 2000 there was a report released saying Israel may have 200 nuclear weapons. What a joke.

Israel 'may have 200 nuclear weapons'

Israel's top secret Dimona facility where they develop their nuclear material:

Israeli nuclear delivery systems

Israel and nuclear weapons

Notice the double standard? Israel can call foul on Iran, Libya, et all, but as soon as they're questioned they deny their existence. Anyone who dares question is an anti-semite apparently.

Bull#.

Any other questions?

[edit on 5/26/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why is this even an issue? Israel has had nukes for almost 35 years. They almost dropped them on both Syria and Iran. Israel gets what we have only 1 step down. Please stop reading forums and research your history...and don't gimme the eventual history is written by the winner crap. Facts are facts.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey! thats teason. This is totally unacceptable, Israel can anytime use nukes on their neighbour. This could end up another nuclear holocaust. Or should i say Mid East War. If they thought of using those nukes, they shall face deadly consequenses frm muslim majority countries.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alvatore

Look stop warmongering.... Israel has had these weapons for a long time in the form of droppable munitions. This is a NON ISSUE. WOULD they use them if attacked? Maybe. But the Israeli's are not going to commit unless faced with utter annihilation. Stop this Bush'esque crap. If anyone payed attention in history classes in college you would know that they have had them since the Egyptian war, but restrained from using them.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Look at the post below yours. You seriously did not know Israel had nukes or are you just closing your eyes to say they dont and call Carter a trouble maker. I used to think Carter was the worst president and ex president but the more and more I watch the guy Im starting to change my mind. First on Israel they are hypocrites like someone above said. Who are they to harp on everyone about nukes and try to get us to bomb Iran when they have nukes. I for one am sick of fighting Israels battles they have a good army, money, intelligence, and nukes to take care of themselves and they need to do just that.

On Carter he botched the Iranian hostage situation no doubt about it but he did break the back of inflation. On top of that when he went and talked to Hamas I agreed with him. In fact I feel it was our government who sent him there in private while denying it out loud. Think about it Hamas was elected in an election monitored by the US and now they have 2/3 of the government. So they win our elections we set up and we still arent going to talk to them? absurd this Bush dont talk to anyone policy is retarded just like the person who came up with the policy and the only thing it has gotten us is N Korea with Nukes, Iran getting Nukes, and the middle east in Chaos. Way to go Bushy.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by Shar

Look at the post below yours. You seriously did not know Israel had nukes or are you just closing your eyes to say they dont and call Carter a trouble maker.

No i did not. However, in my opinion thats not the problem as much as Carter starting trouble and running his mouth!!!! Why is he constantly running his mouth?

On Carter he botched the Iranian hostage situation no doubt about it but he did break the back of inflation.

How do you get he botched it. When you look at the facts they were released the very same day Reagan took office. So given this fact who then did all the negotiations. Reagan or Carter. I say Carter did. However, history does not give him the credit for that one.

On top of that when he went and talked to Hamas I agreed with him. In fact I feel it was our government who sent him there in private while denying it out loud. .

Yes, I agree our government was possibly behind this as well. Did you not notice however, when Carter talked with them that Israel got bombed within 24 or 48 hours after the talks.

see that's why I say he is starting and continuing stirring up trouble.

link

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Shar]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
According to what I know... the U.S. is basically sharing its arensal with Israel. Including the 2 million troops, 20k planes, carriers, and over 20k nuke warheads.

Israel made 150 by itself, but in reality it has 100x more.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is not news, Israel most likely has at least 400 nukes at this point in time. Olmert slipped it out a little while back, and it has been leaked by numerous whistleblowers over the years, starting in the 80's.

That is why it is so hypocritical that Israel is trying to tell other countries not to develop nuclear weapons.

Iran for example, has no nukes, and may or may not be attempting to get them, and signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

Isreal did not sign that treaty, and has broken numerous other U.N. sanctions.

So I guess my point is, screw you Isreal, I wish I could find a way for you not to get my money, but since billions of our tax dollars and military equipment are forwarded to you via our fascist gov't every year, I have no choice.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
die_another_day

According to what I know... the U.S. is basically sharing its arensal with Israel. Including the 2 million troops, 20k planes, carriers, and over 20k nuke warheads.

Israel made 150 by itself, but in reality it has 100x more.

May I ask who you are that you know this top information? Where did you get this from?

downtown436

This is not news, Israel most likely has at least 400 nukes at this point in time. Olmert slipped it out a little while back, and it has been leaked by numerous whistleblowers over the years, starting in the 80's.

Wow, I thought the motto here was to deny ignorance. To have proof and valid information before we speak. That’s not what I am seeing here. I am seeing hearsay and gossip and fear mongering and hate and people just assuming.

You say Iran has no nukes. Are you sure? I mean I can say they have nukes and others can say it as well. Then does that make it fact? That’s what everyone here is doing! Making it a fact without them ever acknowledging it or having actual proof!

Does everyone here think that Carter is ok in what is saying and doing then? It's ok for him to go over and talk to them and then Israel gets bombed! It's ok for him to say Israel has nukes without providing any proof to this? It's ok for him to go against Israel in the name of so called peace, when in reality bombs are flying.

I don't know. I can say that I don't know much about what they have or don't have but I know a trouble maker when I see it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join