It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix - Mars Worm and Burrow picture ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Any ideas ?

Is this two rocks with weird banding or one snake like sea cucumber next to its burrow ?

Phoenix - Original Nasa picture

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Could be some sort of fossil,something like a worm covered in years of sand or simply a rock that looks like a snake or something.
alot of pics from mars are going to come out over the next few weeks,a fasinating time for all of us

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think it is just a rock. They come in alsorts of shapes and sizes and we too easily make recognisable shapes out of them.

I could be wrong, but I would bet my house on it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

It's a rock,I'm 99.9999% sure,I would bet 1000$ on it.We to easily,like someone else said make inanimate objects animate,it's just a natural human response.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Oh look, three rocks close to each other and covered in dust.

I like most people really want this mission to find something, but let's not get too giddy just yet.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
how about some tracks also ..

I know its to easy to see things in these early pics but three things in this frame make it worth looking at. A track , a worm shape and a burrow/hole.
I cant say I expect this to be anything but it looks odd so worth pointing out I think.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Did you see them

It's a rock,I'm 99.9999% sure,I would bet 1000$ on it.We to easily,like someone else said make inanimate objects animate,it's just a natural human response.

A white vertically erect rock? I'll bet you 100$ it's not a rock.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zinco100

You're talking about the pics in the other thread, right? Most people think it's part of thelander, and I'll agree until I see some better images of it.
Didyouseethem, I don't see the tracks you're tracing there, although I could almost see foot prints there.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
(fireingupthemazda724)......I agree with Zinco100 ..No sign of any tracks, but I do see foot prints, also a "scattering" of humunoid skulls ....for best viewing don't bother trying to digitally enlarge pics ..but use a decent lens and place over picture, after all best camera's use optical enlarging.
eye sockets and mouth areas are quite clear!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A giant face,pyramid,smoke stacks billowing smoke,skull,mushrooms,now a worm...nice list im building.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You can see all sorts if you look hard enough.
Its a fun game to play.
Joking aside even if you view the worm pic as just two rocks close together each rock has a strange dark banding that geologists I'm sure would like to look closer at.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I agree with that. Probably part of the heatdhield or the parachute drifted down range once it was cut loose at about 100 meters when the landing rockets took over.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
in pic bellow, i see other worm leave a hole..
any idea ?

in top-rigth side, we have a hole and a stranger body. I never saw any "rock" like that...magnify the image and comment please.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I really hate repeating myself, but a rock is a rock is a rock.
I have some more cool pics for you to identify for me here

Apologies to those who have seen and tried to debunk them already.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_uk

I can't believe anyone would suspect this as a worm. It is simply a collection of five rocks lying close together. The photo is blurry so they kind of blur together, but you can count 'em. I draw a lot so I know shadows.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zinco100

Oh you people, betting your worthless American dollars..

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Any ideas ?

Is this two rocks with weird banding or one snake like sea cucumber next to its burrow ?

Well, it depends upon interpretation. I see a cat-like animal which I've highlighted and circled in red.

Worms or cats? The res isn't good enough to speculate. I feel it's just a play of light/shadow on a small rock!

Cheers!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

That's not a cat--Its a TOAD with a small tail!

I think people are reaching for this one. Especially trying to mark those tracks.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
clearly, it's a picture of a giant space turd, i can't believe you guys can claim it to be anything other than a giant space turd. to dismiss such an obvious turd as something so mundane as a cat or a worm is just plain ignorance.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join