It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold-fusion demonstration a success

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sn00daard

A friend pointed me to this article and I thought I'de share it with you guys and gals.

Apparently the first reports of cold fusion date back to 1989 but the experiments couldn't be reproduced so it was burried. Luckily there are always those persistent few who, despite many a setback, refuse to let go. Like the author said: "It will be interesting to see what other scientists think of Arata's demonstration.".

Included links to the translated articles published by "Il Sole 24 Ore" (the italian economy journal) which apparently broke the news. Not inlcuding the japanese media stated in the article that is.

Will be looking out for further development on this

physicsworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not quite: the authorities doing the investigation had a vested interest in hot fusion which, as you know, has an investment of billions. Why kill off research worth billions which will never ever have to produce anything (well it hasn't for 50 years) for something that costs pennies in every home!!! Hot fusion - jobs for life no pressure. Cold fusion - lots of out of work fusion scientists.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
Here's a great video about the original Pons & Fleichman experiment. It turns out MIT came up with fraudulent results to squash cold fusion in order to protect their multi-billion dollar research into hot fusion. 20+ years of independent experiments have confirmed P&F and this latest experiment is just a different take on their original research. Spread the word!!

Oops I seem to have replied with the same story before reading yours. Still the more we remind folks the better.

The very near future will be interesting. There comes a point when some countries will just say "oh to hell with the US and increasing oil prices let's look at cold fusion". Now imagine if a working cold fusion home reactor was being mass produced outside the western world. The world economy would be dramatically altered in favour non oil based economies. So that's bye bye US, UK, Western Europe, Saudi, Russia.

That is a distinct possibility if the west keeps ignoring alternate energy research.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
I've been wondering what happened to cold fusion. I was all over it for a while in high school, but then it disappeared in the MSM, and I hadn't heard d!ck about it since. Good to know the idea's still out there.

I think some guy named William Lyne started it and think it was the
Hydrogen gas cycle but not sure.

He used a catalysts that he erroneously disclosed (on purpose?) or
the verifying scientist's for mass media said it didn't work.

Lyne verified the process in scientific journals that were confiscated
or changed to hide the process.

In making the actual process, if the Hydrogen process or some other,
he claimed success.

He states the government scientists used the wrong catalysts and
this story has the wrong one also.

The government scientists may have verified it but was not given
permission to divulge the success.

If government approvals or scrutiny is involved, the story comes out
their way.

Working from many projects published in magazines , there is always
an error of some sort and the next issue error correction sill doesn't
fit it. Try some published computer programs lately.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The paper is real enough, it can be found through google scholar and Arata is cited in the following pdf of what appears to have been a slide show at some energy congress thing, haven;t read it properlly yet, but it looks interesteting, mentions MIT making deliberate false claims, the tampering of published data and some ideas behind how CF could be done and some comparriosns between apparently succesful experiments...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Interesting discovery (circa 1994).

However, trying to figure out time to extrapolate the experiment. Only getting a 70 C degree rise (158 F)...not enough to boil water. How much to achieve steam?

And the vaccum requirements for a larger scale will be $$$.

I'm behind the guys who can produce cold fusion (room temp).

Not to bring up cheezy sci-fi movies, but I think harmonics/frequency/resonance or "bubble fusion" as shown in 'Chain Reaction' is possible.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

It's all good, guys. No worries.

Hopefully we can solve the energy crisis!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Real and messy beauracratically. I'm no physicist, but I was talking to a UK grad student like 5 years ago who was designing experiments and collecting data to demonstrate that it was totally doable. (Our little school didn't have any nice toys, so you had to get creative...)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Edmund Storms discusses the methods used to generate low energy nuclear reactions (LENR)
(1 of 7 on YouTube)

He discusses data from Arata & Zhang experiments in Part 4.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Is it true that you can get a cold fusion reaction from bombarding acetone with soundwaves? I had heard this was experimented with at one time. Anyone know for sure?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Is it true that you can get a cold fusion reaction from bombarding acetone with soundwaves? I had heard this was experimented with at one time. Anyone know for sure?

So does that mean no listening to heavy metal while cleaning glassware?
Or wait, it means we SHOULD!(?)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
But did they get Helium as a biproduct?
if it makes a balloon rise but doesn't burn, I'm a believer.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
dr. stephen jones was one of the original 'blockers' of the original pons/fleischman experiment.

damn rabbit hole has more twists and turns than a (frictionless) bob-sled run.

"follow the white rabbit"

which one!?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

I think what you are refering to may be sonoluminescence

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The experiment from back in 1989 was successful. Otherwise, where did the tritium come from? The DoE sponsored no fewer than 3 books to debunk that success.

If you have money to invest, go long on palladium.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Starred and flagged!

This does not suprise me in the least. In fact I'd lean towards the stories of it "not being reproduceable" as being a likely fallacy. The list of folks behind this type of technology who have "commited suicide" or had a "heart-attack" is pretty telling IMO. This, and other types of free energy has been covered up and deliberately supressed for decades, probably longer by TPTB...

Its always been real, however as we know it just needs more perfecting.
Some day we will use fusion to power lots of things.

And hell no big oil dont want it to surface. If we dumped money into this tech like oil, we wouldnt need oil.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This interview explains many, many things:

Playlist: Dr. Eugene Mallove

www.youtube.com...

Description:

My long-time friend, Dr. Eugene Mallove, is dead. The local police have ruled his death a homicide. At this writing, his killer is (or "killers" are) unknown, and the precise reasons for his brutal killing are equally mysterious. The timing of Gene's death - May 14, 2004, just as his 15-year, literal one scientist crusade to force the world's scientific and political communities to take seriously a revolutionary form of energy that can literally "change the world" was finally about to be vindicated this year, by a reversal of the original negative analysis 15 years ago by the same government agency, the U.S. Department of Energy - makes no sense, regardless of the exact reasons for his murder. - Richard C. Hoagland

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, I get the idea in theory, but I have no clue as to the logistics or realities of commercial applications...

Is this why the lunar Helium 3 is so valuable?

I still don't get that. Why the Helium 3? I mean, is there a cheap yet profitable use? Cold Fusion?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

Helium-3 (He-3) is a light, non-radioactive isotope of helium with two protons and one neutron, rare on Earth, sought for use in nuclear fusion research. The abundance of helium-3 is thought to be greater on the Moon (embedded in the upper layer of regolith by the solar wind over billions of years) and the solar system's gas giants (left over from the original solar nebula), though still low in quantity (28 ppm of lunar regolith is helium-4 and 0.01 ppm is helium-3).[1] It is proposed to be used as a second-generation fusion power source.
wiki

top topics

<< 1   >>

join