It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet is Abuzz with Story That The FBI is Investigating The Bush Admin For War Crimes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

You see correctly. Bush has already thought of this and has bought 100000 acres of land in Paraguay. The same place all the Nazis went after WW2.

I think the decision to move to Paraguay is more than just an attempt to avoid trial for war crimes.

It also "just so happens" to sit over one of the largest aquifers in the world. I think it is also a strategic move to gain control over a vast amount of water, which is going to become as valuable as oil at some point in time.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is said that this vast underground reservoir could supply fresh drinking water to the world for 200 years. Due to an expected shortage of fresh water on a global scale, which environmentalists suggest will become critical in under 20 years, this important natural resource is rapidly becoming politicized, and the control of the resource becomes ever more controversial.

He would be safe in this country from prosecution for war crimes also, so a move there would not likely be purely motivated by fear of prosecution for war crimes.

en.wikipedia.org...

During the War on Terror the Bush administrtion enacted the Military Commissions Act (MCA) in an attempt to regulate the legal procedures involving detainees called illegal combatant. Part of the act was an amendment which retroactively rewrote the War Crimes Act effectively making policy makers, i.e. politicians and military leaders, and those applying policy, i.e. CIA interogators and soldiers, no longer subject to legal prosecution under US law for what before the amendment was defined as a war crime.[11] Because of that critics describe the MCA as an amnesty law for crimes committed in the War on Terror.[12][13]

Methinks it is setting up the Bush dynasty for continued wealth and power after (and while) the oil runs out. The power brokers already have made the move to a state of no national loyalty. Corporations have gone multinational, and our leadership around the world is eroding sovereignty for individual nation states. We, the public, need to play catch up here and realize that our leaders are not acting in our country's (or any individual country's) best interests, but rather are setting up the circumstances in such a way that they alone will profit when we finally catch on to the fact that the term "US" is nothing more than a name for an area and we completely lose the legal right to hold them accountable for pillaging our country's resources and tax dollars.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

wouldn't that be ironic? =) bush and cheney becoming "terrists", fleeing the country and going into hiding...i'd have to laugh.

they played a part in the (arguably) impending downfall of our country. we no longer have respect of other nations, our economy is shot because were funding another vietnam - wasting BILLIONS while we have people that can't afford to live, and we're constantly losing our freedom. bit by bit, every day. so slowly that the average person might not notice we are headed down a spiral.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You could also take a look at what ex-President Jimmy Carter has to say about this issue here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Watch the video link.

Cheers.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It would appear the FBI,CIA and NSA need to move forward with the prosecution, lest they forget uncle adolf and the night of the long knives. They are about to get pushed out and don't even see it coming. It would be a shame to see good parts of govt blindsided and exterminated by the next attempt at world dictatorship.

According to executive order the army may be directed to round them up and give them a military trial and execution whenever they choose.

Absolute power corrupts......you know....

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I heard whispers of this about 2 years ago. It was explained that you can't prosecute a sitting president. I look to Pinochet of an example of a leader who was not defeated (per se) yet he was hounded.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join