It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is to blame for Britain's knife-crime epidemic?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

It's not getting worse, that's the whole point - if you look at knife crime as a percentage or on a per capita basis, you'll see that it has decreased.

This whole "epidemic" is media driven, and is encouraged by the government in order to make us focus on something other than the rules and regulations our law enforcement agencies have to work under, and to take away the racial stigma attached to "stop and search".

One reason for this is that London has had an increas of murdered youths by knife crime, in a very small period. With us having such a blatently London centric media, the events of a small part of the country become enlarged and are then considered by many as the truth for the country as a whole.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
reply to post by scarlett1125

To answer the OPs initial question, maybe the thugs who are committing crimes with knives are the ones to blame.

Or is it too quaint of an idea to actually blame the people who commit the crimes? If so, please forgive me, as I did not attend a snooty Ivy League-like college.

Or maybe it's just these thugs are bitter and cling to their knives...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jamie83]

OK but why? Do you mean that they are just naturally born bad? The question is, what is it that makes a person want to use a knife and why, in some areas is knife crime much higher now? What are the factors? Is it socio-economical? Is it psychodynamical? It can't possibly be biological unless there is a reason that there are apparently more "bad" people being born per capita.

Personally, as some have said, I believe that this is mostly the deviancy amplification spiral.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I would like to refer to this post of mine to clear up some misconceptions about the Swiss and their relation to guns. Your statement regarding this matter is not entirely correct.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

We need to stop imprisoning people for stealing cars to joyride, missing child support payments, and smoking pot. That will help.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The government needs people to fear knives so they can make this the everyday norm:

The constant brainwashing the general public are exposed to regarding knives makes them all to willing to except totalitarian measures, supposedly being introduced to keep us 'safe'.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

The constant brainwashing the general public are exposed to regarding knives makes them all to willing to except totalitarian measures, supposedly being introduced to keep us 'safe'.

Well said, finally a post from someone that understands

There is a plan on such a scale that we 'the ordinary' people cannot fathom. The majority of people are either unaware or want to bury there heads in the sand in order to remain oblivious from it because they are scared of leaving their bubble.

This plan is to cause anarchy worldwide, this plan is to scare everybody in to believing that everything in the world is happening because of terrorism,drugs,weaponse.t.c this isn't true at all its happenign because they are stripping away the layers of our security.

A few example of how they do this,

By Filling prisons with petty criminals and allowing the hard core to stay out and do as they please:
By stripping judges of power to sentence the criminals
By instilling terror by broadcasting doom and gloom - (knife crime has actually gone down)
By creating false flags
By portraying violence as fun and entertaining, video games,music videos e.t.c
By Turning everyone against each other so that we don't work together and figure what life is really about.

I can totally empathise with the majority because if this is really all true then where are we heading and who the hell is steering?............ so may questions so little answers.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
By instilling terror by broadcasting doom and gloom - (knife crime has actually gone down)

Has it? It depends which figure you look at, i'm afraid the clear figure is rather badly arrived at. A telegraph article is below taking a look at it. They extrpolate a small surveyed section to the entire population regardless of where they took the survey.

If you survey people from a low crime area and extrapolate that then the figures for knife crime will be lower, or higher depending on where the survey is conducted. They arrived at figures between 50,000 and 22,000.

So basically we don't know, however what i can say from eprsonal experience is that kids have less respect at younger ages. It wasn't common to see a 12 year old, bouncing on a car, kicking a phone box, or gangs of them hanging round on street corners when i was there age.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I've read all the NWO stuff you're on about and i havn't come to any major conclusions yet. The only conclusion i've come to is about the deliberate raising of oil prices, but that isn't for this thread

[edit on 29-5-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The agents of the designers and crafters of the europeon union are responsible for somehow instigating the knife crime.....I had a vivid dream last night....they are causing a problem. The people are providing the reaction. They will provide the people with their solution. Which is more laws and more control over all aspects of our very lives...

so what do we do about it...

u2u

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hey, ask Lord Rothschild! This has got his M.O.

Get the government to kill their own on 7/7. And now hire thugs to engage in knife crime so ordinary blokes are terrified and will let Labour grab more power and control over people.

Adieu, Magna Charta!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join